PDA

View Full Version : OUCH! Help Me Out Guys!!

Sodar
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I got my first scratch on my boat last weekend and unfortunately it HAD to be in the decal! I am trying to hunt down replacement decals... with no luck! I have tried calling MC,no luck! Jim@BAWS does not have any in my color. So, now I am thinking of trying to have EXACT replicas made.

Has anyone every attempted to have this done?

Is it possible to make EXACT replicas?

Does anyone know of a REPUTABLE place to do this for me?

Does anyone have any other ideas of how I can find replacements?

This whole thing is killing me. I do not even want to use the boat until it is fixed!!

Note: The whole thing was caused by a 32' Wellcraft, cruising through a no wake zone at 12-15 mph, causing huge rollers while I was hanging out next to my friend's boat. His boat just about sank, with about ankle- shin deep water in it and my boat suffered these scratches from the screw heads in my friend's stainless-steel rubrail. Needless to say we yelled, screamed and used vulgar hang gestures at the guy, but it did not phase him.

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 02:29 PM
If Jim didn't have 'em, call Lex at Rambo. Got nearly a full set for mine last year from them.

Hate it for you.

Yes, you can have them made. Take digital pictures of your graphics and take dimensions.

Sodar
05-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Do you have the number to Rambo?

I hope I can have the luck you did. Your decals are white though as I remember, so they are probably a little easier to come by. Wish me luck!

atomicdawg
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Do you have the number to Rambo?

I hope I can have the luck you did. Your decals are white though as I remember, so they are probably a little easier to come by. Wish me luck!

http://www.rambomarine.com/

jraben8
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM
(256) 828 - 3590

rodltg2
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
heres whta you need to do, go down to the stationary store, buy a green sharpie and color it in!! :D

its probably the first of many, wait till the end of the year and then replace them..

Sodar
05-04-2006, 05:17 PM
heres whta you need to do, go down to the stationary store, buy a green sharpie and color it in!! :D

its probably the first of many, wait till the end of the year and then replace them..

Rod, you are amazing! You think just like a lady! When it happened my lady friend said "Can't you just get some paint and touch it up!?!?!?"

As for waiting until the end of the season, because it is the first of many, it is not. I have had the boat for 4 seasons now and I have never had a scratch... I NEED this fixed!!! HA HA

x-starmcx
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I am almost positive MasterCraft UK parts devision has a set in stock.

Give them a call or contact Carl in parts @ mastercraft.co.uk

rodltg2
05-04-2006, 07:00 PM
if you used your boat for skiing and not tieing up while you inflate your tubes , you wouldnt have that problem.. :D :D

Sodar
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
if you used your boat for skiing and not tieing up while you inflate your tubes , you wouldnt have that problem.. :D :D
Good One!! I can honestly say that a tube has never touched my boat, we always save the tubing for my friend's 'bu! :D :D

rodltg2
05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
really, we tube all the time out at the ski lake. im running shortline tube this year!

mbeach
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
the touchup is not a bad idea, at least for a temp fix. instead of a sharpie, i would go to a hobby store and get enamel in a close color. may not be a perfect match, but closer than white if you catch my drift.

dichdoc
05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I've had good luck with Scott at Stellar signs he's got MC decals for sale on Ebay I also have his email if you want it. I believe he is out of Arizona. Travis

Cloaked
05-04-2006, 08:38 PM
That small scratch does nothing to the performance ( :cool: ) and gives the boat a bit of character.

Don't sweat the small stuff... Enjoy the machine.... :) :)

Sodar
05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
That small scratch does nothing to the performance ( :cool: ) and gives the boat a bit of character.

I look at it in a very different light. When I cruise up to a boat and see a scratch, ding or crack, I immediately think neglect and lack of boat handling skills, which is why I want this blemish gone!

I called Lex @ Rambo today, but did not realize the time difference, hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. Good thing I am too busy to use the boat right now with finals and graduation, or else I would be hating life! My goal is to have this fixed by the time school is out and it is time to start playing hard!!

Britt
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Just about every town has a Fast Signs Inc. They can make exact vinyl replicas for you.

Sodar
05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Just about every town has a Fast Signs Inc. They can make exact vinyl replicas for you.

Dead On Britt! There is one 6 miles from my house. If Lex does not have them, I am gunna head over and get some made. Thanks Buddy!!

Britt
05-05-2006, 12:33 AM
no problem. I have summoned there expertise many times...

TMCNo1
05-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Dead On Britt! There is one 6 miles from my house. If Lex does not have them, I am gunna head over and get some made. Thanks Buddy!!

If you have some made, go ahead and have a couple extra made for the future if you would need them. If you ever sell the boat and you have extra decals, that will be a good selling point too, for the potential new owner!

TMCNo1
05-05-2006, 10:41 AM
FYI.......................

If anyone ever buys or orders a NEW boat, always order a COMPLETE [every decal] set or 2 of the boats decals while they are new and available. You will then have the exact replacement decals and you won't have to try and find replacements that by then may not exist or if you to have replacements made that may not be the exact color. Plus you will have a decal, if you do have to make a replacement, then the sign shop will have a exact copy to work from, in size, and colors.

Footin
05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Last year I needed the large side MC sticker for my 94 boat. My dealer contacted MC and told me "they have 2 in stock", needless to say I bought both just in case I need the other one someday.

Sodar
05-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Rambo had them! They had 3 left! I am so excited. Thanks for the help guys!!

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Great job. Hope you bought all 3.

Sodar
05-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Heck yeah, ordered all three. I just realized I should see if they have a whole set, so I just left a message with him to check into that..

bcampbe7
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Scooter Rambo and his bunch are good people.
He has a sweet private lake behind his house and holds clinics and demo days quite often.

Leroy
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm with you Sporty!

Sodar
05-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm with you Sporty!

I am with you guys too...

Now that I have it fixed!!!!

TonyB
05-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Scooter Rambo and his bunch are good people.
He has a sweet private lake behind his house and holds clinics and demo days quite often.

I visited them yesterday. Bought an O'Neill Outlaw vest while on my lunch "hour and a half". "Lex in Parts" is Lex Pearson.

Yah. Good People.