PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Purchase...My New Boat

Cody
10-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Last week I sold my '85 S&S on Ebay. I thought I would put it on and see how it would do. If it sold it sold and if not I would have a boat for next year. Turns out it did sell and I had a reason to check out all the mastercraft sites again.

My search ended up back at Ebay where I bought the '85 S&S last year.

This is what I ended up with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2491653192&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Let me know what you think so far.

Cody

ski_king
10-02-2004, 06:31 PM
The 91 ProStar looks good! Low hours and you paid a little below average NADA retail.
I hope it looks as good in person as the photos show and it runs great.

(That kid in the sitting on the deck in the picture looks cute, but those sandles on his feet may have put some marks on the deck.)

John B
10-02-2004, 07:21 PM
That looks like a great boat.The 91 is very good to ski behind.(91-94 hull is known as the best)
I have not skied behind a 91 but I used to have a 94 and a friend has a 93 and I ski behind it twice a week.
It would have been nice to see more pictures of the interior and one of the motor.
Did you ask the seller for some more pictures before you bid?
I bought my boat on eBay too.
There are some deals on eBay I also bought my Jeep there.
I buy all of my skis on eBay.(snow and water)
Today I bought a O'Brien Sixam.
I paid a little more then I wanted to,but I wanted that ski. :D

André
10-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Congrats Cody!
Lokks like a nice clean boat.

Cody
10-02-2004, 07:54 PM
John,

I did get several other pics. They look pretty good. The motor was clean with no rust in the pics and the interior looked spotless. He did tell me the pics made it appear cleaner than what it really was, but he assured me it was in very good shape.

This is my fourth purchase or sell on ebay over $5,000. So far it has been very good to me. Hopeully, I will never have to deal with the scammers.

John, who do you buy your obrien gear from on Ebay...bargainh20sports???

Thanks to all,
Cody

John B
10-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Cody,

I have got two Mapples from wake-meup.( he is a O'Brien dealer in So.Cal.)
The Sixam that I bought today is used and it came for someone who this was the third thing he has sold on eBay.

MasterCrafting
10-03-2004, 08:55 PM
We bought our 92' on ebay, same paint scheme as yours.

NeilM
10-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Looks great, Cody.. it seems more and more people use eBay..

captkidd
10-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Looks like a good deal. A nice boat and a kid for <$10K. Whatabargain!