PDA

View Full Version : radio question...

atomicdawg
05-04-2006, 11:20 AM
i have a 93 prostar and the factory radio cover is broken. does anyone know where to get a cover to replace the original? i found one at overtons, but wanted to make sure it would fit before i bought it.

zberger
05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
You could probably check with Jim@BAWS or MYMC.. They might be able to get you an OEM one.

River Rat
05-04-2006, 01:34 PM
No no no :( a radio is what you find in a 53 fordÖ.. when itís in an MC itís a Stereo ;)

zberger
05-04-2006, 01:40 PM
True statement.. :D :D :D :D

Thrall
05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
dawg,
I just replaced the STEREO cover in my 96 w/ one from Overtons. It was the fancy high fallutin one that has the mechanized face plate. For the most part it fit, but I did have to grind the sides of the opening a bit where the spring assemblies are on the cover plate.
If I had used the non mechanized one it would slide right in.

atomicdawg
05-05-2006, 10:28 AM
dawg,
I just replaced the STEREO cover in my 96 w/ one from Overtons. It was the fancy high fallutin one that has the mechanized face plate. For the most part it fit, but I did have to grind the sides of the opening a bit where the spring assemblies are on the cover plate.
If I had used the non mechanized one it would slide right in.

thanks for the info thrall. i emailed jim@baws and he said the he could get me a similar after market cover for 35 dollars. (mastercraft no longer supplies that part). i will probably change it when i replace the stereo, it still has the factory kenwood cassette player. and if anyone has a suggestion on marine cd players...sony, kenwood, clarion....i am all ears.

rasmithaz
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Call Lex at Rambo Marine. I bought the factory 93 Prostar STEREO cover assembly from him. He has tons of hard to get stuff in boxes in the back. I have had real good luck with him.

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Save the little outer edge plastic pieces from the old one (or one of them). That is a part that tends to break and it's good to have a spare on hand.