PDA

View Full Version : good intermediate board

ebayseller1987
05-03-2006, 03:10 AM
i need to purchase a good int. board. been wakeboarding for about 2 years and have been developing my skills. any suggestions for a board with good pop and medium stability. i weigh 180 6 ft. and bindings too. lookin to spend under 350$. model year doesn't matter.

thanks

kalanic
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Try a 2005 model Hyperlite Murray 143. Great board with rooms to excel in your skills. The board has great pop off the wake & nice rockers for easy landings.IMO.

mcprostar197
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
The Murray is a pro model, thus it is built for pretty advanced riders who know how to kill it out on the water. By no means, however, is it a bad board. I dont know how good you are, but for an intermediate rider, I would say go with the Hyperlite State. I have last years model and its a really stable board and has decent pop. I don't remember how much it costs, but I would definitely recommend it for any intermediate rider looking to advance their skills a little more.

kalanic
05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I learned on a State about 3 years ago. Grew out of it fairly quick. Dont get me wrong, its a great board, but moving to a pro model gave me more diversity to excel. I have found it much easy to swith from goofy to regular or visa versa. Transition from wake to wake is much easier with more control & landings are way smoother.IMO

mcprostar197
05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Word. I've never ridden a pro model, so I dont know what it feels like. One thing to do would be to go to a good shop (I.E. NOT Gart Sports or Galyan's) and ask them what board they think you should be on for your skill level. Another thing you could do is email Hyperlite or Liquid Force or whoever you want a board from and ask the guys who work for the company what board you should be on.

kalanic
05-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Alot of my local shops will let you demo a board for a small fee or sometimes for free if you show alot of intrest in purchase of a new. Its hard to tell someone what board will exactly be best for them, only suggest. Good Luck Man!