PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

Jimperry
05-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I cleaned the dingy carpet on my 2000 PS this weekend with Simple Green and it looks like new again. It took all of ten minutes. I mixed Simple Grean in a garden sprayer with hot water, sprayed the carpet, hit the worst areas with a scrub brush and then just hosed it all down. What a difference!

Mi.mc
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
simple green is a quality product- i work at a used car dealership and it is great for cleaning years and years of stranger butt from seats etc.

east tx skier
05-18-2006, 11:16 PM
I like SG, but the MC manual says not to use it on the hull. Don't think that applies to the carpet though. I just use tide and warm water with a scrub brush on mine. Pressure wash at the car wash and shop vac the excess.

JohnE
06-04-2006, 10:12 AM
If anyone uses Simple Green, I'd highly recommend Arrow Solve by Arrow Magnolia. Phone Curtis Shaw @ 800 527-2101, x275. You might have to buy by the case (4 gallons) but it is very reasonably priced. It is an all purpose cleaner/ degreaser purple in color. I've been using it for 20 years, and it is a great all around product. Use it as you'd use simple green, but it is way better. I've even applied it full strength to a few vehicles to remove bugs, grease, road tar, grime with absolutely no damage to finish. Of course this will remove the wax as well. Admittedly, these were work vans, so I may not recommend doing so on a high quality personal vehicle. I'd do it to my own, but don't want to take any chances on giving out that advice. I've also used it diluted on the hulls and upholstery of several boats.

John