PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

X2M
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Some of you may remember the trouble I had with my boat (2005 X2) being in the shop last fall for the gelcoat cracks. The job that was supposed to take 1 week turned into 2 months...and all the drama that happened when the boat finally came home.

Well...my boat is back in the shop again...this time for new skins. And again the job that was supposed to take less than a week looks to be taking 3 weeks...keeping my fingers crossed that it is not longer than that. Why you ask? Because one seat back was made wrong at the factory and had to be sent back. Well, these things happen...the problem is that they also sent my original skin back to the factory too (without calling and discussing the situation with us first). So now my boat is sitting at the service shop waiting...cant take it out on the water and use it with exposed foam cushions.

I am frustrated that I am again without my boat because of warranty items being fixed....things that I did not cause.

What would you do if you were me? Would you sit, wait and try to be patient...and hit up all your friends to get your fix? Or would you ask the dealer for a loaner boat?

Jerseydave
04-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I would tell the dealer they have __days to get it finished, or else you want a loaner. Heck, my car dealer (Infinity) gave me a loaner car for a few hours so that I could get an oil change!

I realize boats are not cars, and loaners are rare, but with your 2 situations, they should bend for you.

Best of luck, hope you're back on the water real soon! :)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Thats a bummer momma,

I would be a bit upset. I guess I would nicely ask for a loaner. I would just politely explain the wait you had before, in addition to the long wait you are having now, and say hey, I paid BIG bucks for a boat that I cant use, this is taking way longer than it should, I think I am entitled to a boat to use seeing I didnt cause these issues. Get your boat salesman involved, sometimes thats a real motivator to get good service. Your salesman want you to be happy so you return to them for future sales. If my customers come to me at the car dealership I work at with a story like that, I make sure they are taken care of well. :twocents:

rodltg2
04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
i think you are entitled to a loaner, they gave me loaners when my boat was having issues. they gave trade ins but better than nothing..

Leroy
04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Ask for loaner or put seat back in your boat from another boat temporary(less desirable).

roddydog
04-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Loaner Momma!!!! No 2 ways about it!!

They are the ones who have created the problem and after spending X2 amount of Dollars they should be taking care of you as if you were royalty. (I am sure you are)

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
If you can't get a loaner, get a throwable floatation device and put it down as a cushion. Whatever gets you on the water.

X2M
04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
We have talked to both our salesman and the dealer GM about a loaner, still waiting for a call back.

Throwing a floation device down as a cushion is probably not going to work...but thanks for the idea. The exposed foam is on the seat back of the back seat. And that part of the seat it is unfortunately not removable from the boat.

Flatwaterfooter
04-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Sounds like the warranty is going to expire prior to being able to really run the boat. Hope they extend the warranty for you.

RexDog1
04-28-2006, 10:52 AM
This Goes Back To A Old Thread About Good And Bad About Dealers

And What I Got Out Of That Was, Dealer/Costumer Communication

Was # 1 That A Lot of Dealers Need To Work On? :mad:

I Do Not Understand How A Dealer Can Make A Decision On YOUR BOAT

With Out A Simple Phone Call, It Is YOUR BOAT Not There Boat.

I Do Like The Idea About The Throwable Floatation Device

I Would Be Very Upset About The Lack Of Communication :rant:

It Is To Bad About This, Because It Is Going To Be A Nice Weekend Up In

No. Cal.

Loaner Boat Is The Right Thing They Should Do, After THAY Made The Decision

On YOUR BOAT

And Get A Date On When You Are Going To Get You Boat Back

I Am Sorry That I Vented My Anger, It Just Hit Me Wrong

It Has Been A Long Week :eek:

Good Luck With This :friday:

Ric
04-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Rex, is commutation, the correct connotation?

momma, ask for a loaner seat or boat, yes they shoulda called you prior to shipping the seat out, but
strange things happen in dealership service departments... strange things indeed...

I bet they'd loan you a trade if they had one. My dealer offered me a loaner in a messy situation... I did not have to ask for it. But let it be said that my local dealer is one good guy IMO. (weird things happen in his service bay too)

X2M
04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't really have an update on this story give you all...

Apparently my dealer is to busy with the potential/new customers to deal with their existing customers. :(

quincyfirefighter
04-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Don't really have an update on this story give you all...

Apparently my dealer is to busy with the potential/new customers to deal with their existing customers. :(
I feel your pain. Mine is in Reno in the shop also ( just service) :o With the weekin that we are going to have here after the last mouth and a half it just kill's me. Maybe this isn't a good time to bring it up but what about the shasta trip. :confused:

RexDog1
04-29-2006, 10:48 AM
This may help I just got this in the mail on Friday about a unresolved situation with my boat

MasterCraft’s Customer Service Department (800) 443-8774 Ext1221, Ext1185 or Ext, 1197
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5 Eastern Time Zone

Please have the following information available when you call
*Name…..?
*Boat Serial #
*Daytime Phone #

If your issue is not resolved with the MasterCraft’s Customer Service Department call
The Customer Satisfaction Hotline (888) 760-6834

I do find it funny that the card told me to have my NAME available when I call ?????? :uglyhamme

I hope this will help :toast:

chfrogman
04-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I am sure that X2Momma truely will find this information very helpful for her problem.

