PDA

View Full Version : Use #207 for Used 6" PVC Pipe

Bruce Carr
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
My boy I recently finished a little father/son project for "his" new wakeboard boat. He didn't like the rectangular tower speaker enclosures (they were rather ugly) so we made a set from some old 6" PVC pipe laying around at the barn. We closed the ends with plywood and with judicial application of bondo and paint, the results look promising. Next project is the 12" sub box and mounting the three amps to drive all this stuff. This electronic stuff in a boat is quite a departure for me, my ski boat does not even have a radio!

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 01:19 PM
That looks really good, Bruce. Nice work!

rodltg2
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
looks good, how did you get the speaker mounted to the pvc. i tried a simalar project and couldnt get the speaker to mount well to the pvc. so i just bought some instead..

Bruce Carr
05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
It might have been dumb luck but the Sony speakers (came with the boat) were exactly the correct diameter at the mounting flange for the pvc pipe. I just pilot drilled into the end of the pipe wall and mounted the spaekers with four screws.

Cary K.
05-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Speaker cans look really good, however that looks like an inferior tower....J/K !!!

zberger
05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
what kind of boat does he have??

and who fills the gas tank ;)

Cloaked
05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Very nice job indeed! :headbang:

Bruce Carr
05-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh, you noticed that was a closeup of the tower only............. there is a reason for that! Don't worry, I still own a Mastercraft or two.

Who fills the gas tank and drives etc; that would be me, but it is a small price to pay to keep a teenager engaged with the family and heathly (hopefully life long) activities.

zberger
05-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh, you noticed that was a closeup of the tower only............. there is a reason for that! Don't worry, I still own a Mastercraft or two.

Who fills the gas tank and drives etc; that would be me, but it is a small price to pay to keep a teenager engaged with the family and heathly (hopefully life long) activities.

I agree.. I wish my parents would get a boat and a lake house.. Tho lakefront property is at a premium here in old Nebraska.. :(

kalanic
05-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Looks sweet! Many on here can help you with your install of amps & wiring if ya need!