PDA

View Full Version : Life is good!

6ballsisall
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
16 hours on the boat already this season! Starting the year out with a bang! 5 days of skiing so far this season. :dance:

east tx skier
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm dragging. We started the second weekend in March and burned about 30 gallons on the river. Only been out once since then. Hit the local course and my dogs were barking after two sets. Hoping to get out this weekend.

Datdude
05-03-2006, 10:52 PM
You Suck........ :D

Just kidding. My boat is still at the dealer getting prepped. Luckily I have been busy at work to keep my mind off of it. Today would have been a great day with temps in the upper 60's and sunny

6ballsisall
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh!! Heres the kicker..... all those 16 hours are on 1 tank of gas!!! :headbang: 9 of those hours are all at idle, I think it didn't burn hardly anything there! I still have a 1/4 tank left, but I'll probably fill it up before going out tommorrow night.

Hoosier Bob
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
14 of those were on the ole garden hose and the other two were spent checking for vibration! That hardly counts Jeff! :D 16 hours on the boat already this season! Starting the year out with a bang! 5 days of skiing so far this season. :dance:

erkoehler
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I've done pretty well so far this year, and will add another couple hours this weekend :)

6ballsisall
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM
14 of those were on the ole garden hose and the other two were spent checking for vibration! That hardly counts Jeff! :D

Actually I haven't worked to hard at diagnosing that and I avoid the fake a lake at all costs. This weekend I plan to tear apart the boat and check the coupler tolerances.

ntidsl
05-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Skied probably 20 times so far this year...20-30 hours on the boat...still havent been on public water though! You still coming today jrandol? Lake looks great right now!

mitch
05-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Actually I haven't worked to hard at diagnosing that and I avoid the fake a lake at all costs. This weekend I plan to tear apart the boat and check the coupler tolerances.

I'm jealous!....but I changed my tranny fluid in the MC last nite and replaced a hose on my pontoon boat's 50HP OB, that's sorta like skiing :o Why do you avoid the fake-a-lake?

6ballsisall
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Skied probably 20 times so far this year...20-30 hours on the boat...still havent been on public water though! You still coming today jrandol? Lake looks great right now!

I sure am and looking forward to it!! See you at 2!! :worthy:

atlfootr
05-04-2006, 11:00 AM
I've done pretty well so far this year, and will add another couple hours this weekend :)Went out yesterday morn'n 'til noon ... water was way to good to pass up.
Needed a break from all the "DEMO" work go'n on around the house.
Thought about you guy's up North, still freez'n your a**'s off 8p

erkoehler
05-04-2006, 11:04 AM
HEY! the water up here isn't that bad anymore. I am no longer in my drysuit, and probably don't even need the heater shirt.

atlfootr
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
HEY! the water up here isn't that bad anymore. I am no longer in my drysuit, and probably don't even need the heater shirt.Yea, but you ain't got the gators like we do ....

pkskier
05-04-2006, 11:25 AM
We started skiing on a regular basis in March and have already put 12 hours on the boat this season, just hope it keeps up.

hacker
05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
HEY! the water up here isn't that bad anymore. I am no longer in my drysuit, and probably don't even need the heater shirt.

Our (north of the Mason Dixon Line) not too "bad" water is almost as good as their (central FL) wintertime water temps. They are in full blown summer now. For the record I'm still in a drysuit (58deg water). Skied 4 days this week!

ntidsl
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Our lake in cincinnati ranges from 68-70degrees during the afternoon so in just a swin suit now...ditched the shorty weeks ago...and no gator!

wakesport
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
We got our second morning in a row in before school today but it was a little cool at 48 F air and 58 F water at 6 am. Been out since April 14.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
You rule JR!!! :headbang: Glad your out on the water!!! :)

Harvey
05-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I have put 30+ hours on the new boat since I got her in late Feb. And I only ride two days a week at best right now. Water is in the upper 70s and the air is over 80 most days. I put the drysuit up back in early March.

Hoosier Bob
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM
No offense Jeff but my boat felt a little rough compared to the Accord I have been driving! I think we just need to ski and the mothballs will go away! Yesterday was a great day! Today sucked! I have been tearing apart the ole home theater system and trying to synchronize my amps! I would rather work on the boat! :D Actually I haven't worked to hard at diagnosing that and I avoid the fake a lake at all costs. This weekend I plan to tear apart the boat and check the coupler tolerances.

6ballsisall
05-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Our lake in cincinnati ranges from 68-70degrees during the afternoon so in just a swin suit now...ditched the shorty weeks ago...and no gator!

And it is a sweet setup at that!! Thanks a bunch for the pulls today nt!!! You have an awesome lake and your boat is the shiznit!!! :headbang:

Hope to ski again soon someday either my place or yours!! :cool:

6ballsisall
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Update: now have 19 hours :D Did a little skiing, mostly pulling others and managed to barefoot on the boom for a short while. Thank god for the barefoot suit, otherwise I think I'd be drinking my food out of the straw for a while. :rolleyes: Note to self, when you barefoot on one foot GENTLY set the foot back down on the water, don't stamp it down :eek3:

atlfootr
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Update: Note to self, when you barefoot on one foot GENTLY set the foot back down on the water, don't stamp it down :eek3:Guess no one on board took video?

