PDA

View Full Version : replacement trailers

parks31
04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Anyone purchased a new aftermarket trailer? My 1989 trailer is in need of some work and I thought it might be smarter to just relace it. comments:

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM
www.trailersbydorsey.com. Depending on the overall condition of what you have, you may be better off refurbing though. The price of steel is way up. A single axle from Dorsey with brakes will run you (so I'm told second hand) around $3,500. Dual axle $5,300.

If you're seeing some rust, take the grinder to it or have it sandblasted. Bunk wood and carpet aren't too expensive. You can prime and paint yourself or have it done professionally and you can still keep the whole shebang under a few hundred dollars.

88 PS190
04-28-2006, 02:04 AM
my 88 trailor is hideous try grinding then blasting and painting, new trailors are expensive.

Sodar
04-28-2006, 02:23 AM
I know trailers are expensive and most disregard them as a way to get the boat to and from the water, but I am a huge fan of Extreme Custom Trailers. Malibu uses their trailers exclusively, as well as many other high end boat builders. I would say as a rule of thumb, go with any builder that the hot-boaters use. Those guys are as anal as they get, so if they are pleased you will be too. I would also try to stay away from trailers that are universal, with all the adjustable bunks and hoopla, look for a custom trailer that is gunna support you pride and joy the way it should be and also look great while it is doing it!

parks31
04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
thanks for the help. I might just overhaul my old one.