PDA

View Full Version : Chicago 'Burbs MC Owners

Rockman
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Just a quick shout out to a see if a couple of MasterCraft owners I have seen in the SW burbs were members here?

1.-Orange X-45 located in McKenna Woods in Plainfield

2.-Red 197 formerly located in McKenna Woods in Plainfield

3.-Blue ProStar 190 seen on Black Road in Joliet

4.-White Expedition seen with MasterCraft sticker in Plainfield

5.-Green Explorer seen with MasterCraft sticker in Plainfield

6.-Does anyone know who owns the house on the "pond" at I55 just north of Renwick (East Side of I55)? I think this would be a good pond for a slalom course of for wakeboarding off a jet ski

7.-White/Red ProStar 190 seen around Caton Farm and Drauden area

Drop me a line if any of you belong to the board. :toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Lot's of MC's in Plainfield. Surprising with no lakes around.....;)

Rockman
04-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Lot's of MC's in Plainfield. Surprising with no lakes around.....;)

Treu but plenty of rivers and private lakes.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I was over that way yesterday, it looks like there is a "MARINA" off the stevenson just south of 30. What waterway is near that? And is that a dealer of some sort?

bkblaida
04-28-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll add to the Chicago MC contingent. 97 PS 205 in Naperville. Always looking for a close place to ski ...... most of the time we trailer to Shelbyville.

Rockman
04-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I was over that way yesterday, it looks like there is a "MARINA" off the stevenson just south of 30. What waterway is near that? And is that a dealer of some sort?

I think that is just a shop. Closest waterway probably is either a handful of private lakes and then the Illinois River just south a few miles.

Rockman
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I'll add to the Chicago MC contingent. 97 PS 205 in Naperville. Always looking for a close place to ski ...... most of the time we trailer to Shelbyville.

Where is Shelbyville and how oftern to you go out there?

peason
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
About 4- 5 hrs south of Chicago. Down in Corn Country! South of Decatur, IL

MasterCrafting
04-28-2006, 12:05 PM
North Burbs Representin right here~~~....

Red Prostar 190...working on getting a sticker for the car...but i'm kind of lazy. I'm on paddock lake when i ski down here...45 mins from my house, not a bad deal. We go up after school somtimes...Otherwise i'm up north in Wisco...

88 PS190
04-29-2006, 05:21 AM
In La Grange, but boat hasn't come down from traverse city. might have more season, but no nice clear water.

André
04-29-2006, 05:31 AM
May need a pull in Chicago around May 20 to 24.
Suppose to go for the job...
Will have more details next week and hope to meet for a beer and a set!

stevo137
04-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Andre! Great news!
Count me in...

Workin' 4 Toys
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Count me in too. For the beer that is.... Steve is one hard individual to make plans with, let me tell you....;)

stevo137
04-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Count me in too. For the beer that is.... Steve is one hard individual to make plans with, let me tell you....;)
Hey, we did finally meet my friend and it was a pleasure!
Just too bad it was such a crappy day.
Can you believe how dirty it was at that marina? I had to use wax to remove it. It's a good place for storage but I won't launch there anymore and it's getting too difficult to get in there for gas too.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, we did finally meet my friend and it was a pleasure!
Just too bad it was such a crappy day.
Can you believe how dirty it was at that marina? I had to use wax to remove it. It's a good place for storage but I won't launch there anymore and it's getting too difficult to get in there for gas too.
I don't remember there being any beer there...;)

awsgman
04-30-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm in Crest Hill and have a '96 prostar 205. 40 min. away in Seneca we run the Ill. river. We ski and barefoot early AM then beach or anchor to swim and party with friends. Its a great pool between locks in Morris to Marsales. Three resturants and bars. The small lake you have seen of I55 is privite and I have seen a Nautique in it, poor guy. Our boat has small teal and small black stripe if you see us stop and say HI !!

erkoehler
05-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Andre, let me know....I'll be back from Mag Mania on Sunday, so could possibly pull you on Monday/Tuesday.

Britt
05-08-2006, 11:49 PM
John...Eric...come ski Wednesday

erkoehler
05-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I could possibly ski Wednesday....who's heading out?

Britt
05-09-2006, 12:58 AM
joel and I. Anyone else who wants to ski.

erkoehler
05-09-2006, 12:59 AM
HEY, you owe me $20! I'll be there to collect :)

Rockman
05-09-2006, 02:23 PM
John...Eric...come ski Wednesday

Thanks for the offer but I am booked for Wednesday :(

I don't think I'll be able to get out...possibly Saturday am may work :confused:

ps-A little late for Jan's Fans Sunday Britt?