6ballsisall
05-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Guess no one on board took video?

I wish they had! I guess when I dropped my foot back down I basically hurled my body straight up into the air and didn't let go of the boom right away. I got air, the boom got air and I did a perfect belly flop at 36 mph. It actually didn't hurt all the bad except on my left arm. My left arm was completely numb for about 15 minutes, I mean I couldn't feel anything! What was even more wierd is you could see my bicep pulsating like it had a muscle spasm but I couldn't feel a thing. Good times! :D

ak_coldplay
05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey, You guys are all pretty lucky. Lakes are frozen all the way to the edge up here in Alaska!! I flew to Seattle in October and bought an 05 X2, barged it up to Anchorage and stuffed it in the back of storage shed. I managed to get it out and install two JL six channel amps, one JL sub amp for two JL subs and four JL tower speakers that I found on ebay for dirt cheap. I got it to the first car show behind my escalade and it was a big hit with the locals. It wasn't easy explaining to the boys up here why I had a boat that you can't take fishing up the rivers. I'd like to post some pictures but I'm not sure how. Can anyone give me a clue??

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
You can email them to me at erickoehler8@hotmail.com and I will post them.

ak_coldplay
05-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks they are on there way.

ntidsl
05-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Dude...Jeff...there is no way your wipe out was as bad as mine...about 10:30 I heard a very strange niose in my head and about a half a cup of lake water drained from my left sinus...

I wish I would have had more time yesterday Jeff...I appologize...it was good to meet you though...and ski...I'm gonna try not to ski today but you know how close I am to the lake...uggg...the alternative sucks though I guess...

We'll get together at horseshoe for sure some day!!!

As far as the wipe out for those not there yesterday...coming off of 2, which I was so early for so I had too much time to think, I bent my knees a little too much and found myself coming into the second wake weird and lost it out front...I know I did at leat 4 flips a landing just outside of 3 ball...my ski was inside the boat course still...uggg...

Leroy
05-05-2006, 08:11 AM
AK_Coldplay; That is a great story! In the FAQ there is a link you will quickly see on how to post pictures. Basically you resize the pixels to be less than ~650 on the longest side of the picture and then attach with MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button below. Start your own thread when you do as I'm sure the pix will be great!

Hey, You guys are all pretty lucky. Lakes are frozen all the way to the edge up here in Alaska!! I flew to Seattle in October and bought an 05 X2, barged it up to Anchorage and stuffed it in the back of storage shed. I managed to get it out and install two JL six channel amps, one JL sub amp for two JL subs and four JL tower speakers that I found on ebay for dirt cheap. I got it to the first car show behind my escalade and it was a big hit with the locals. It wasn't easy explaining to the boys up here why I had a boat that you can't take fishing up the rivers. I'd like to post some pictures but I'm not sure how. Can anyone give me a clue??

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Here is his boat....

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Another one...

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
:toast: :toast:

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
:steering: :steering:

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Interior.......

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:54 AM
amps........

erkoehler
05-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Tow vehicle.......

pq2
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
:steering: :steering:

do they came included in the boat????? :D

6ballsisall
05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Umm.... more pics of the women please! Was there a boat in that picture? I couldn't tell! :D :love:

6ballsisall
05-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Dude...Jeff...there is no way your wipe out was as bad as mine...about 10:30 I heard a very strange niose in my head and about a half a cup of lake water drained from my left sinus...

I wish I would have had more time yesterday Jeff...I appologize...it was good to meet you though...and ski...I'm gonna try not to ski today but you know how close I am to the lake...uggg...the alternative sucks though I guess...

We'll get together at horseshoe for sure some day!!!

You are probably right! Mine just stung a little, sounds like your fall left some side effects :eek: I wish I could have seen the fall. I just remember glancing in the mirror as I was driving and seeing a big ball of water and less tension on the rope. Hope you are ok!

No need to apologize, I had a heckuva good time!! I kind of enjoy those 1 hour boat sessions and you have the ideal setup to do that!.

I am game for horseshoe, just sent in payment today for it. Need to buy some new balls for the course, ours are getting a little crumby. We'll have to get together again soon and ski!

ntidsl
05-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I'll be fine...my head is just full of water...getting ready to hook the boat up now as a matter of a fact...I like the one hour ski sessions too but its even better to have a one hour ski session and one hour drinkin session after the skis are put away... :toast:

ntidsl
05-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I got boxes of course balls man!!!! I'll send you guys some!

6ballsisall
05-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll be fine...my head is just full of water...getting ready to hook the boat up now as a matter of a fact...I like the one hour ski sessions too but its even better to have a one hour ski session and one hour drinkin session after the skis are put away... :toast:

That last sentence deserves a big TRU DAT!!!!