PDA

View Full Version : Hairline cracks

love2fly
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Finished cleaning the under side of the MC today and saw about 6 spiderweb cracks coming from behind the strut. They are not wide and only about 1 inch long. Should I be worried or is this normal.

I also saw a big chip on one of the courners at the rear of the boat. All the gelcoat is gone and I can see the black fiberglass (I think that is what it is). The chip is 1 inch long and .5 inch wide. Should I get this looked at.

Thanks

JimN
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Talk to the dealer about these. The chip needs to be fixed so water doesn't get in and expand, delaminating it.

skitilldark
04-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Finished cleaning the under side of the MC today and saw about 6 spiderweb cracks coming from behind the strut. They are not wide and only about 1 inch long. Should I be worried or is this normal.

I also saw a big chip on one of the courners at the rear of the boat. All the gelcoat is gone and I can see the black fiberglass (I think that is what it is). The chip is 1 inch long and .5 inch wide. Should I get this looked at.

Thanks

Which model is your boat? We've got an 89' 190 with the same stress cracks. they've been there for several years...no problems yet, although we do keep an eye on them.

love2fly
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Its a 1996 200vrs maristar,

skitilldark
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Being a v-drive, it could be more serious than ours. I would definitely get the dealer to look at it if at all possible.