PDA

View Full Version : CNC Prop

normanpoon
05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I was wondering if changing my 03 X-30 prop to a CNC, will make a big difference?

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Welcome. Please click the FAQ link in my signature. Follow the links from there to a prop test I did comparing two different CNC'd props. It is in MS word format.

In a word, over a hand finished prop, yes.

bigmac
05-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I was wondering if changing my 03 X-30 prop to a CNC, will make a big difference?

Reportedly, yes. I'm wrestling with the same issue on my '04 230VRS/MCX. I have a cast Johnson 14x18 4 blade on it now. The performance is good, but it's noisey, vibrates, and cavitates more than I think it should. I just had my prop guy tweak it a little, but he said it wasn't much off, still within factory specs.

Bill Weeks at Acme tells me that their CNC Acme 847 13.5 X 17.5 is the shizznits for that boat with that engine. He says better top speed and better hole shot. Someone here on TMC has that prop and said they lost a touch off the top end, gained a little on the bottom, but it was much smoother and all around a much better prop. Acme has a great reputation.

I'd give Bill Weeks a call, but if you have the MCX engine, my guess is that 847 would be his recommendation.

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Norman, I updated the link in the FAQ. Thanks for the heads up that it was dead. It's a .pdf now.

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I have a CNC on mine, when i bought the boat it had the stock prop on it. Night and day difference between the two. CNC is quieter, way more holeshot and better holding power on the mid range. Top end might have gained me a little as well

Ben
05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Could someone pm me an estimate of what the ACME cnc's run? I have a slight vibration in the 2000 rpm range I'd like to eliminate, and think it may be the prop (basically a new prop). Seems as if everyone comments the cnc runs smoother. Just curious what the damage would be. Thanks.

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Mine ran me $293 delivered. Nowadays, I think you're looking at around $320.

/Quick update. Had issues with the .pdf for some reason. It's relinked to a MS word file once again.