PDA

View Full Version : Cannot stand the wait...

sanjuan23
05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
It is offically 2.5 hours until I take delivery of my "new" Mastercraft. As if I could really concentrate on work at this point....

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Fake an illness. Get out of there man!

Ric
05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
wooohooo!

Not to be a buzzkill, but search this site for the new boat delivery checklist and be sure you don't accept anything that you don't want, just because you are excited...

sanjuan23
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Wouldnt really do any good have to drive down to ennis and pick her up. He wont be there till after 6.

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I think he's about to get a 92 PS 205 if I'm not mistaken. Lemme see if I can dig up the checklist for you.

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Here's what I think Rick is talking about. Note my caveat at the bottom. :)

Checklist (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=43962&postcount=18)

sanjuan23
05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Yup 92 205 Red and White.. I think it (the link) is buried in a thread somewhere.

Footin
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Rod said this awhile back, but I thought it was pretty funny:

Tell the boss you "sharted" and you have to go home for fresh underwear. He won't question you.

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I can't find that other list of stuff to look at. When Eric first posted on this board, he was looking for a boat. This is what I told him.

The best advice I can offer about buying boats is to go out and drive it/ski behind it. If the owner gives you any problems with doing this, walk away. Don't just drive it for 10 minutes, glance at the wake, and put it on the trailer. Spend some time out there. Run it hard. Take it to wide-open-throttle and check the speed, rpms, temperature readings. Shut it down and let it heat soak, then restart. Check the temp again. Is there water in the bilge? How are the engine mounts (if they spin, it's bad). Rust on the engine? Records on the boat? How's the vinyl? How's the gelcoat? Spider cracks are bad. Does the fuel guage work? Is the wake flat and soft? Is there a rooster tail? Is the prop dinged up? Is the shaft/strut straight? How does it steer at slow/high speeds.

If this is the 285 hp 205, definitely take one of these long test drives, run it hard, and shut it down. Check the idle afterwards.

sanjuan23
05-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the help we did an extended test drive last week. Did a lot of running, shifting, shutting down, check vibrations, looked over everything, has all the original records, checked the mounts, looked through the bilge after running. My brother in law gave me as much as he could on what to look for, he has owned three MC's. She just really needed a good cleaning, waxing, etc. Then its off to changing the impeller, oil, tranny fluid, etc. Then as Capt. Ron puts it... "If somethings gonna happen it'll happen out there..." Thanks again for the help.

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Just keep an eye on that 4010 Holley Carb.