PDA

View Full Version : Question About 91' to 94's with towners.

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have a tower on one of these models? You would like to see some pics if possible. Brandy and I are thinking about upgrading after the summer, we still have the 87' sold and don't like the looks of a tower on that model. We need to get the skis in the air for the room and don't want a open bow boat. Thanks for any advise or pics. We do have time, the boat is yours until the end of summer, if we sell then.

_DiZZ_
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Try Monster Tower

http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/MasterCraft.htm

Farmer Ted
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
91-94
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1991-1994_Prostar_190.jpg
91-94 PS 190

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1991-1994_Prostar_190_angle.jpg

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1991-1994_Prostar_190_collapsed.jpg

This looks better than some of the towers out there, but something just doesn't look right on this style...
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1987-1990_Prostar_190.jpg

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
needs to be black

tommcat
04-25-2006, 08:41 PM
how much are you looking to spend?

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 08:53 PM
how much are you looking to spend?
Boat and all, 12,500 to 20K....

erkoehler
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM

You could be in alot newer MasterCraft than 1994 w/ a tower, PP, and low hours for alot less than 20k.....

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
You could be in alot newer MasterCraft than 1994 w/ a tower, PP, and low hours for alot less than 20k.....
Find me one then..... Red and White, with a tandam axle trailer.... with all the options you just listed... Thanks ;)

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
OH YEAH, with a FORD motor!!!! :love:

erkoehler
04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Find me one then..... Red and White, with a tandam axle trailer.... with all the options you just listed... Thanks ;)

The toughest part out of that list will be the tandem trailer, but I'm on it:)

190 right? Any restrictions on engine or powerslot?

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
The toughest part out of that list will be the tandem trailer, but I'm on it:)

190 right? Any restrictions on engine or powerslot?
190.....Ford........Powerslot......

erkoehler
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
190.....Ford........Powerslot......

PM at you...

Leroy
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Brad and Farmer; There appears to be tower fever going around down there. And you both looking for newer boats?

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Brad and Farmer; There appears to be tower fever going around down there. And you both looking for newer boats?
I need more room, but only want a 190.... I look good driving them!!! :D

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:18 PM
So Brad, you're looking for a 91--93, i.e., Ford, slot, color pattern similar to mine?

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 10:18 PM
So Brad, you're looking for a 91--93, i.e., Ford, slot, color pattern similar to mine?
Yes sir Mr. Doug.............

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
1991 with a pslot in California with your name all over it. No tower, but has a skylon with racks to tide you over until you put the big roll bar on her.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/83733486.htm

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
looks great, but to far........ :mad:

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Saw a couple of other red ones. One in NC, but no slot. There's a red 1994 (Chevy) in Houston (not sure if it's still available). Beautiful boat with matching bimini. Thought about snagging it myself, but decided otherwise.

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Saw a couple of other red ones. One in NC, but no slot. There's a red 1994 (Chevy) in Houston (not sure if it's still available). Beautiful boat with matching bimini. Thought about snagging it myself, but decided otherwise.
I have the entire summer to look..... Pick one up for a good deal in the fall.

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
There's also this one. A little farther away, too, but not just red on white. ;) And it's a pslot. www.ski-it-again.com Were it closer, it might be in my garage.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/photos/sia02875img0.jpg

bradamerry
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
There's also this one. A little farther away, too, but not just red on white. ;) And it's a pslot. www.ski-it-again.com Were it closer, it might be in my garage.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/photos/sia02875img0.jpg
buy it...................

east tx skier
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Nah, too far away. S&S was still an option in 93 (available through 07/93 I believe). Not one of only 25 made or something. Beautiful, but not so rare that I can rationalize a cross country trek. Another will turn up if it's meant to be. I've been watching them pop up here and there as long as I've been paying attention. I've got a boat that's perfect for me until the next perfect boat falls into my lap. My boat's paid for and running like a top.

I only think about other boats when I'm not skiing. For me to move on something, it'll have to be close, red, likely fuel injected (or be a red S&S), have perfect pass, a bimini, be in too good of condition to pass up or even hesitate about, and be a really good deal. Otherwise, it's too much trouble to mess with.

