PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Cocktails

tex
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
The lovely bride has a birthday on Sunday. We have about 5-6 other couples coming over on Saturday night. We are going to sip on a few cocktails and then hit a local sushi joint. I would like to pick 2 simple cocktails to serve everyone while they are here. It will only be about an hour and 15 minutes of drinking. I need one simple/strong/easy chick drink and one simple/strong/easy rock star drink! Any suggestions?

JimN
04-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Buffalo shots!

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
For the ladies, Colorado Bulldogs. For the gents, Scotch and a little water with a twist.

Tell Inga we said Happy Bday!

tex
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks,
Inga will not be there. I try not to have her at any party that my wife will be attending. I was thinking of traditional martinis for the boys and some variation of cosmos for the chickys.

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Who are you, Henry Hill? If I recall, Friday at the Copa was for the girlfriends. ;)

I'm not really a martini guy, but go for it.

My wife likes the Amaretto Sours sometimes.

RackAtak
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
The lovely bride has a birthday on Sunday. We have about 5-6 other couples coming over on Saturday night. We are going to sip on a few cocktails and then hit a local sushi joint. I would like to pick 2 simple cocktails to serve everyone while they are here. It will only be about an hour and 15 minutes of drinking. I need one simple/strong/easy chick drink and one simple/strong/easy rock star drink! Any suggestions?
Cosmo's for the girls and Vodka and Fresca for the guys.

88 PS190
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Captain Dew for the men.

T Scott
04-28-2006, 09:23 PM
My wife drinks pineapple juice/Malibu Rum. I prefer 7/7 or Crown/Coke

mitch
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
rita's and martini's *and* Miller Lite's

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I need one simple/strong/easy chick drink and one simple/strong/easy rock star drink! Any suggestions?

Chick drink: He11 I dont know, I aint a chick!!! :rolleyes: I dont know, give them what ever chicks drink, wine coolers or captain & coke, or vodka and something, I dont know.....

Rock star drink: Old No.7 right out of the bottle! now THAT is a rockstar drink my friend. straight JD is a popular rockstar bev, as is straight Crown Royal. THose are both common drink amoung Celebrity rockers. Drink what Keith and Ronnie drink, they are pros!

(Stevie Ray Vaugn had a "version" of that rock star drink, only his was much "stronger" :eek: )

Leroy
04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Skip and go naked's for all!

04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Skip and go naked's for all!
Umm...dont the games happen later Leroy?? or IS that the name of a drink??

Ric
04-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Chick drink: He11 I dont know, I aint a chick!!! :rolleyes: I dont know, give them what ever chicks drink, wine coolers or captain & coke, or vodka and something, I dont know.....

Rock star drink: Old No.7 right out of the bottle! now THAT is a rockstar drink my friend. straight JD is a popular rockstar bev, as is straight Crown Royal. THose are both common drink amoung Celebrity rockers. Drink what Keith and Ronnie drink, they are pros!

(Stevie Ray Vaugn had a "version" of that rock star drink, only his was much "stronger" :eek: )
sooo, tell us what the SRV drink was? am already supposed to know this one?

04-29-2006, 09:01 AM
sooo, tell us what the SRV drink was? am already supposed to know this one? I saw this on VH1 behind the music-
SRV's breakfast every morning was a glass of Jack & coke, only the coke wasnt from a can :eek: :noface: He drank that every morning to "get going". Over time, it literally tore his stomach apart, where he was coughing up red. He was walking down the street one day with the band, and he started coughing, and couldnt stop. he went to the hospital, he was near death. Thats when he knew he had to either get clean or he was gonna die. and he got clean, and stayed that way. It was so sad to see that man TRULY turn his life around, get his career back on track, and then get killed in a helicopter crash. I mean, he went to hell and back, defeated the tallest odds, only to crash in a helicopter...... :(

oldschool84
04-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Get a Funnel a Hose (Don't forget the clamping ring or it will leak) :D and a case or two of light beer (miller light at my house) in an hour and 15 everyone should be just fine :headbang: :woohoo:

04-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Get a Funnel a Hose (Don't forget the clamping ring or it will leak) :D and a case or two of light beer (miller light at my house) in an hour and 15 everyone should be just fine
A funnel and a hose??....He's not winterizing his boat you goof, he is having friends over for drinks :rolleyes:

;)

tex
04-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Looks like Cosmos for the ladies and Gin/Vodka martinis for the dudes.
Beer/wine for everyone else.
Basil leaves stuffed with Chevre and pine nuts.
Assorted cheese and crackers.

tex
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
The party was a success. The Basil recipe rocked. It is very easy and I posted it on the food talk with Tex thread. Martinis/Grey Goose shots/sake caught up several of us by the night's end. I got the dry heaves and several people saw sushi come back the other way. I did get a foot and jump set in today. Not bad to squeeze both in on HER birthday!

tex
11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
I still help on a day to day basis!!!!