PDA

View Full Version : Proud Daddy Alert

phecksel
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
13 yo 7th grader. Not only is she incredibly intelligent, and an all around star athlete, but she has shown some real promise as a runner. We watched he last fall run XC and turn in some unbelievable times, right up until another team intentionally injured her. She started running track and the first event was last night.

All events were within a few seconds of the school records
800M 2:44
400M 1:10
200M 30.82

Wife told her she could get her belly button pierced after she breaks one of the school records, not realizing how close she was. In time trials she broke one record, tied two, and was within 2 seconds on a 4th one. I think we're in trouble!

I got one fantastic photo of her finishing the 200. Artistically, it's unbelievable. She is perfectly focused with a determined look on her face, 2nd place runner is about 15' behind her {and dropping fast}, very much out of focus, with tears running developing. They came around the corner together, and my daughter sped up. This poor girl threw everything she could muster and it wasn't enough. Emotions caught up with her.

I'm going to play with the pictures this weekend and will try to get a couple posted.

#47of100TeamMC
04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for sharing!

My wife and I don't have kids yet, but soon we will and can hopefully someday relate to you first hand.

Thanks,
Chris

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
WIth athleticism like that, sounds like she should be on a waterski!! I bet she could really tear up a slalom course after a while. Does she ski?

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Well done. Congrats to your daughter!

ski_king
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Those are great times! And she still has 2 years to go before she will be running varsity, she will be even faster than!

RexDog1
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Wow Great Times, Way To Go Girl

You Should Be Proud
:woohoo:

phecksel
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.hecksel.com/images/New%20Camera/Track%20Samples/index.htm

Friday night she improved her times by one second in both the 800 & 400. Not making excuses, but she was sicker then we realized, and we pulled her from the 200. Turns out she has strep throat and missed school yesterday and today. Next race isn't until Friday and we've requested short races only, even tho that's her weakness. I can't imagine what would have happened if she had been feeling well running against a capable challenger.

With skiing, she's shown an on again off again interest. Big thing that will help is my wife's health. Last year was pretty rough for her, and wasn't able to do as much. I think she would absolutely be a fantastic footer, and have talked to about her doing that. If she wants to, all the equipment is available.

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.hecksel.com/images/New%20Camera/Track%20Samples/index.htm

Friday night she improved her times by one second in both the 800 & 400. Not making excuses, but she was sicker then we realized, and we pulled her from the 200. Turns out she has strep throat and missed school yesterday and today. Next race isn't until Friday and we've requested short races only, even tho that's her weakness. I can't imagine what would have happened if she had been feeling well running against a capable challenger.

With skiing, she's shown an on again off again interest. Big thing that will help is my wife's health. Last year was pretty rough for her, and wasn't able to do as much. I think she would absolutely be a fantastic footer, and have talked to about her doing that. If she wants to, all the equipment is available.

Awesome pics phecksel! :cool: