PDA

View Full Version : Costco car buying service

furevo
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I could use a little advice here. We are ready to buy a new BMW and I really don't feel like playing all of the car buying games. I know which options I want & don't need a salesman - just want to feel I'm paying a fair price & not "leaving anything on the table" during negotiations.

Has anyone used the Costco car buying service? Any other options?
thanks

G-man
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I have bought through the dealers website online 2 cars and 2 cars through the fleet manager, walk in and ask for the fleet manager and I think you will cut though the bull****

east tx skier
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Or just call and ask to speak to the fleet manager. Do all your negotiating over the phone or on the net (or via fax). Best case scenario for you, you've got everything signed and sealed before you get to the dealership for delivery.

jraben8
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM
We just went through the Internet manager for my last 2 purchases. You walk in, tell them what you want, they give you a price and you take it or leave it. 2 of the most pleasant buying experiences I have ever had.

I have had Hallmark purchases that were more painful than those 2.

Datdude
05-03-2006, 06:01 PM
I could use a little advice here. We are ready to buy a new BMW and I really don't feel like playing all of the car buying games. I know which options I want & don't need a salesman - just want to feel I'm paying a fair price & not "leaving anything on the table" during negotiations.

Has anyone used the Costco car buying service? Any other options?
thanks

Which BMW are you looking at? My dad is surprising my mom with a new 650 convertible this weekend. Her 2001 330 convertible has been a great car. My dad bought this car over the phone and fax and never set foot in the dealership. They even delivered the car 100 miles for him at no charge. What a sweet car.......I can not wait to drive it! Good luck in your car search

maristarman
05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
You should try out carsdirect.com.

I know multiple people that went through them because they beat anything the dealers were offering.

betsy&david Harrison
05-03-2006, 07:25 PM
We baught our truck using the Costco program and didn't have a single problem. Best car buying experience we have had yet. B

:)

furevo
05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
We baught our truck using the Costco program and didn't have a single problem. Best car buying experience we have had yet. B

:)
thanks Betsy -

that's the one I wanted to hear! The car (325i) is actually for my 76 year old mother. So I'd like this to be as painless as possible. (isn't car buying supposed to be fun?)

thanks for everyone's input.
- Tom