Farmer Ted
04-25-2006, 11:46 PM

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmer Ted
04-25-2006, 11:50 PM

someday Leroy! someday....

it just gets to be difficult to deal with all the "stuff" we need to have fun at the lake

it might be cheaper to buy a pontoon and haul it along as a tender.....

Farmer Ted
04-25-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.ski-it-again.com/photos/sia02898img0.jpg

http://www.ski-it-again.com/photos/sia02898img1.jpg

http://www.ski-it-again.com/photos/sia02898img2.jpg

Wildman,

this is the boat I was telling you about....

looks well cared for

can you say ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=807&sort=1&cat=5&page=1

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 12:09 AM
I love it, but what would a tower look like on it??

east tx skier
04-26-2006, 12:37 AM
If it's just for storage, just shove it under the bow and leave the back seat out.

I've seen 'em with towers. If you like towers, I suppose they look just fine with them. Just not my cup of tea.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 12:42 AM
If it's just for storage, just shove it under the bow and leave the back seat out.

I've seen 'em with towers. If you like towers, I suppose they look just fine with them. Just not my cup of tea.
We do both, the back seat out and use the bow storage. But Kaylee has friends that will start wanting to come, so the back seat we will need. If all the kids did the same thing, it would not be a problem, but that never happens.

east tx skier
04-26-2006, 12:44 AM
You know you can't store children in the tower, right? ;)

erkoehler
04-26-2006, 12:48 AM
We do both, the back seat out and use the bow storage. But Kaylee has friends that will start wanting to come, so the back seat we will need. If all the kids did the same thing, it would not be a problem, but that never happens.

You know, 90% of kids don't mind sitting on the floor.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 12:50 AM
You know, 90% of kids don't mind sitting on the floor.
but 100% will sit in seats in my boat... :rolleyes:

east tx skier
04-26-2006, 12:52 AM
I still think Farmer's pontoon boat tag along idea is the best alternative I've heard.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I still think Farmer's pontoon boat tag along idea is the best alternative I've heard.
never heard that one???

east tx skier
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
someday Leroy! someday....

it just gets to be difficult to deal with all the "stuff" we need to have fun at the lake

it might be cheaper to buy a pontoon and haul it along as a tender.....

Here ya go, Wildman. One of the reasons, I'm going closed bow for my next boat is because we've got another open bow in the family (and I'd rather have storage than bow seating).

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 09:25 AM
I like the looks of the closed bow better....

Farmer Ted
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I love it, but what would a tower look like on it??

like this

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/mastercraft/images/1991-1994_Prostar_190.jpg

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Looks pretty good to me.... Now we just need a red boat...

_DiZZ_
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I have the entire summer to look..... Pick one up for a good deal in the fall.

Boats usally go down in price after the 4th of july.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Boats usally go down in price after the 4th of july.
tru dat!!!!

Brandy has giving me the OK on a newer boat w/tower. 15K is the number for boat and tower!!! Let the ERK thread begin!!!!!! :rolleyes: 91 to 94 w/ 351 Ford!!!! Hopefully RED!!!! Would look good behind her truck.

erkoehler
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Don't for get tandem trailer :)

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Don't for get tandem trailer :)
with or without... hopefully with!

Farmer Ted
04-26-2006, 11:15 PM
with or without... hopefully with!

how much do you want for the duck boat....

my neighbor is looking for a fishing boat

bret
04-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Red and white, single, 350 with a couple of small upgrades. It might be for sale, depends on an overseas job and what the wife says about moving, should know in a month to 6 weeks. 505 hrs, two MC trophies from reunions, bimini, CODE 5 ignition, Sony/kicker sound, 2 props(3&4)

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/501/247master1.jpg
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247master2.jpg
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247master4.jpg
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/masterengine.jpg

erkoehler
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
UH BRAD! Looks like the search maybe over :)

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Can you drop me a 351 in that bad boy???? And it would be sold!!!!!!!!!!!

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
UH BRAD! Looks like the search maybe over :)
That 350 thing goes against all my beliefs :cry: ... Great looking boat though!!!!! Might would think about a chevy, if the price was right!