Britt
05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes. Just a little. I got so damn sick at the bar. A lot of old friends showed up from high school and started buying me martinis left and right. I myself being the dumb *** excepted and drank all of them and as they say the rest is history. :friday:

gmille39
05-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Any MC owners in the Northern 'Burbs near the Chain 'O Lakes?

TOO-TALL
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I live in Bourbonnais(Kankakee area) IL 1 hour south of Chicago and ride on the Kankakee river, Lake Clinton or IL river or shelbyville ,heck I'll ride anywhere.And am always looking for a second or third.The Kankakee has good water during the week after work, gets alittle busy on the weekends.I just bought a 03' X-2 and love it.
Anybody intrested give me a shout.

Later

Workin' 4 Toys
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Not me, but go through there in the winter...;)

dmeeker-tt
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi Guys,

I live in Bourbonnais(Kankakee area) IL 1 hour south of Chicago and ride on the Kankakee river, Lake Clinton or IL river or shelbyville ,heck I'll ride anywhere.And am always looking for a second or third.The Kankakee has good water during the week after work, gets alittle busy on the weekends.I just bought a 03' X-2 and love it.
Anybody intrested give me a shout.

Later
Next time you head down to Clinton, let me know. I've got a private lake in Farmer City with a pro shop on it. We're about to finish another turn island which will give us two different slalom courses. I've also got some friends that are supposed to be building sliders that they want to put in the lake. Stop by and check us out.

www.theliquidedge.com

stevo137
05-18-2006, 08:23 AM
OK boys, Andre will be in the west burbs next Monday-Wednesday and can get together Tuesday night starting about 5:00.
Anyone?

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
OK boys, Andre will be in the west burbs next Monday-Wednesday and can get together Tuesday night starting about 5:00.
Anyone?
Possibly, where?

stevo137
05-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Possibly, where?
He mentioned beer, wings, sports bar. Any ideas Toys?

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2006, 09:21 AM
He mentioned beer, wings, sports bar. Any ideas Toys?
HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

stevo137
05-18-2006, 09:40 AM
HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, where's the closest one to Elk Grove? Schaumburg?

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Yep, where's the closest one to Elk Grove? Schaumburg?
Off the top of my head...
Hooters of Aurora
Hooters of Downers Grove
Hooters of Orland Park
Hooters of Oak Lawn
Hooters of Schaumburg
Hooters of O'Hare
Hooters of Lansing
Hooters of Crystal Lake

André
05-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes guys,i will be in Elk Groove next week! :dance: and Hooters sounds good or any sports bar will do!
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys! :toast:
Thuesday is really my only night out as i get there late Monday and leave Wednesday right after the seminar finish.
I'll be staying at the Best Western in Elk Groove so a place near that would be nice ,not sure i want to drive my rental car too far ... :toast:
Hope to see you guys,I'll buy the food!!!

daveg
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM

gmille39....where are you located? I don't have a MasterCraft YET. But I would love to get a classic Star's & Stripes someday. I do ski quite a bit at a private site near Island Lake and live in Cary near Crystal Lake.

erkoehler
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Rockman wants to meet at the Downers Grove location, I'm in for where ever as long as I don't have to work.

stevo137
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Guys, it looks like Schaumburg would be the best for Andre. He is a visitor in our country and let's do what's best for him, OK?
I'm in, make it happen...

Workin' 4 Toys
05-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Sorry, if its tuesday, I can't make it.

Unless I wrap things up early.....

stevo137
05-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Andre, PM your way with my phone #. I'm in, Tuesday around 5:00.

stevo137
05-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey! I'm a MANIAC! 8p

sizzler
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
we know....we know

keep up the good work :uglyhamme

daveg
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Boy, MasterCraft is just selling the begeezus out of the X-Stars pickleforks up here in the far Northwest suburbs of Chicago. Coming home from skiing this afternoon, I passed two X-Stars (white/red rear-end and black/silver flake sides), and then an X-45 that was dark gray with a silver rear-end all within a minute of each other. Their everywhere up here! Spotted them along Rawson Bridge Road in Cary along the Fox River.

André
05-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Off to the Airport.Should be in Chicago tonight and meet Stevo137 tomorrow night.Will post the location of the meeting tomorrow if anybody want to join us,they're more then Welcome...

stevo137
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Yep, safe trip Andre. Call me.

