PDA

View Full Version : New gear company

richardsoncd
04-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I am starting a new company to compete with the big dogs, a.k.a. Connelly, O'Brien, Liquid Force, etc. Now then, to all of you who might want to be negative.....keep it to yourself, think back on that time you had a dream and someone took a long warm pee on it. So, if any of you MC owners, watersports enthusiasts, wakeboarders, waterskiers, tired of sitting at your desk or just need something else to make your mind wander type people want in, let me know. Some of my professors in my M.B.A. program are helping me with a business plan (this is how Google started by the way), and I hope to be off and running in less than a year and a half. I have also contacted a certain skateboard / surfboard manufacturer that has been an inovator in the business for over 30 years (whether he writes back or not is a diffrent story) for advice and maybe even some help. If any of you want to invest....not yet, if any of you want to help be the brain trust...sweet. Just letting you TTer's in on the bottom level, and for those of you who snub your nose at this idea, I'll still give you the hook up on my gear.

Later-

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Best of luck to you! Are you talking about Bob Maher? If so, last I tried, he answers his own phone (in case you don't hear back from him). :)

LakePirate
04-25-2006, 10:12 PM
PM at ya....

SKI*MC
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Thats how barefoot international started. Mike's dad made ski ropes in the basement. My dad went to his house a few times to get lines. And not look at the company. its HUGE! So good luck to you, i hope you make it!

JohnnyB
04-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Good luck to you....be sure to keep us posted as you progress....lots of potential sales out here I'd bet.

Doug G
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
So the answer to the question depends on the business plan and the concept. When that info flushes out it would be interesting to see and evaluate.

6ballsisall
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
PM at ya! Sounds exciting! Always looking for/at good business opportunities. Lets talk

Farmer Ted
04-25-2006, 11:02 PM
so what are you going to sell?

Hopefully you'll be able to offer some Pimp-a-licous attire similar to HO MFG

I can't get enough of that stuff! I had to give the Wildman all my FUBU jeans......

Good luck man!

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 11:54 PM
so what are you going to sell?

Hopefully you'll be able to offer some Pimp-a-licous attire similar to HO MFG

I can't get enough of that stuff! I had to give the Wildman all my FUBU jeans......

Good luck man!

FUBU???? Are they made by Carhart?

richardsoncd
05-02-2006, 09:39 AM
The latest update is as follows:

Company Name: Pegasus Watersports

First Product Lines: Vintage Skis and Boards...that's right, the Pegasus Woody Line, including Wooden Slalom, Combo skis, Kite Boards and even a line of Wooden Wakeboards...yes, Wakeboards!!! We will also have coozies, t-shirts, decals.

Product Lines to come: Wakeskates, composite skis and wakeboards, towels, throw cushions, and more

I'll let y'all know when the website is up.

Later

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Add the link to your signature....

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Good luck to ya.
And as mentioned above, when you have more information shoot me some information.
I sent you an email as your PM inbox is full.