PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Installation

Jimperry
05-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing a Perfect Pass and installing it myself on a 2000 PS 190. I have no idea how difficult it might be. What would you consider the hardest part to be? Should I attempt this or go to a dealer? I would appreciate any comments from those with experience. Thanks, jp

tall_ andy
05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
If I did it you can!! The hardest part is drilling a hole in your boat. Not physcially hard, but mentally its super tough.
Just make sure you drill in reverse, it prevents cracking of the gelcoat

You will be very happy with PP. AKA Marrige Saver

H20skeefreek
05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
not a single thing difficult about it, especially if you go with an rpm only version with no paddle wheel. I second the "marriage saver" comment. I can only ***** about her driving in a straight line, which I shouldn't even be able to tell if i'm paying attention to my skiing.

RackAtak
05-04-2006, 11:25 PM
If I did it you can!! The hardest part is drilling a hole in your boat. Not physcially hard, but mentally its super tough.
Just make sure you drill in reverse, it prevents cracking of the gelcoat

You will be very happy with PP. AKA Marrige Saver
I agree 100%. I had very little mechanical skills and I installed mine in about 2 hours start to finish. The hardest part besides the hole was removing the dash and installing the gauge. My install was on a 2001 Prostar. When accessing the gauges, remove all the instrument panel dealies and put the steering wheel in the lowest position and lift the instrument cluster as high as you can from the bottom. I had a little trouble with the throttle linkage and positioning it in the right place, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Leroy
05-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Jim; Like Andy said the hole is the hardest and you need to read how to do it carefully. Attaching the servo can be tricky and the rest should be just connect it up, but it never turns out that easy for me! Many people have done it on here.

kpickett
05-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I just did it a couple weeks ago. Really the hardest part is running the cables from the bilge to the dash. You need some sort of snake. I used a long coaxial cable.

The hole cutting isn't a real big deal. I did buy a new hole saw to do it, to make sure it was really sharp. It goes really fast once you get started.

It is also a little tricky mounting the servo unit - just finding the location where it works smoothly but doesn't hang up on the engine box.

I highly recommend buying PP from Skier-to-skier. It was a good price, and I called Max a couple of times with questions. He was really helpful. I just put in an order for course magnets from him.

rodltg2
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
i bought some course mags from him as well, they work great