André
05-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Tried to call you stevo but no answers.Will try again tomorrow in the A.M.
Hope you can still make it! :toast:
Take care!
By the way ,your PM box is full!

erkoehler
05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
What's the meeting place?

André
05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
What's the meeting place?
Don t know yet.Gonna have to talk with stevo137 tomorrow.
You re coming?
Is Elk groove far from you?
I m about 10 minutes from o hare airport...

erkoehler
05-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Don t know yet.Gonna have to talk with stevo137 tomorrow.
You re coming?
Is Elk groove far from you?
I m about 10 minutes from o hare airport...

It all depends on the time.....I have to get my boat cleaned for the new owner.

Unless you want to come out to St. Charles to ski? That would be about 1 hour drive time for you from Elk Grove.

stevo137
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Andre! no worries my friend, had "ballroom dancing" tonight. :rolleyes:
Sorry I missed your call. Got your cell and will call you in the am.
I'm good for tomorrow.
C'mon guys, join us for a few.

erkoehler
05-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Andre! no worries my friend, had "ballroom dancing" tonight. :rolleyes:
Sorry I missed your call. Got your cell and will call you in the am.
I'm good for tomorrow.
C'mon guys, join us for a few.

I'd join if it were going to be for a set on the water......BYOB to my boat in St. Charles.

André
05-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Had a few Sam Adams with Stevo137 last night,great guy.
Wish he would have been with Mrs Stevo137!
J/K stevo,it was great meeting you and you are a real gentleman !
Hope i can make it to MM fall edition to see you again.
Take care and thanks for the shirt! :steering:

stevo137
05-24-2006, 08:59 AM
It was a pleasure Andre! Enjoyed it and the sights were very good at Shoeless Joes I might add!
Anyway, Andre is a great guy, I can't imagine the two of us together when both of us can really drink!
You guys missed out on meeting a very cool dude.
We were talking about the possibility of Mania in Sept. he could fly into Indy (I drive right by the airport on the way down) and pick him up, go to Mania and get crazy!
Sounds like a plan Stan. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. Had a 3:00PM appointment on the southside I couldn't break.:(

André
05-25-2006, 12:52 PM
It was a pleasure Andre! Enjoyed it and the sights were very good at Shoeless Joes I might add!
Anyway, Andre is a great guy, I can't imagine the two of us together when both of us can really drink!
You guys missed out on meeting a very cool dude.
We were talking about the possibility of Mania in Sept. he could fly into Indy (I drive right by the airport on the way down) and pick him up, go to Mania and get crazy!
Sounds like a plan Stan. :D
Hope i can make it!Too bad you couldn't make it W4T!
We "skipped school" yesterday PM and went to the Woodfield Mall(Never saw so much good looking girls in my life!Guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the ...border!)to buy couples of things,that place is huge!Almost bought a Sony tv at 13 000 $!Saw a place that was selling all kind of sports pictures,baseballs and bats,footballs helmets,all that stuff signed by great players.
But really only got myself a nice Sideline Official NFL hat of the Bears...Saving my pennies for MM 2.5 hopefully!
Take care!

Workin' 4 Toys
05-25-2006, 02:15 PM
YESTERDAY...... Now you guys didn't say anything about yesterday!!

Rockman
07-27-2006, 06:00 PM
BUMP...

Anyone skiing in the SW Burbs this weekend and need a third? Drop me a PM.

Thought we were heading up north this weekend but plans have changed. Would still like to get on the H20.

Take it easy...

cbryan70
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
we most def all need to try to get together for a day out with some beer...aka alot of beers and some sets. Elgin fox has a slalom course but really no place to dock which may be a problem. If we tried for early may i have a friend right on the river we could dock 2 boats there and anchor the rest for a big boat party

Doug Meeker
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Just to throw out an idea and a plug for our set up. If you wanted to head south to Farmer City. We could put together something for a Mastercraft TT outing. No need to bring your boat, unless you wanted to head down to Clinton Lake for an extra day. Bring your ski and/or board. Hit the water, hang out, whatever.

Give me a call or send an e-mail if you want to put something together.

We had a group from The Malibu Crew put together a mini-reunion and spend a day last fall. They came from Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Colorado, and Ohio. They are starting to plan a couple trips this summer. Even though we are Mastercraft, they had a great time.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

TOO-TALL
03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Just to throw out an idea and a plug for our set up. If you wanted to head south to Farmer City. We could put together something for a Mastercraft TT outing. No need to bring your boat, unless you wanted to head down to Clinton Lake for an extra day. Bring your ski and/or board. Hit the water, hang out, whatever.

