PDA

View Full Version : skylon attachment ...

atlfootr
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
skylon attachment ... I need some kind of clamp system that will allow me to use both the skylon
and barefoot boom at the same time, w/o having to remove one to use the other

Any ideas?

mark g
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
is your boom a cranked boom or the straight one, mine is cranked the clamp sits at just the right height for the boom and the pole sits on top of the boom clamp.

atlfootr
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Forgot to mention, I have a straight boom w/ an ECI quick release clamp.

mark g
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
sorry i dont think you can buy of the shelf attachment for it think you might have to fabricate something up, a friend of mine had same problem, hence me getting the contour boom and height adjuster, dont think it would be to difficult to have something made,
sorry i couldnt help out more.

Ramhouse
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Let me know what the attachment needs to be like. I am retired and I fab protype parts all the time. I can figure something out if you can show me how the boom attaches to the standard ski pylon. Pictures will help a lot. I'm in So. CAl if you are near.
Richard

captain planet
05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
If your skylon is just sitting on top of the pylon, you DEFINATELY do not want to attach a boom to it! :eek: That boom would force the skylon right off the top of the pylon and I would hate to think of what would happen if that were to occur. I used my friends ECI boom when I first got my boat and the quick release clamp wasn't tight enough. The first person went footin' off the boom and the clamp flew up and got stopped by the sticker that is on the pylon. (yes you read that right, the sticker stopped it) The only thing left to stop the thing from going off the top of the pylon was the flare at the top of the pylon. I consider it one of the luckiest events I have seen. Anyway, I don't think you want to attach the boom to the skylon, at least after witnessing the up force put on a boom, I wouldn't want to attach one to it.

Consequently, when I decided to get my own boom, I made sure that I got one with a bolt on bracket to the pylon.

atlfootr
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Let me know what the attachment needs to be like.
I can figure something out if you can show me how the boom attaches to the standard ski pylon. Pictures will help a lot. Here it is ... was thinking a clamp a little larger, over the skylon may work well.

AirJunky
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Like CP said, any downward pressure by the skier/footer would force the Skylon up off the pylon & cause havoc. You want to get one of the bent booms that clamp on to the pylon down near the floor. Then slide the Skylon down over the top of that.

rodltg2
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
barefoot int. used to make a clamp like this, i dont know if they still do...

T Scott
05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Rob,
B.I. makes a boom adjuster (see below, second row, right side) You can out your boom clamp almost on the floor and add this attachment to have your boom mount a bit higher. Would work a llittle like Rod has illustrated above.

Tom

atlfootr
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Rob,
B.I. makes a boom adjuster (see below, second row, right side) You can out your boom clamp almost on the floor and add this attachment to have your boom mount a bit higher. Would work a llittle like Rod has illustrated above.TomI use to have one of those, but it was always a major pain to adjust, the quick release works like a breeze.

rodltg2
05-03-2006, 09:38 PM
then you got 3 choices
1) take the pole off everytime
2) use the BI
3) get a special clamp fabbed..

i would choose #2

atlfootr
05-04-2006, 10:17 AM
then you got 3 choices :

take the pole off everytime

use the BI

get a special clamp fabbed

.. i would choose #2 It'll be either 2 or 3.

tachyon
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I had the same issue on my Prostar 205, so I designed a boom mount...next thing I knew I had friends asking for them, so I fabbed more...and more...and more. I still have a couple left that I would like to get rid of. Send me an IM if you're interested or visit my website in my signature to see some photos.

http://www.tachyonmotorsports.com/images/Product_Sale_Images/wakeboard_boom3.JPG

It works great, and it is very stout (I'm a mechanical engineer...so I put some thought into the strength portion of it!).

Good luck & let me know if you find anything else that works!

http://www.tachyonmotorsports.com/images/Watersports/SDBM/Ring%20and%20Finger%20Skylon.jpg

tachyon
03-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Still have 2 left if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Hollywood
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
The tachyon works. For atlfooter's use, I would orient the tachyon forward of the pylon like the ring/finger picture and use it for the skylon, with the boom clamp on the pylon itself. Footers aren't yanking the skylon side to side like the wakeboarders do.