PDA

View Full Version : Help with sub?????

prostar205
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I am to the point of installing my sub (Kicker S12L5 dual voice coil). I made my sub box and installed the S12L5 in it last night and wired it up. When I went to hook it up to my KX600.1 there is nothing coming from the sub. I verified the amp is getting power. I tried to measure the AC voltage across the sub woofer RCAs and got nothing. I verified that I have the sub turned on thru the head unit (DEP-P860MP).

What next?

Can you lend any advice?

kalanic
05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I know this is a stupid question but is all wiring connected? Including on the sub itself from the connectors to the cones?

projectely4
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
yeah most likely there is a bad connection somewhere in the wires. make sure the conection at the sub and the amp including RCA's have a good connection

zberger
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I am willing to bet I know the answer to this question..

The subwoofer is not turned on within the decks menu system. For some silly reason, Pioneer ships decks with this turned off.

This of course is assuming you have the RCA's for the sub amp connected to the SUB preouts on the back of the deck.

While I cannot tell you how to get there within the menu's, your manual should be able to.

:headbang:

prostar205
05-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Fixed it. It turned out that the cross over point was set too low and the gain was turn all the way down.

Man, that thing really pounds the boat. I can't wait to get everything dialed in.

zberger - you were correct. The sub was turned off originally but I turned it on prior to starting this threa. Pioneer Premier desk sure have alot of adjustments.

Diesel
05-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Pioneer Premier desk sure have alot of adjustments.

Yes it does!! :headbang:

Give it some time. It took me to the middle of last season to get mine all dialed in. Make sure you remember your settings in case you loose power or someone accidentally makes a few wrong moves while trying to turn up the volume.

zberger
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I wish you could offload the settings to a flash drive or something.. in the boat I did a stereo in we used a Kenwood deck.. not my first choice, BUT it works very well, and has alot of features I/my buddy were looking for. Picked up a kenwood amp brand new at the same time along with the deck, and 4 Polk/MOMO speakers. they are OEM in Correct Craft boats and are marine rated. they sound VERY good. We run a single 12" Image Dynamics IDQ in a sealed box, about 1.2 cubes under the back seat, with an Orion XTR 400 on it. This setup is not in an MC tho, sadly.. its in a 1992 Celebrity 18 footer. We have close to 100 feet of 4 gauge wire in the boat, along with about 70 feet of speaker wire to wire up both amps, which are placed up front under the foot wells under the windshield, I'll have to post some pics up sometime.

I tell you what, its impressed ALOT more people than I thought it would.. :)

But occasionally the radio loses its settings.. (i think I need to make sure the boats wiring is correct.. it had an OLD shaft style.. I might just need to run new wiring straight to the battery with a switch or something. )

At any rate, the gain was my 2nd guess :) Have fun with the stereo, kicker makes awesome stuff.. the L series woofers are outstanding products, that really perform.

I tell you what, its impressed ALOT more people than it would..