PDA

View Full Version : Some information about powerslot?

blue777
10-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Let know if somedy has any information about the powerslot.

It can be removed?

JimN
10-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Why would you remove it? Is there a problem with it?

H20skeefreek
10-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Let know if somedy has any information about the powerslot.

It can be removed?

well, he's a nice guy with some valuable experience and information...........oh you mean the tranny. It's the best!!! In the 80's MC expected less than 1/2 of the boats to be ordered with them, but almost 90% were. (I wish i could find the article i read that in). Unless you want SLOWER starts, i don't know you'd not want it. Now on a newer boat is it and expensive option that isn't as necessary with more power.

ski_king
10-05-2004, 08:55 AM
well, he's a nice guy with some valuable experience and information...........oh you mean the tranny.
Funny........ :)

First of all, Welcome to the site! I think you are the first from Chile, if not all of South America. I guess it is just becoming water ski season down there.

I agree, no reason to remove the powerslot transmission. There are a lot of other parts that would be required to switch to the 1:1 drive such as a new shaft, packing gland, etc.
If there is a problem with the transmission, it can be repaired. On another recent thread there was a link to a repair shop in Ohio that rebuilds this type of transmission.

I was looking thru some old waterski magazines recently and ran across a comparrasion test back in the early 80's. They were pulling 4 skiers out of the water on one ski and timing to 30 mph (not sure of exact speed). Most all the 1:1 drive boats were doing this in the 14 second range, the powerslot was doing it in mid 11's.