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll back around Heber Springs next week, if you are there..

bret
04-26-2006, 11:42 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find Ford power in 94, as it was $$ option. 91-93, pretty easy to find Ford Power. The intake on the above boat was done at Keith Blacks shop, then Jet Hot 1200 coated, then the computer was dailed in by Alan Tehan, the guy who actually designs the engines. The hole shot, skier up, and midrange is beautiful and very smooth and has hurt many feelings of Malibu and Ski Nautique owners, even with newer boats, up to 36-38 mph. I love my wifes Mustang, I loved all my Broncos, but my .02, hard to get the 285 fords as smooth as the 350's; no offense to anything, as I had a 91 and a 93.

The back seat is in the garage, covered, where it's been since 94, cleaned twice a year and recovered - as new.

Farmer Ted
04-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Brother you need to come over to the dark side....

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/8/83718088.htm

asking $15,000 you could probably get em down a couple thousand....

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/4724996/83718088_1.jpg

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:47 PM
The only way I would make the DARK SIDE would be with the LT-1.. Great looking boat, but I'm not driving to FL. to get a boat.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find Ford power in 94, as it was $$ option. 91-93, pretty easy to find Ford Power. The intake on the above boat was done at Keith Blacks shop, then Jet Hot 1200 coated, then the computer was dailed in by Alan Tehan, the guy who actually designs the engines. The hole shot, skier up, and midrange is beautiful and very smooth and has hurt many feelings of Malibu and Ski Nautique owners, even with newer boats, up to 36-38 mph. I love my wifes Mustang, I loved all my Broncos, but my .02, hard to get the 285 fords as smooth as the 350's; no offense to anything, as I had a 91 and a 93.

The back seat is in the garage, covered, where it's been since 94, cleaned twice a year and recovered - as new.
What kind of $$ are you talking??? We might just make a deal. The 350 is a good motor... I may just have to bite the BULLET!!!!!!!!!! :(

bret
04-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, I'll wait on the job offer, you mentioned something about "fall" picking up one...I was just saying this one might be sale. Wife says no, we stay put.
14-15.

bradamerry
04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Well, I'll wait on the job offer, you mentioned something about "fall" picking up one...I was just saying this one might be sale. Wife says no, we stay put.
14-15.
Just let me know. I do plan on using the 87' through the summer, unless a deal I can't refuse comes up!!!

Wes
04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Eastie:

Will let you know how the 93's look like with a tower, I am getting mine installed on the 5th of May. I will post a picture of it when it is done.

93 Prostart 205

bret
04-27-2006, 12:06 AM
If you get to Heber, shoot me a pm. If I'm home, you can wet a stick behind it. I travel a lot, plus sometimes in Germantown. I work in the offshore oil business but shoot me a pm and I'll see if I'm home or can make it there. good luck with your search, this one or that one.

bradamerry
04-27-2006, 08:19 AM
If you get to Heber, shoot me a pm. If I'm home, you can wet a stick behind it. I travel a lot, plus sometimes in Germantown. I work in the offshore oil business but shoot me a pm and I'll see if I'm home or can make it there. good luck with your search, this one or that one.
Bret, I will be in Heber or around Heber next week. I'm looking at putting a field saleman up there to cover the rigs in that area. Looks like there could be 40 to 50 rigs running by the end of the year.

Diesel
04-27-2006, 10:56 AM
I am having a hard time understanding why you "want" the 351 over the 350?? Is it just a Ford/Chevy thing??

Considering the advantages of EFI over carb I think you really should drive/research the issue a little further. While I am a die hard GM guy I am also a huge technology junkie and will take the most advanced/reliable option regardless of make. I almost did not buy a MC last year because of their "lack" of affordable technology in the power department compared to the competition.

If you do find an LT1 for a good price you had better snatch it up. One of the best GM engines ever built and if maintained properly will run forever.

Good luck :)

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Eastie:

Will let you know how the 93's look like with a tower, I am getting mine installed on the 5th of May. I will post a picture of it when it is done.

93 Prostart 205

I wish you all the best with it and would love to see pictures, but I just don't have a desire to put a tower on mine. Just not my cup of tea.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM

Man, if Brad doesn't want it ...