This may help I just got this in the mail on Friday about a unresolved situation with my boat

MasterCraft’s Customer Service Department (800) 443-8774 Ext1221, Ext1185 or Ext, 1197
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5 Eastern Time Zone

Please have the following information available when you call
*Name…..?
*Boat Serial #
*Daytime Phone #

If your issue is not resolved with the MasterCraft’s Customer Service Department call
The Customer Satisfaction Hotline (888) 760-6834

I do find it funny that the card told me to have my NAME available when I call ?????? :uglyhamme

I hope this will help :toast:

G-man
04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
If this is the kind of service your getting find a dealer with another brand of boat that customers say his service is great. One way to see how a service department operates is to call them and ask how long will it take to get an oil change done? This should give you a good idea how long it takes him to get boats in the shop. If parts are needed it a different story because boat parts aren't as easy for a dealer to get because of limited production on boats.

kalanic
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Just wondering what shop you were dealing with??

flyinryn
04-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Kalanic

You are asking about the dealership that X2 Momma is going to. Well let’s put this in lamine terms. It is one of the only dealers in Northern California. I guess I will also be safe to say that it is not SKI WORLD.

Hmmmmm.

Lets also say that if you were playing the rhyming game it would be something like Scope & Mcsketers.

But I really don't want to give anthing away.

***On a side note have you been out much since the rain has stopped.***

sand2snow22
04-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Sell it and buy a BU, nevermind that's what Rod would do!! X2 Momma, is this the same dealer or is it a new one? Find a different dealer, is the other dealer too far away?

Diesel
05-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I feel you pain X2 and hopefully they will make it right. :)

Next time you might consider bringing the boat in for warranty work over the off season, instead of peak season. I had a rather long list of warranty items that I had fixed last fall (after the winterize rush) which took nearly 2 months. Most of the time was spent waiting for MC to send parts and fixing the not so "perfect" Perfect Pass. However my season was over, I had no need for the boat, and the dealership had plenty of time to make sure the boat was absolutely perfect. Just makes sense to me to have the boat worked on when the dealer has excess time/shop space and I am not missing any time on the water.

Good luck :)

kalanic
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Thats who I thought! Jus was wonderin if she was using the Vaca repair site.

Answer to the side note is no not yet, just finished all of my spring projects though. I think this weekend will be the first outing!

X2M
05-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I feel you pain X2 and hopefully they will make it right. :)

Next time you might consider bringing the boat in for warranty work over the off season, instead of peak season. I had a rather long list of warranty items that I had fixed last fall (after the winterize rush) which took nearly 2 months. Most of the time was spent waiting for MC to send parts and fixing the not so "perfect" Perfect Pass. However my season was over, I had no need for the boat, and the dealership had plenty of time to make sure the boat was absolutely perfect. Just makes sense to me to have the boat worked on when the dealer has excess time/shop space and I am not missing any time on the water.

Good luck :)

I agree with what you are saying Diesel...but ;) ...dealer set the date for the work to be done, not us. I would have been more than happy to take the boat in a couple of months ago to have the skins replaced. That was not an option unfortunately since the skins had not arrived yet.

I know that these oop's happen. The dealer still should have called and gotten our ok before sending both skins back making my boat unsuable.

X2M
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Thats who I thought! Jus was wonderin if she was using the Vaca repair site.

Answer to the side note is no not yet, just finished all of my spring projects though. I think this weekend will be the first outing!

The Vaca site only works on Malibus...for some reason they don't like MasterCrafts. :rolleyes: Hmmmm.

After all the promised work on my boat is done, we will be making the drive to the other NorCal MC dealer if we need anything done. Hopefully we will have better luck with them.

kalanic
05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
The Vaca site only works on Malibus...for some reason they don't like MasterCrafts. :rolleyes: Hmmmm.

After all the promised work on my boat is done, we will be making the drive to the other NorCal MC dealer if we need anything done. Hopefully we will have better luck with them.
No way! They must have stopped then. I had my first oil change & 20 hour service there in September of last year. They are gonna drill my transom for my stereo remote in 2 weeks. We are talkin about the one off of Elmira?

jmyers
05-01-2006, 01:16 PM

I am telling you run it over to Ski World! They have a new fully inclosed facility in Livermore and they did a perfect job on mine! It is a little bit of a trip but well worth it to get it right! Just my thought!~

Diesel
05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I agree with what you are saying Diesel...but ;) ...dealer set the date for the work to be done, not us. I would have been more than happy to take the boat in a couple of months ago to have the skins replaced. That was not an option unfortunately since the skins had not arrived yet.

I know that these oop's happen. The dealer still should have called and gotten our ok before sending both skins back making my boat unsuable.

If this is the case it looks like you are taking the proper steps and finding a new dealer. ;)

I would think any dealer would jump at an opportunity to do some service work during the slow season. :confused: I know my local dealer is ecstatic if they do not have to lay off one of their service guys during the winter months.

ss4000+
05-01-2006, 11:41 PM
It never hurts to ask, or you could just go to the dealer everyday and ask for a test drive on a new boat until you get your boat fixed. Test out the theory that boats of a different color drive/ride differently. :rant: