PDA

View Full Version : Bow Filler Cushion

kalanic
04-26-2006, 05:12 PM
:rolleyes: Is it worth getting? If so, where is a good place to find one??

michael freeman
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I bought one for my boat, but I haven't used it yet. I've only had the boat for a week though.

I planned on having it in so my dog could lay up there, but until I know what she is going to do on a boat, I like to see her rear legs on the floor. (i.e., another second of reaction time if she decides to jump out the bow ;) )

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
If they're as proud of that option as they are of their jump seats, I imagine it's pricey. You could order the replacement skin and make your own for a pretty reasonable $ IMO.

sizzler
04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
doug.....have you ever made anything like that??? ;)

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Why yes, funny you should ask. ;)

tommcat
04-27-2006, 02:22 PM
If they're as proud of that option as they are of their jump seats, I imagine it's pricey. You could order the replacement skin and make your own for a pretty reasonable $ IMO.eastie, when you did yours were you able to find the skin for your year boat or did you have to make it fit? i dont recall it being available for my 97 ever.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
I found it for the year of my boat (accent colors matched using my hull ID number). If you check the brochure for 1996 (or whatever is in the DL section), it should list it. I've only seen one stock seat for sale in my era of 205.

wtrjock
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
The bow filler cushion was one of my wife's requirements. It definately makes the front of the X10 more comfortable.

I bought the filler cushion from the dealer when I purchased the boat. Of course, all they gave me was the cushion and corian plate that it rests on. I had to get brackets and screws from them as well. Some years of the X series have a cut out for the bow filler, but the 2005 X10 requires bolt in plastic brackets. Surprisingly, they don't look that bad with the cushion out, although, after I installed the cushion, we left it in the rest of the summer.