Does it have perfect pass?

BrianM
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Bret's boat is a seriously fine looking boat. If you are looking for that vintage and he is selling that would definitely be on the top of the list. He has the best looking gel coat of any boat I have seen including brand new on the showroom floor boats.

That Sammy looks like a nice boat as well. LT1 (with fuel injection) and a Slot. Ford man or GM man I think you would be silly to choose a 351 carb over a 350 with fuel injection. So much better drivability. Looks like a nice price too. Winter Haven is only about a 15 hour ride for you. On the way back you can stop buy and we'll give it a test ride in our lake. It is right on the interstate on your way back.

6ballsisall
04-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Have to agree w/ Brian here. After owning a carb'd boat and now TBI I won't go back. Runs so much smoother, less hassle, and alot better on gas than a carb'd boat. I love flickin the key and having it fire right up and driving away without piddling with a carburetor that needs some warmup.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Have to agree w/ Brian here. After owning a carb'd boat and now TBI I won't go back. Runs so much smoother, less hassle, and alot better on gas than a carb'd boat. I love flickin the key and having it fire right up and driving away without piddling with a carburetor that needs some warmup.

You don't let your tbi warm up? I let all of our boats warm up to operating temp before I put the throttle down, fuel injected or not.

Now Brett says he's made some modifications so I'm wondering what his hp is, but after feeling what 10--15 horsepower (and some torque) did to the overall feel of my boat that started off at 285 hp, I often wonder whether I'd want to drop back down. I realize it doesn't sound like a lot.

As for fuel injection versus carb, all else being equal, I agree it's a no brainer. But since I got my 4160 on there two years ago, it's been a non-issue. I do spend a few bucks extra keeping my fuel stabilized. But it starts quickly and I can wear myself out on the course with a can or so of gas.

All that said, were I to buy another boat, it'd be newer than the one I own. So that pretty much means fuel injected is a given in my case.

BrianM
04-27-2006, 12:59 PM
You don't let your tbi warm up? I let all of our boats warm up to operating temp before I put the throttle down, fuel injected or not.

I think what Jeff was saying is that you don't have to let the thing warm up before you stick it in gear. My '88 ran like a top and started as good as any carbed boat but when you started it up it had to warm up a bit before I could stick it in gear to manuver around the dock etc. With the TBI I turn the key to on for a few seconds to prime the injectors then turn it to start and it fires immediately. No pumping the throttle or anything else. I let the rpms come down of of high idle (about 10-15 sec) and I am able to manuver around the dock, idle around whatever with no worries of a finicky carb cutting out or surging or some other non smooth operation for the first couple of minutes when it is cold.

One of the main reasons I wanted a newer boat was EFI and I couldn't be happier and wouldn't go back to a carb. The EFI is just so silky smooth at idle, speed, starts whatever.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I think what Jeff was saying is that you don't have to let the thing warm up before you stick it in gear. My '88 ran like a top and started as good as any carbed boat but when you started it up it had to warm up a bit before I could stick it in gear to manuver around the dock etc. With the TBI I turn the key to on for a few seconds to prime the injectors then turn it to start and it fires immediately. No pumping the throttle or anything else. I let the rpms come down of of high idle (about 10-15 sec) and I am able to manuver around the dock, idle around whatever with no worries of a finicky carb cutting out or surging or some other non smooth operation for the first couple of minutes when it is cold.

I gotcha. It's a nice luxury to have, no doubt. And if I buy another boat, I'll have it. But it's like the conversation of "Should I pay to convert my carb'd boat to FI." The answer I've heard 9 times out of 10 is to leave it alone, and if you want fuel injection, buy a fuel injected boat. So far, a few throttle pumps and some added moments before I put her in gear hasn't proven inconvenient to me though, at least not enough to want a new boat for that reason alone.

Like I'm fond of saying, I only think about other boats when I'm not on the lake in mine.

Slight threadjack. Took it to a brake place near my office (needs a new master cylinder). One of the guys who works there asked if I was interested in selling it. I asked him if he was making an offer and he looked at it and said he couldn't afford what I'd probably want for it. Made my day.

