PDA

View Full Version : Question about a 1997 vrs Maristar

kycat2007
05-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a new poster but have read lots of post on this site. You guys are great.
I bought a 1997 Maristar VRS 200 yesterday. The boat is in excelent shape except for a couple of things. First I need to fix a small dime size hole in the swim deck. The previous owner called and got a price of approx $400 for the parts. This is a small hole, can this be patched?

Second is the rear of the boat. The paint is a bit dulled from the sun. It is not bad at all but just curious what you guys use or have used in the past? I have read that rubbing compound and and and orbital buffer would help. Any suggestions?

Third is that the previous owner ordered the boat new. He did not order it with a ski pylon. The L channel with the 2 in hole is in the boat but the pole and the ubolts are not there. Is there a Mastercraft junkyard out there that may carry something like this? Any cheap options for this?

Thanks in advanced for all your help.

Sodar
05-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Hello everyone,
I am a new poster but have read lots of post on this site. You guys are great.
I bought a 1997 Maristar VRS 200 yesterday. The boat is in excelent shape except for a couple of things. First I need to fix a small dime size hole in the swim deck. The previous owner called and got a price of approx $400 for the parts. This is a small hole, can this be patched?

Yes, this can be fixed by a reputable fiberglass shop, or if you feel you want to take it on yourself, you could attempt it... I however would leave it to the pros

Second is the rear of the boat. The paint is a bit dulled from the sun. It is not bad at all but just curious what you guys use or have used in the past? I have read that rubbing compound and and and orbital buffer would help. Any suggestions?

You can go at this problem two ways. The first way would be to star out with wetsanding, working to a compound, glaze and finally wax. This will get you down to new gelcoat and the back of your boat will shine like new. The second way would be to use 303 and basically give it the wet look without polishing or sanding... it is up to you!

Third is that the previous owner ordered the boat new. He did not order it with a ski pylon. The L channel with the 2 in hole is in the boat but the pole and the ubolts are not there. Is there a Mastercraft junkyard out there that may carry something like this? Any cheap options for this?

As for the new ski pole, I have heard people talk about the ability to order one from a dealership online, I do not remember exactly which one, but I remember it being between $200 and $300. I am sure someone will be along to answer this one shortly!

Thanks in advanced for all your help.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the new toy!

kycat2007
05-06-2006, 12:14 AM
When I said the swim platform I meant the sun deck. The hole is in the cover that goes over the engine.

erkoehler
05-06-2006, 12:15 AM
A vinyl repair shop should be able to fix that without a problem ^

Footin
05-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the board! How bout some pictures.....I have always liked the looks of the 200vrs.

kycat2007
05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Here are some of what I have.

erkoehler
05-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Dude, don't make them so big....they take forever to load :uglyhamme

Welcome to the board :)

kycat2007
05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I was lucky to have those saved I will have more in the future

love2fly
05-06-2006, 11:42 PM
I have a 96 200vrs, Also came with out a ski pylon. I bought a second hand one and installed it my self. Where are you located??

kycat2007
05-07-2006, 02:09 AM
I live outside of Louisville , KY. Where did you get yours at?

Thanks
in advance :)