PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion from a classic three event "closed bower"

pflcjl
10-04-2004, 10:45 PM
I realize that times are changing and my next and 5th mastercraft may very well be a 197 open bow as they are becoming the norm. However I have a suggestion for the company to offer, as an option, a hard shell tonneau cover for the open bow area. The cover could be removable with snaps or similar attachment. This would make the boat look like a closed bow for folks that use the open bow are seldomly. It could also be color coded to the boat and have some sort of MC logo across the top.

What do you think?

Can you pass this product suggestion on to Mr. Dorton. Thanks...

georgea0731
10-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I have an X7 and was thinking about having someone custom make a fiberglass cover to go on the front. I figured it could be hooked to the hand rails somehow. Trunk Companies make bed covers that match so why can't a boat company?
I know it would be expensive, but I'd really like to have the 190 look 75% of the time and the old bow once in awhile.
MC finally made a great ski boat with an open bow, now they can go the next step and make it the best of both worlds in looks too.
Thanks for the suggestion!

André
10-05-2004, 08:03 AM
I remember seeing something like that in an old Waterski mag.It was at the early age of open bow and i don't remember the company who did this.I'm leaning toward Malibu but not sure...I'll check my old magazine!

H20skeefreek
10-05-2004, 08:30 AM
I realize that times are changing and my next and 5th mastercraft may very well be a 197 open bow as they are becoming the norm. However I have a suggestion for the company to offer, as an option, a hard shell tonneau cover for the open bow area. The cover could be removable with snaps or similar attachment. This would make the boat look like a closed bow for folks that use the open bow are seldomly. It could also be color coded to the boat and have some sort of MC logo across the top.

What do you think?

Can you pass this product suggestion on to Mr. Dorton. Thanks...

the problem is that when you want to use the bow, the cover has to go somewhere. That's the problem i ran into when i had a Hard Tonneau cover on my old pickup. It looked great, but 1. it took 2 people and 20 minutes to remove (on the boat this wouldn't be as much of a problem, as you'd have someone with you if you wanted to take it off, and it'd be much smaller and 2. you have to store it somewhere.

Everytime i took mine off, it ended up with some kind of scratch in the paint or the fiberglass. But mine would have an available vinyl storage bag!

But, now that I'm thinking about making these to sell them, ignore all of that!

ski_king
10-05-2004, 10:34 AM
I was looking at the new 2005 boats on the website and to me, the deck of the 190 looks too plain.
In my opinion, it needs something to make it look distintive. The 80's stars and stripes had that scoop on the raised portion of the deck which made the boat distintive. That scoop was functional as well, provideing a positive ventelation to the bilge and engine compartment. The 2005 190, dosen't have a vent on the bow that I can see. As a matter of fact the only boats I can see a vent for air intake is the 205V/X2. Where do all the others get the air intake for the bilge? Am I missing something?