Give me a call or send an e-mail if you want to put something together.

We had a group from The Malibu Crew put together a mini-reunion and spend a day last fall. They came from Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Colorado, and Ohio. They are starting to plan a couple trips this summer. Even though we are Mastercraft, they had a great time.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

Hey Doug,
How deep is your lake??
Your event sounds like fun....I will be at Lake Clinton April 1 thats the first day the DNR opens the warm side for the season.

TOO-TALL

erkoehler
03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
We will be out in St. Charles tomorrow if anyone is interested!

Doug Meeker
03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey Doug,
How deep is your lake??
Your event sounds like fun....I will be at Lake Clinton April 1 thats the first day the DNR opens the warm side for the season.

TOO-TALL

Our lake is 22 - 24 foot deep. Typically you can see your ski or board under water when you are in the middle of the lake. The shorelines get cloudy from the wakes.

If you make it to Clinton, give me a call. We should be back in the shop on April 1st.

If there is interest in having an event down here. Let's start putting the details together.

gmille39
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Just a quick shout out to a see if a couple of MasterCraft owners I have seen in the SW burbs were members here?

1.-Orange X-45 located in McKenna Woods in Plainfield

2.-Red 197 formerly located in McKenna Woods in Plainfield

3.-Blue ProStar 190 seen on Black Road in Joliet

4.-White Expedition seen with MasterCraft sticker in Plainfield

5.-Green Explorer seen with MasterCraft sticker in Plainfield

6.-Does anyone know who owns the house on the "pond" at I55 just north of Renwick (East Side of I55)? I think this would be a good pond for a slalom course of for wakeboarding off a jet ski

7.-White/Red ProStar 190 seen around Caton Farm and Drauden area

Drop me a line if any of you belong to the board. :toast:

I'm up in the Chain O' Lakes and Fox River.

Rockman
05-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm up in the Chain O' Lakes and Fox River.

Erk and the crew for Chicago MC are up there all the time and have some boats on lifts for demos, etc.

gmille39
05-15-2007, 05:35 PM
gmille39....where are you located? I don't have a MasterCraft YET. But I would love to get a classic Star's & Stripes someday. I do ski quite a bit at a private site near Island Lake and live in Cary near Crystal Lake.

I'm in Spring Grove and dock the boat in Antioch, near Fox and Pistake. Will be making a few trips to Broken Orr soon. Blarney Island also.

clemlochner
05-19-2007, 04:35 AM
Rockman, I'm a little south of Plainfield at theodore and rte 59. I've got a black 1991 Prostar 190 and a sticker on my chevy truck. Looking for a place to put it in. I'm going to check out the river down by morris. Has anyone been down there?

Rockman
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Rockman, I'm a little south of Plainfield at theodore and rte 59. I've got a black 1991 Prostar 190 and a sticker on my chevy truck. Looking for a place to put it in. I'm going to check out the river down by morris. Has anyone been down there?

Clem,

I am about 2 minutes from your house, Drauden between Theodore and Caton Farm. :D

We have a black 2500HD with a Mastercraft and Barefoot stickers on it.

A friend of mine puts her boat in at Morris and says it is good. Not too shallow and if you get there early, there aren't too many people. I have not been there yet but wouldn't mind making the trip.

Sassy Dog is in Minooka and I foot with him from time to time.

Drop me a PM and we'll talk further...

PaulW
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
gmille39, I am docked at the boaken oar, if ever I get my lift in. I am the yellow XStar just off the main river, look me up when you come down to the oar and will do some boarding or skiing.

erkoehler
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
gmille39, I am docked at the boaken oar, if ever I get my lift in. I am the yellow XStar just off the main river, look me up when you come down to the oar and will do some boarding or skiing.

How was May Days? I saw you coming home on 12 last night....nice rig :)

PaulW
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey Eric,
Thanks, its a little long, the XStar looks good back there.

Good times, windy on Sat calmed down later in the day for a nice ride.
Very loud on Sat night till the sun came up, man those guys like to party. These boats have nice stereos, but not so nice at 4 am

I took Curt out on my boat sun morning after two hrs of sleep, a lot of beer, and riding on 8 boats on sat. MAN that guy can throw down some tricks on a wakeboard, fun to see. I don't think anybody charges gas money to that guy.
Used my new prop on sat. I think Mark was throwing logs in the river to help in the prop department.:purplaugh :

Rockman
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM

I think I saw you a few weeks back passing through the new subdivision behind Target. I was towing the Blue 214 to the house.