BrianM
04-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I gotcha. It's a nice luxury to have, no doubt. And if I buy another boat, I'll have it. But it's like the conversation of "Should I pay to convert my carb'd boat to FI." The answer I've heard 9 times out of 10 is to leave it alone, and if you want fuel injection, buy a fuel injected boat. .

Definitely would not convert a carbed boat to EFI. The cost is huge and you can buy a newer boat with fuel injection with less hassle and dollars than converting.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Not something I'm considering, but it gets asked about on here from time to time. But back to the topic at hand, carb or not, I like the Ford in my boat. Nice low end, and I like the GT40 whine. Of course, the 350 Vortec TBI in my Father-in-law's 98 205 is great! Also very nice low end.

BrianM
04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I love my TBI. Plenty of grunt even with the 1:1. Would have loved to have had the Slot but this boat was to nice to pass up. I personally prefer the TBI over the LT1 but I know that many love the LT1 as well. Just didn't want to have to deal with a few of the LT1 quirks that seem to come up. From all my researching the iron block and head TBI is a reliable, silky smooth running, workhorse. So far I am a believer.

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 02:35 PM
The one in my father-in-law's boat is the 308 hp tbi and will rip arms out of the sockets if someone gives you too much throttle on the get up. And it has been bullet proof maintenancewise.

6ballsisall
04-27-2006, 03:12 PM
As Brian said East, that is what I meant. Seems like all the carb'd boats I have been in were just a little cold blooded in the morning even in the best of conditions and tuning. I have no qualms with firing mine up, backing off the trailer immediately and idling out to the ski zone. Friends that have carb'd boats have to let it run on the trailer for a little while before dropping it in gear and moving on their way.

Agreed, the TBI is a silk smooth engine (mine is now that I changed the distributor cap!! :eek: ) I've never been in or driven a LT1 motor but I have to say my little 275hp w/ 1:1 has more than enough giddy-up

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I think the colder the climate, the longer the trailer time is. Around here, it's probably less of an issue. I think 275 with the right prop would no doubt be more than enough. That said, even after the CNC'd prop, that new intake did wonders for the hole shot. Felt like a whole new boat.

bradamerry
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
So I need a Chevy is what you guys are saying. EFI Chevy that is... Hard to do for a die hard FORD man... :(

Ric
04-27-2006, 05:57 PM
So I need a Chevy is what you guys are saying. EFI Chevy that is... Hard to do for a die hard FORD man... :(

Farmer Ted
04-27-2006, 06:01 PM

Don't worry brother,

we can get you some dark glasses, a hat, and start a 12 step group for you !!! :toast:

east tx skier
04-27-2006, 06:13 PM

There are ways to get a fuel injected Ford in a tournament boat. But I cannot recommend them. :eek: Otherwise, if you want Ford, you'll have a carburetor.

bradamerry
04-27-2006, 09:40 PM
There are ways to get a fuel injected Ford in a tournament boat. But I cannot recommend them. :eek: Otherwise, if you want Ford, you'll have a carburetor.
What I want may not be out there. :mad:

6ballsisall
04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Brad you could always buy a boat w/ a scrapped motor and put a Ford Lightning motor in there. It would take the abuse. So would your pocket book at the pump though!

Farmer Ted
04-28-2006, 12:03 AM
What I want may not be out there. :mad:

It's out there, just be patient. It may not have a tower when you buy it but that's an easy fix...

I'll get your a$$ on a road trip!!!

We might have to make a run to MC HQ :eek3:

6ballsisall
04-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Did MC have a fuel injected Ford motor ever?

Wes
04-28-2006, 12:51 AM
With the kids wake boarding and foiling it will be nice to get the boards out of the boat.

Blair
04-28-2006, 02:21 AM
ok excuse the ignorance and the threadjack, but what is a powerslot?

88 PS190
04-28-2006, 03:05 AM
powerslot is a transmission that changes the gear ratio to allow lower rpm but more prop surface = more rpm at slalom speed but more ability to hold speed, or lower speed w/ same ability

BrianM
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM

Unless you want to buy a Nautique! :noface:
Did MC have a fuel injected Ford motor ever?
99.999% sure the answer is no.

