PDA

View Full Version : 1st Weekend Out

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Took the ol' Tristar out for a weekend of fun.

Got out on Friday afternoon, put on the shorty and jumped right in. Should have left the shorty off, as it made it colder than without. Water was a bit chilly upon entry and then was quite nice after about 30 seconds. The wife had a great set and did the Yea Me dance upon arrival back in the boat.

Saturday morning, after tuning up one of the smokers I did a little hunting. There was a 4 foot Water Moccasin swimming around the dock. I ran up to the house, grabbed the 20 gauge and started hunting. 1st shot missed, I guess, because he popped up a minute or two later, second shot didn't get him either and the games began to unfold. I only had 3 shells and according to mythbusters, the water was acting as a shield for Mr. No Shoulders. So I left my perch on the sea wall and cruised onto the dock. Now, this was one smart snake. He would swim between the dock and the Tristar, knowing I wouldn't shoot him there. Finally, I waited him out and he swam away from the dock with his beadie little head about 6 inches out of the water. I took aim, and from about a foot behind his head blasted him. In the process, managed to soak myself and the dock. I saw snake bits floating around so I know I got him.

Went on to post a new personal best 4 bouys @ 15 off @ 38 MPH :firejump: ( man I need perfect pass bad).

In the process of skiing, the starter was dragging and finally the solenoid burnt up. Well off to the auto parts store to get a quick fix and fired her back up.

Sunday tried to get the wife up on a slalom, but after two days of skiing her arms were shot. Ran the course a couple times more, couldn't tell you at which speed I ran it (once again a need for PP)

All in all it was a good weekend, My shoulders are sun burnt, my leg is bruised from the spray and I can hardly lift my arms. Can't wait until next time out.

Sorry no pics, the wife left the camera at home. :o

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Congrats on the PB!!! :banana: 38 mph?????? :confused:

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Congrats on the PB!!! :banana: 38 mph?????? :confused:

Thanks, I think....Sissies run 36.

When I asked the wife how fast she was going she told me 3000 rpms. I know that translates to 38 mph. What a wicked fall I took going for the 5 ball.

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM

Your a better man than I!! :steering: Could you feel the difference between speeds?

erkoehler
04-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Next time you run the course at 38, let me know, I'll come down and foot next to you :)

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Next time you run the course at 38, let me know, I'll come down and foot next to you :)

What.... you can't run the course on your two barefeet??? Woosy!! :uglyhamme

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 11:44 AM
It was pretty hot. The one ball wasn't so bad, but crossing the wake after the 4 ball about killed me.

phecksel
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM

When I asked the wife how fast she was going she told me 3000 rpms. I know that translates to 38 mph. What a wicked fall I took going for the 5 ball.
You sure about that speed / rpm? Seems fast for that RPM.

Get the perfect pass. It makes it a no brainer, but will also spoil you too :)

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM

I am going to try and avoid that in the future.

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
You sure about that speed / rpm? Seems fast for that RPM.

Get the perfect pass. It makes it a no brainer, but will also spoil you too :)

Checked it out several times that weekend, if the speedos are anywhere near accurate then that is right.

G-man
04-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade but I have never seen an inboard ski boat go 38 mph at 3000 rpm's usally your at about 30mph. Your speedo's could be need adjustment. It could also be I have never been on your boat and it runs like a scalded dog.

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
What prop are you running?

LakePirate
04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I thought it was strange as well, but top end is 46 mph and that is what they would show at WOT. I guess I will have to break out the ol' stop watch.

On top of that, it was way faster holding onto the end of the rope than at 34 mph behind the neighbors 197 with PP.

jimmer2880
04-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Sounds like fun. Personally, I use a .410 for snake hunting around my dock. Not as much powder if something goes wrong (lots of rocks on my bank).

38 mph! WOW! I can't ski the course at 36 mph! Guess I'm a whoosy :D

Until you get PP, pick up a stop watch from overtons & tune your speedo's. (that reminds me - I need to pickup batteries for mine).

pkskier
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I have an '87 TriStar and the MPH is usually close to the RPMs. If you are turning 3000 RPMs it should be close to 30 MPH.

PendO
04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
you had me at "snake in the water" gdmit do I HATE snakes ... especially ones that go in the water ... ugh, creeping me out as I write this

jrcarte78
04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
LP, sorry for the jack... What happened to Bacardi and Cola Guy?