PDA

View Full Version : Breaker/fuse for tower lights?

michael freeman
04-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I ordered my boat with tower lights (in front of speaker housing), but the boat arrived at the dealer with out this option. The dealer sent them out to a stereo shop to be installed and I was curious where the stock location for the breaker was located or if it came from the factory with a inline fuse?

There is a plastic blank for a hole above the switch that is just above the ballast tank gauges. Is this the stock location of the breaker or should it be on the breaker panel below the dash? (OR does it come from the factory with an inline fuse?)

A quick side bar question. How do you go about getting your free year of Team Mastercraft membership? Are the forms sent in the mail or do I need the dealer to submit something on my behalf?

Thanks,
Mike

Prostar19
04-27-2006, 02:48 PM
YOu should get your free year of TMC when the dealer sends in your warranty registration card. Just keep an eye on it.

As far as the breaker for the tower lights. When you order it from MC the kit contains the lights, switch, and wire harness with circuit breaker. If you did not get it from the factory there is probably not a breaker on the main panel for tower lights

SteveO
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Michael,

Post some pictures of that new Baby! This group if full of visual learners

tommcat
04-27-2006, 03:12 PM
a dealer isnt capable of installing lights? i'd be a little nervous about them if it was my boat

sand2snow22
04-28-2006, 12:31 AM
I ordered my boat with tower lights (in front of speaker housing), but the boat arrived at the dealer with out this option. The dealer sent them out to a stereo shop to be installed and I was curious where the stock location for the breaker was located or if it came from the factory with a inline fuse?

There is a plastic blank for a hole above the switch that is just above the ballast tank gauges. Is this the stock location of the breaker or should it be on the breaker panel below the dash? (OR does it come from the factory with an inline fuse?)

A quick side bar question. How do you go about getting your free year of Team Mastercraft membership? Are the forms sent in the mail or do I need the dealer to submit something on my behalf?

Thanks,
Mike

Great questions, yes I think the dealer automatically signs you up for Team Mastercraft. You should get it in the mail.

As far as the breaker/fuse, I'm not exactly sure. I have an 2005 X2 and last year we were running the stereo, 4 lights and basically too many accessories. We blew the main breaker and nothing worked except for the engine. (Smart MC engineers) It took us about half the night to figure out where the main breaker was. It's on the positive battery cable, near the terminal connection. We flipped the breaker and everything worked again. I'd guess this would be an inline breaker?

PendO
04-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Lights installed at a stereo shop ... what next, are they going to send your trailer to a tire shop to get fixed?

As for the free year of TMC ... well, my boat is an 06, maybe I will get my membership this year, as I have not seen anything since I bought it last fall ... good luck with your lights and trailer, and I heard that a local radiator shop does great repairs on the gel coat.

Thanks,
Mike

wtrjock
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
When I bought my 2005 X10, it was prewired for lights and speakers, but the speakers and lights were installed by the dealer in about 1 hour before I picked up the boat. I have a tower switch and breaker.

I sent an email to TMC about the membership. I bought my boat in August, but didn't get the membership till November. I requested that they extend my membership till November 2006, and they did.

skitilldark
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I have an X-9 that has the 4 light bar. Last year I added two more rear facing lights and began to blow the breaker(on my boat it is in the box underneath the dash to the left of driver's legs). What we had to do was wire a relay switch before the breaker box to hold the power(without overheating the breaker itself). So far so good.