PDA

View Full Version : Picking up my 1st MC tomorrow!

sixysixss
05-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Tomorrow morning I'm going to pick up my first Mastercraft -- a 2005 X9. I don't think I'll be able to sleep too much tonight. Tomorrow night I'll probably sleep in the X9!

erkoehler
05-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Break it in right :)

Which engine did you get??

Farmer Ted
05-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Tomorrow morning I'm going to pick up my first Mastercraft -- a 2005 X9. I don't think I'll be able to sleep too much tonight. Tomorrow night I'll probably sleep in the X9!

sharp lookiing boat!

if you put the bottom of the rear seat up top the sun deck will provide a more comfortable bedt

ry not to slobber on the carpet.....

sixysixss
05-07-2006, 12:32 AM
It has the 350HP MCX motor! I'll try not to drool on anything!

Life is Good!
05-07-2006, 08:42 AM
just bought mine about 3 weeks ago. also a 2005 x9 w/ 350 h.p. mcx! do yourself a favor and put a 3 blade acme prop on it and unleash the true potential of that beast! :D

6ballsisall
05-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Congrats SS!! Gorgeous looking boat you invested in!

bigmac
05-07-2006, 09:35 AM
It has the 350HP MCX motor! I'll try not to drool on anything!

I think the MCX is a fantastic boat engine. Runs cool, good (relatively) economy, great performance, pretty easy to work on, reliable. And it looks cool too. Great choice, IMHO.

Beautiful boat. Congratulations.

stevo137
05-07-2006, 09:38 AM
The right colors too.

CONGRATS!

bigmac
05-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Is there an alternator bracket issue on the 2005 MCX? My 2004 did snap the bracket bolts and I know there was an upgraded bracket, but I can't remember if they changed the bracket for 2005.

Sodar
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Where in SoCal are you? That looks like California Skier if my eyes are not lying!!

sixysixss
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks for all the positive input. It's home now!

I'm in Chatsworth. We got the X9 from California Skier. We took it out this morning with Mike for a quick shakedown on Lake Elsinore. It is unbelievable.

Let me ask a question -- we were supposed to have Perfect Pass installed, but they got the wrong system. It already has a Mastercraft Cruise Control, that appears to be pretty similar. We can either have the PP installed when it comes in, or keep the MC Cruise Control and get our cash back. What are the Pros/Cons of one or the other? Thanks

Rob

bigmac
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the positive input. It's home now!

I'm in Chatsworth. We got the X9 from California Skier. We took it out this morning with Mike for a quick shakedown on Lake Elsinore. It is unbelievable.

Let me ask a question -- we were supposed to have Perfect Pass installed, but they got the wrong system. It already has a Mastercraft Cruise Control, that appears to be pretty similar. We can either have the PP installed when it comes in, or keep the MC Cruise Control and get our cash back. What are the Pros/Cons of one or the other? Thanks

Rob
IIUC, MasterCraft Cruise is RPM-hold only. Perfect Pass in Wakeboard Mode will hold an actual speed read from the paddlewheel, OR it can be used in RPM-hold or slalom mode. Personally, I'd have them install the Perfect Pass I paid for.

Wes
05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Just a quick question for you Southern California owners, what is the lake situation around the San Diego area? Any lakes you might recommend?

Thanks

Wes

Sodar
05-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Just a quick question for you Southern California owners, what is the lake situation around the San Diego area? Any lakes you might recommend?

Thanks

Wes

PM at you to avoid a threadjack!