PDA

View Full Version : Powerstar 200 Bimini Top

ajgressette
04-28-2006, 03:40 AM
I know this may be a long shot but does anyone have a Powerstar 200 with a Bimini top (Original Factory Installed)? If you do would you mind posting a photo? I have seen two different types on a similar boat the Barefoot 200 boats. One attached to the windshield and the other to the top of the gunnel wall. I want to put one on my boat but I have no idea which one to order.

Never2old
04-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Here's a pic of mine, the problem is that I've put a tower on it, which I love, gives the boat even more versitility.

ajgressette
04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I like the tower on the boat. Looks great! What tower did you put on it. Brand? Now I want a tower :banana:

Never2old
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
The tower is a 2002 Zero Flex, what tops it off is I built an adaptor for Perfect Pass to work on the Mercury, sure is nice getting that consistant pull, expecially when your wakeboarding.

ajgressette
04-29-2006, 05:01 AM
I was told by Mastercraft in TN that Perfect Pass would not work on an outboard. Care to share any details?

Never2old
04-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I dealt with Randy at Perfect Pass to get the right configuration on a control module. I had to build an adaptor for the throttle cable that connects to the perfect pass servo motor. Once installed, the system has worked flawlessly, you do have to modify the settings of the Kdw (Adjustable Pull Characteristics) and the NNW (Adjustable paddle pilter factor). As you may have heard from others, the toughest part of the install is drilling the hole in the bottom of the boat. I placed the paddle wheel to the starbord side of the fins, having to make sure I was able to place it in a spot that I could tighten due to the stringers in the hull and the mounting hardware of the center pole. Again, this is one of the best "investments" I've made in my boat, I enjoy my pulls more and no=one complains about the wrong speed. The system works just like in the inboards, with the cable either relaxing or tightening to adjust the trottle setting. Hope this helps.

ajgressette
04-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Yes this does help a lot. I will try to contact Perfect Pass and see if they will help. Building the brackets and the adjustments on the motor wont be a problem. Placement of that hole could be. Because I dont have any drawings of the stringer placements. Did you just guess or did someone give you some measurements?

Never2old
04-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I've been looking for the file that has a sketch of what I built for the adaptor but am having problems locating it. Unfortunately, I'm headed out of town today and won't be back for a week. When I get back, I'll locate it and try to post it. I know it's a fair sized file, I can also get a picture of where I located the paddle wheel if you end up going for the purchase.

ajgressette
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey thanks or you can email it to me. :woohoo:

I will try to contact perfect pass this week and find out which one i need.

ajgressette@gmail.com

love2fly
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Does that boat have the same hull as a maristar 200?? I like the tower and am looking for one to put on the maristar.

Never2old
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Near as I can tell, it's very similar to the 205 that was also built in 1998. I think it was the foundation for the first X-Stars built back in 2000, if my information source is correct. The wake is pretty firm and provides OK pop for wakeboarding and ski's pretty good, not near as good of a wake ast he 197 or 190.