Ric
04-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Brad you could always buy a boat w/ a scrapped motor and put a Ford Lightning motor in there. It would take the abuse. So would your pocket book at the pump though!
I know you are kidding but it made me think.... uh oh!!!

isn't the lightning motor and OHC motor? If so, I read somewhere on here that's why pcm switched back to GM too?

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Unless you want to buy a Nautique! :noface:

99.999% sure the answer is no.

That's why I said I could not recommend it. :) The way I understand it, the last Ford in a MC was 93. The only fuel injected option that year was the LT1. After that, it was all fuel injection and no Ford. PCM continued to use the marinized Ford until about 2002 when Ford got out of the marine business.

Ric
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
did ford get out of the marine biz due to the triton design?

bradamerry
04-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I want a 93' anny boat like Steve's...........

Ric
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
yes but hard to find that nice I'm sure. that silver flake one farmer found looks nice

east tx skier
04-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Here's a 93 S&S for you Brad. It's a Ford powered boat in NC. ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-MASTER-CRAFT-Ski-Boat-20-Foot-Prostar-190_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQitemZ4635611 207QQrdZ1)

Of course, it has seen some salt water.

bradamerry
04-28-2006, 11:03 PM
RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please...... ......... :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
04-28-2006, 11:41 PM
B-Rad you have the dollars so the boat will come. If the 93 Anni, LT1 S&S is your dream why go tower? Save your dough, get the boat you want and keep it real. So how long have you been B-Rad? :confused:

bradamerry
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
B-Rad you have the dollars so the boat will come. If the 93 Anni, LT1 S&S is your dream why go tower? Save your dough, get the boat you want and keep it real. So how long have you been B-Rad? :confused:
Awhile with the younger crowd!!!! Some call me the wildman.... :rolleyes: Just thinking about a new ride. I might go with a LT-1 in a 95' or 96'.

Hoosier Bob
04-28-2006, 11:59 PM
With a 20K cap you can get ton of nice rides. The tower can come later.I looked at an X-Star when I bought my 93. It was around 20k three years ago. I think it was a 98 or 99. It looked alot dif from what you see now. It was cool though. A 190 and a Tower to me is like Amonia and Bleach. Go 205 or something so you can get the most out of the wakeboard and still have a decent slalom wake. IMO! :D Awhile with the younger crowd!!!! Some call me the wildman.... :rolleyes: Just thinking about a new ride. I might go with a LT-1 in a 95' or 96'.

east tx skier
04-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Well then, Brad can buy mine and I'll buy Brett's. :)

Hoosier Bob
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a deal! :D

bradamerry
04-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Well then, Brad can buy mine and I'll buy Brett's. :)
I could do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd have your boat.........

Ric
04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Good God man, what are you doing posting here at 4am? :eek:

east tx skier
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Well, let's see if he decides to sell his for the right price. Technically, I'm supposed to let BriEOD know if I ever decide to sell mine. Sort of like Brett's boat, mine isn't really for sale at the moment. But that said, I showed his to my wife and she said we should look at it if he decides to sell. :) It'd be hard to let mine go though.

bradamerry
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Good God man, what are you doing posting here at 4am? :eek:
Getting ready to leave for Talladega. Back to the suite now. Be back at the track by 8am tomorrow..........

Farmer Ted
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Getting ready to leave for Talladega. Back to the suite now. Be back at the track by 8am tomorrow..........

HOld up, I thought the budget was 15.....20 and a 95/96 opens up a whole new market.

stopped into Reeves this afternoon to get some 303, they sold that 97 Sammy 205 for $29,000 I amout $hit myself when he said that

east tx skier
04-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Holy cow! That's a lotta D'oh!

Hoosier Bob
04-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Are you saying B-Rad has shown his hand? I am sure all involved will get a square TX deal! I know you were speaking of the Sammy! Easty, I heard B-Rad had around 5-6k for purchase! Are you still in? Nevermind, go for the 20 large!Holy cow! That's a lotta D'oh!

east tx skier
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't think anyone has shown anything. Mine isn't for sale (at the moment). Nobody's offered me a dime.

