PDA

View Full Version : Distributor 87 PS 190- 351 ford

Brent
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
We installed the pointless ignition & new plug wires yesterday. It seem my wires were not installed correctly (wrong firing order ) . My question is where on the distributor cap is # 1?

This has been a real pain I had thought that my carb was the problem .So that was rebuilt. Now I've installed the new pointless ignition & discover it may have been a incorrect installation of my distributor cap (firing order) Causing my woes.

1987 Prostar 190 , 351 ford.

tommcat
05-01-2006, 09:32 AM
did you pull the whole distributor out? if so you probably dropped it in with #1 in the wrong spot. which is no big deal since you can put it wherever you want it, you just need to match the wiring to wherever #1 sits now.
set your timing mark to TDC on the compression stroke and pull the dist cap, number 1 is wherever the rotor electrode is pointing. you can either line up the cap and wires to match it or reset the ditributor to point it where you want.

Brent
05-06-2006, 04:54 PM
That really hepled! It seems my 1 & 4 wires were in the wrong spots , for quite sometime . That correction has made a huge differance. :)

Thank you

tommcat
05-08-2006, 10:56 AM
cool, glad it helped :dance: