PDA

View Full Version : Transporting a foil

Tom023
05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
For those of you who trailer your boat and also have a foil, what is the best way to transport the foil? The thing is so big it doesn't fit in the tow vehicle easily assembled, and I would think breaking it down would be a PITA. Is it best to strap it down in the boat? Strap it to the top of the car?

tex
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I break mine down. It takes under a minute.

Tom023
05-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Maybe because mine is new it's just tight, but I had a heck of time getting the foil into the skyski and the bolt through it. It has a rubber seal around the board too that sticks, maybe I could put some binding slime on it.

bigmac
05-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe because mine is new it's just tight, but I had a heck of time getting the foil into the skyski and the bolt through it. It has a rubber seal around the board too that sticks, maybe I could put some binding slime on it.Binding slime is just soap and water soluble. I'd recommend some silicone spray, or better yet some food-grade silicone grease.

WakeSeeky
05-03-2006, 11:39 AM
We now have a cover, so the foil rides in the back of the truck, but we used to break it down each trip. We used a little silicone, as Bigmac suggested, and that helped. Also, getting the rubber seal wet helps.

Foiler
05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I stand mine up in my boat (93 prostar) foil up with the cover on. I wedge it tight with the throw cushion. I live close to the water and wouldn't go down the highway this way but I've never had a problem.

If I have my back seat out I have room to lay it down, haul it in your boat as long as you have a foil cover and don't have to drive far to the lake.

AirJunky
05-03-2006, 05:26 PM
If I have the boat, I put the skis in the boat, seat down, foil standing up & securely tied off.

If I am driving the truck ('98 Dakota), I just put the Sky Skis (with foil covers) in the bed, laying on their side..... and lock the canopy.

If we're driving momma's car, then I break the ski down. I just spit on the t-bar to get past that gasket. Works fine.

And always use the foil cover under ALL circumstances. You will understand why the first time the foil falls over in your garage or you kick it barefooted in your boat.