Do you have a black 1500 Silverado?

Have you been out on the water much this summer?

Rockman
08-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I saw a grey / silver SUV in Plianfield on Route 30 new the frontage road about a week back with a Mastercraft Sticker on the back window...IL license plate said

"MoWake1"

Anyone on the board?

Rockman
09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe a few fellow TMCers seen in the South West burbs over the last couple days:

1.A red/burgundy Jeep Grand Cherokee seen on LaGrange Road in Paols Thursday night (8/30/07). I white Mastercraft sticker on the rear window.

2.-A white Maristar seen heading south on Rt47 thru Yorkville early Saturday am (7ish)

3.-A Red and white PS190 or 197 with a tower is at the local canvas place on Rt30 in Plainfield. IL tags on it.

Anyone from the board?

MasterCrafting
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
all the lakes still closed back home? Before i left for school all the lakes were closedddddddd damn rain.

daytrip
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Future MC owner up in Rockford. Use to have a Malibu but probably doing the switch. Plan on going to the ILL river some and maybe up toward Madison. Havent' been on the Fox.......is it any good? Any other good places to go around here?

erkoehler
10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Future MC owner up in Rockford. Use to have a Malibu but probably doing the switch. Plan on going to the ILL river some and maybe up toward Madison. Havent' been on the Fox.......is it any good? Any other good places to go around here?

Stop in at Chicago MasterCraft, we'll set you up with that new boat and let you know all the sweet spots to ride!

Eric

LQ9Lover
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Or just hop on I-90 and make the easy trip up to Madison to Redline. We are just 5 minutes off I-90.

Have a great day and finding your MasterCraft is going to be a blast. Be sure to check www.redlinewatersports.com for an up to date selection on all your options.

Mike

Doug Meeker
10-04-2007, 08:26 PM
One more option...go south and head to the Clinton Lake and check out The Liquid Edge on our own private lake.

Sorry, Had to jump on with the rest of the guys. Seriously everybody is great. Enjoy your new boat.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

NicoleD
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
My two boys (13 & 11) have taken lessons from Doug in the past few weeks and he is AWESOME! The boys can't wait to go back for their next wakeboarding runs.

Doug has a great private lake and his pro shop has some wonderful equipment...we just purchased 2 pairs of bindings for our wakeboards and are looking forward to using them.

If you're ever in the Central IL area, it is worth the drive to go to Farmer City and check out The Liquid Edge.

Nicole

Doug Meeker
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
My two boys (13 & 11) have taken lessons from Doug in the past few weeks and he is AWESOME! The boys can't wait to go back for their next wakeboarding runs.

Doug has a great private lake and his pro shop has some wonderful equipment...we just purchased 2 pairs of bindings for our wakeboards and are looking forward to using them.

If you're ever in the Central IL area, it is worth the drive to go to Farmer City and check out The Liquid Edge.

Nicole

Thanks for the kind words. It has been alot of fun this year. Come out anytime.

Doug

Rockman
07-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Driving back from our cottage on Monday afternoon and we saw a Red X-7 with Tower heading south on I94 into GermanTown / Milwaukee area...being towed with a blue Ford Expedition (Wisconsin plates)

In Plainfield on Tuesday, saw an older Ford Minivan (black and tan) with a MasterCraft and an Arctic Cat sticker on the back window.

These belong to anyone on the board here?

Rockman
06-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Saw an early 80s all white with blue stickers 190 being pulled northbound on I55 near I355 yesterday around 5:30pm.

Was this anyone on the board here?

Boardfreak_205V
06-26-2014, 02:20 PM
I live in Lansing, IL 1999 MC 205V white tan and green she's not starting right now, but I used to go out to Ottawa a few times a year and she gets used in Koontz Lake, IN the rest of the time with a trip or two to Lake Shelbyville, IL every year.

zamboniman
07-22-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm on Pistakee on the chain.

swatguy
07-28-2014, 09:35 AM
I live in Lansing, IL 1999 MC 205V white tan and green she's not starting right now, but I used to go out to Ottawa a few times a year and she gets used in Koontz Lake, IN the rest of the time with a trip or two to Lake Shelbyville, IL every year.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiike

What's up