PDA

View Full Version : X2 wake

projectely4
04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
was out wakeboarding tonight behind our X2 and i took some pictures of the wake after i was done riding. there haven't been alot of pictures of the wake with added ballast. it took me 2 weekends to find the right weight placement in the boat and the wake is killer with a nice smooth rampy transition that is a little shorter than the X-star but has a more defined lip. the wake is probably the closest in shape to the X-star that i have seen or ridden behind. the shape is awesome and very solid creating alot of pop.

the boat had stock ballast filled which is about 600 lbs
then there were 2 375 lb sacs on each side of the engine
plus a fly high integrated bow sac underneath the cushions in the bow probably around 500 lbs is my guess along with about 200 lbs of lead in the bow
ballast total is approximately 1900 total.
the pics are taken at 24.5 mph which was the speed i was riding at on a 80 ft rope

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Is this the 06 X2?

projectely4
04-28-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah this is the 06 x2

SKI*MC
04-28-2006, 11:53 PM
that is a wicked lip there. Sweet stuff man!

Leroy
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
That should be some great air!

Hoosier Bob
04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
You know it has to be big when it takes pictures to get both wakes!!!!was out wakeboarding tonight behind our X2 and i took some pictures of the wake after i was done riding. there haven't been alot of pictures of the wake with added ballast. it took me 2 weekends to find the right weight placement in the boat and the wake is killer with a nice smooth rampy transition that is a little shorter than the X-star but has a more defined lip. the wake is probably the closest in shape to the X-star that i have seen or ridden behind. the shape is awesome and very solid creating alot of pop.

plus a fly high integrated bow sac underneath the cushions in the bow probably around 500 lbs is my guess along with about 200 lbs of lead in the bow
the pics are taken at 24.5 mph which was the speed i was riding at on a 80 ft rope

PendO
04-29-2006, 02:09 AM
How do I know this isn't the wake behind Rod's boat?

was out wakeboarding tonight behind our X2 and i took some pictures of the wake after i was done riding. there haven't been alot of pictures of the wake with added ballast. it took me 2 weekends to find the right weight placement in the boat and the wake is killer with a nice smooth rampy transition that is a little shorter than the X-star but has a more defined lip. the wake is probably the closest in shape to the X-star that i have seen or ridden behind. the shape is awesome and very solid creating alot of pop.