Farmer Ted
04-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Holy cow! That's a lotta D'oh!

you should see the sorry shape this boat is it.

if they got 29 for this boat, they should be able to get me 40 for mine...

the swim platform was hard mounted to the boat, but it isn't on straight it angles down about 20 degrees

it's had two towers mounted on it. the first one mounted to the top of the deck so the just threw some tape over the holes and painted them white

the tower that's on it now is mounted to the side of the deck and from the looks of the cracks coming from the mount brackets it looks as though back up plates were not used

they put speakers on the tower and just drilled a 3/4" hole through the lid to get the wires out (it's cracking too)

I guess since they put a tower on they didn't feel a need for the sky pylon so it's been removed (but the hole is still there)

east tx skier
04-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Amazing what some folks do to perfectly goood boats. I'll say this, it's gonna take a special boat to make me seriously consider selling mine. I just got it like I want it.

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Amazing what some folks do to perfectly goood boats. I'll say this, it's gonna take a special boat to make me seriously consider selling mine. I just got it like I want it.
It's mine now Eastie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme my boat....... :banana:

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Easy there wildman! ;) Let's see how this all pans out. We got all the time in the world.

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Easy there wildman! ;) Let's see how this all pans out. We got all the time in the world.
yes sir.................

Look @ this baby............ :headbang:

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/2/82906172.htm

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Hee hee, you don't miss much. I emailed 'em about it last night just for grins. Looks to have a serious seam rip in the vinyl on the o-seat. Plus, that's too rich for my blood. Book is $14.5.

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 01:45 PM
you better hurry and find something, I need my new boat!!!!!!! :uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
If anything, it'll be a long drawn out process. So far, the only one that has peaked my interest has been Bret's. But with that, it'd have to be (1) the right deal, and (2) actually for sale. Otherwise, I'm sticking with what I got.

Ric
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Hee hee, you don't miss much. I emailed 'em about it last night just for grins. Looks to have a serious seam rip in the vinyl on the o-seat. Plus, that's too rich for my blood. Book is $14.5.
good luck getting a callback from over there :mad:

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 11:31 PM
good luck getting a callback from over there :mad:

That right? Oh well. They seem a little too attached to it for my taste anyway.

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Ric, whattayaknow, they called me about 15 minutes ago. 800+ hours. No rip in the o-seat (shadow in the pic). The guy was a new salesperson and told me that older MCs have stopped depreciating and are, in some instances, appreciating.

I was so close to saying,

"So I guess I should just keep mine if that's the case."

Maybe I'll swing by to check it out next time I'm in Houston. The list price isn't really coaxing me to do it though.

bret
05-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon - staying put so the boat stays as well. Money and schedule just couldn't come together to my and my wifes satisfaction.

Good luck with finding a boat Brad, I'm going to wax mine this afternoon.

bradamerry
05-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Good afternoon - staying put so the boat stays as well. Money and schedule just couldn't come together to my and my wifes satisfaction.

Glad to hear you are staying. I will be in central Arkansas Thursday working. My job may need me to move up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

east tx skier
05-08-2006, 03:34 PM

Well, I guess that means I'm keeping my boat, too. Bret, my wife thinks you have a great looking boat. We looked at the pictures over and over and decided that if it went up for sale, we'd want to have a look. But short of your boat becoming available, we were keeping ours.

All for the best. Good luck on your boat search Brad. :)

bradamerry
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Good luck on your boat search Brad. :)

Now Brandy doesn't want a newer boat???? I'm about to give up :( .

east tx skier
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Why the long face? Save the money for gas. You have a 100% new interior as it stands right now and a great boat to go with it. Throw a tower and maybe some GT40 heads on that boat (C'mon, ya know you want to. :)) and hit the water.

/edit. What about that boat in Houston? I talked to the dealer that's got it up for sale. He said he'd make me a good deal on it. I'm passing on it for reasons not having anything to do with its overall apparent quality, but it might be worth a phone call.

bradamerry
05-08-2006, 05:05 PM
We went out yesterday. Boat is getting plenty of use. I still haven't made my mind up about the tower. I would be better off using that cash for some laser eye surgery for Brandy.