PDA

View Full Version : Rear Storage Hatch Covers

Jimperry
05-01-2006, 01:20 PM
The vinyl on the rear storage hatches of my 200 PS 190 have lots of small tears on them at the seams. Anyone else have this same problem? What's the best way to get new covers and prevent it from happening again?

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Welcome. Click the FAQ link in my signature and you'll find info on ordering new skins. 303 protectant is often used and recommended for keeping them their best.

rodltg2
05-01-2006, 01:22 PM
lots of 303!

Ric
05-01-2006, 01:25 PM
The vinyl on the rear storage hatches of my 200 PS 190 have lots of small tears on them at the seams. Anyone else have this same problem? What's the best way to get new covers and prevent it from happening again?

quit letting the rope get caught in there, that'll prevent the tears!! ;)

no, seriously, the same happened on my '00 and recently mc was supplying new skins under warranty but you had to have them installed on your own.

Jimperry
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Did you get yours replaced under warranty? If so, how long ago and how did you go about it?

Ric
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Did you get yours replaced under warranty? If so, how long ago and how did you go about it?
Yes, I did and it was in late summer of '04
You have to go to your dealer and go through them for this warranty process. You can choose to do the install, or choose your own upholstery shop or pay your dealer to handle it for you .

You can call MC at the factory but that's not really the way they want to do it for obvious reasons..

Good luck! oh and uh WELCOME!