PDA

View Full Version : carbonworx

rodltg2
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
besides skisix, any others out there skiing the carbonworx? i demoed the ski at the clinic on friday and loved it..

skitilldark
04-30-2006, 05:49 PM
besides skisix, any others out there skiing the carbonworx? i demoed the ski at the clinic on friday and loved it..

What is it? Something like a Goode?

88 PS190
04-30-2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.carbonworx.com/outlaw/index.html

the outlaw.
All carbon, and they build them to more of your parameters than goode, who offers two amp options in each length.

skitilldark
04-30-2006, 05:59 PM
http://www.carbonworx.com/outlaw/index.html

the outlaw.
All carbon, and they build them to more of your parameters than goode, who offers two amp options in each length.

Looks pretty awesome. You say it rides well?

88 PS190
04-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I haven't riden one yet, would like to but i'm happy on my 9200 ltd.

I've only heard good things so far.

skitilldark
04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I haven't riden one yet, would like to but i'm happy on my 9200 ltd.

I've only heard good things so far.

If I had a 9200, I wouldn't be looking around either. Very nice ski.

tex
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Go to skifly.com and see what they say about carbonworx and customer service.

88 PS190
04-30-2006, 11:56 PM
definately some interesting posts there, of course they're making different points through out, and its an older post about the customer service.

Any word as to if they've resolved any issues for this year?

website looks defunct, 2004 models etc.

tex
05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
They sent me a free tshirt. It fell apart. Not to compare that to their skis. , From what I have read, they seem to be great about innovation and horrible about returning phone calls or $$$.

skisix@38
05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
So, you read a couple of unfavorable posts from one person and now the company sucks. I think someone pointed out that all those posts were at least a year old and they all originated from one person. What you almost never hear about is how 99% of the folks who bought Carbonworx products are ripping it and love the products they bought. Carbonworx is a small company and they are very innovative and as such it's true that sometimes Boyd can't return phone calls immediately. He's gotten the message and this year is going to improve his response to customer service calls. Did anyone here notice that the whole issue on skifly was about jumpers? Did anyone also notice that Boyd came on and provided a basis for the problems that people were having? He also replaced all bad products but you didnt' hear about that either.

If I only perused this site I might gleem that MC sucks because there have been several posts, including Rod's TT197, that don't hold MC in a favorable light. I think the reality is that there is a small percentage of MC who look on this site and fewer still that post here and that a larger percentage are happily enjoying their problem free boats.

Without exception, everytime I have seen a skier try a Carbonworx slalom, they have loved it and bought it - Just like Rod's experience. That's why demo skis are so hard to get a hold of.

Rod, the ski looked like it fit you well! I would use the card I gave you and get on on order before the summer rush gets into full swing.

tex
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Ski6,
What are you riding?

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
So, you read a couple of unfavorable posts from one person and now the company sucks. I think someone pointed out that all those posts were at least a year old and they all originated from one person. What you almost never hear about is how 99% of the folks who bought Carbonworx products are ripping it and love the products they bought. Carbonworx is a small company and they are very innovative and as such it's true that sometimes Boyd can't return phone calls immediately. He's gotten the message and this year is going to improve his response to customer service calls. Did anyone here notice that the whole issue on skifly was about jumpers? Did anyone also notice that Boyd came on and provided a basis for the problems that people were having? He also replaced all bad products but you didnt' hear about that either.

If I only perused this site I might gleem that MC sucks because there have been several posts, including Rod's TT197, that don't hold MC in a favorable light. I think the reality is that there is a small percentage of MC who look on this site and fewer still that post here and that a larger percentage are happily enjoying their problem free boats.

Without exception, everytime I have seen a skier try a Carbonworx slalom, they have loved it and bought it - Just like Rod's experience. That's why demo skis are so hard to get a hold of.

Rod, the ski looked like it fit you well! I would use the card I gave you and get on on order before the summer rush gets into full swing.

The problem with skifly is you never know who is posting most of the time. Amazing how much ire a few unreturned phone calls will generate though. Glad to hear he's working to correct that. I like the Bob Maher (a/k/a Maherajah) customer service department. You call Maherajah, and this nice voice comes on the line, "Bob Maher."

rodltg2
05-01-2006, 01:01 PM
skisix, i agree with you.. you always here about the bad stuff and rarely here from those who are happy with it.. i may be wrong but it seems to me that carbonworxx is not boyd's sole income may hold another job. i doubt he's got a bunch employees like a lrage manufacturer.

as for myself, i liked the ski. it skis alot like my d3 but a little faster. if anyone is in market for a new ski i would recomend it..

88 PS190
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
You'll notice from my posts that I'd love to give their ski a try as i've like what i've heard about the performance. If Boyd is supporting is product then it is a non-issue.

Personally I'd feel more comfortable if his site were up to date with the new product like instead of the 2004 product.

That would be comforting to me.

skisix@38
05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I've been riding a Carbonworx for 2.5 years now, and in that time my scores have gone from 1.5 @38 to 5.8@38, I tied for 4th place at last years western regional championship. At that tournament there were a lot of D3, HO and Goodes- only me on the Carbonworx! Sweet.
I've riden the HO's and the D3 and the Goodes and each time I try them, in the hope for an extra bouy or two, I always come back to my outlaw and am comforted knowing that I'm riding the best ski for me.

Boyd only does Carbonworx, that IS his bidness and it's not a large shop but, they are great skis!
If you are looking to try one hit the link and send an email or call and have him send one out.

rodltg2
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
greg whats 5.8@38?

tex
05-01-2006, 02:33 PM
6-I think you misread my post. I just simply pointed out that there have been issues with customer service. I beleive that they have been experienced by more than one person. I think what Boyd is trying to do is great. As I said before, we need more innovators in this sport and less conmen. You are right, most of his issues seem to revolve around his jumpers. People do not understand the r and d that goes into making good jumpers. I have been interested in his tricks.

skisix@38
05-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Amost the full pass at 38 off. A full pass would be 6@38, so, on average I fall short of that pass by .2 bouys.

Tex,

I know that there have been some issues that customers have caused and that Boyd has bent over backward to fix, yet there are still complaints. We don't ever get the whole story....
I like the products and they work well for me- that's the only thing that matters to me.