PDA

View Full Version : Alert beep that won't stop!!!!

rabooze
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I am not sure what is the cause of this, but I took the boat out for the first time this afternoon. Everytime I would run for any time at half throttle or more, when I would come back to stop, and have the boat just in gear, an annoying beeping sound overtakes my speakers and the only way I can get it to stop is to turn the boat off and then back on. It happened even when I was just cruising around (ie just putting the boat in gear) Hopefully MYMC will see this thread because this was happening last summer and I told the MC Charlotte folks about it and they said it was a loose battery connection. The batter connection is not loose now, I can promise you I tightened it to the max. Help anyone????

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry I can't help you there, but here is a free bump to the top...

JimN??????????????

PendO
04-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I am not sure what is the cause of this, but I took the boat out for the first time this afternoon. Everytime I would run for any time at half throttle or more, when I would come back to stop, and have the boat just in gear, an annoying beeping sound overtakes my speakers and the only way I can get it to stop is to turn the boat off and then back on. It happened even when I was just cruising around (ie just putting the boat in gear) Hopefully MYMC will see this thread because this was happening last summer and I told the MC Charlotte folks about it and they said it was a loose battery connection. The batter connection is not loose now, I can promise you I tightened it to the max. Help anyone????

did you notice what your oil pressure guage was reading?

rabooze
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
It seemed normal, around 30 I believe, and there was no check engine light on either.

MYMC
04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Battery voltage?
I remember this from last year...sort of. Let me know what we can do to help.

rabooze
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I brought my boat in for winterization in December and I think that is what you guys said. I am not sure how to correct it. The batteries are all fully charged. I have two set up, one that is hooked up to the amp only, and then the regular one for starting and such. The beeping is coming on much more frequently than in the past. What is a corrective measure to take? The voltage was good all day, accroding to the gauge.

Diesel
04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Isn't this a ground issue??

Run a new ground from the MDC back to the battery and see if it goes away.

teamstreng
04-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I had a similar problem last year. I thought it was a voltage indicator, but turned out to be an alarm connected with oil pressure, if I remember correctly. It was a simple find and fix for the local dealer after they hooked up their computer. Good luck.

MYMC
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Give Joe a call here at the shop, and we'll get this figured out.

jimmer2880
04-25-2006, 06:15 AM
I'm not saying it's not the oil pressure alarm (because, it probably is), but you may also want to make sure it's not your depth finder (if you have one). Mine chirps when I turn the boat on. Perhaps yours is stuck?

Jerseydave
04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
I had a steady beep when my battery voltage was low..........I had the stereo on for a while, then the stereo turned itself off and the beep started......I think it was coming through the speakers.

I charged up my battery (I have only one) and no more problem.

I would suspect it's your battery powering the stereo that is the problem. Try recharging it or at least disonnect it and run the boat. If the beep disappears, your battery is the cause. (How old are they?)

PendO
04-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm not saying it's not the oil pressure alarm (because, it probably is), but you may also want to make sure it's not your depth finder (if you have one). Mine chirps when I turn the boat on. Perhaps yours is stuck?

or set at incorrect depth warning?

rabooze
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I will check the charge on the battery to the amp, but I am not sure how this would cause a warning over the speakers. The battery that is the main one that the voltage gauge gets a read off of is fine. Why would the warning only come on in the following situations:

1) When the boats is placed in gear and just putting along. After a fwe minutes of this, it was coming on.

2) After running at 10+ MPH, when I would bring it back down to an almost idle speed (just in gear) it would go off

PS: MYMC, I called and left a VM for Joe. Waiting to hear back.

teamstreng
04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Your symptoms and the times of the symptoms seem very similar to my oil pressure issue last year. Probably the only way to stop the beeping is to turn the key off and restart and it doesn't probably do this all the time, just when it is most inconvenient? Keep us posted and good luck!

rabooze
04-26-2006, 01:03 PM
THat is exactly the only way to make it stop. I have to turn the boat off, then start it back.

Jerseydave
04-26-2006, 09:08 PM
I will check the charge on the battery to the amp, but I am not sure how this would cause a warning over the speakers. The battery that is the main one that the voltage gauge gets a read off of is fine. Why would the warning only come on in the following situations:

1) When the boats is placed in gear and just putting along. After a fwe minutes of this, it was coming on.

2) After running at 10+ MPH, when I would bring it back down to an almost idle speed (just in gear) it would go off

PS: MYMC, I called and left a VM for Joe. Waiting to hear back.

Only happens at idle or slow engine speed......sounds like beep is being triggered by either low oil pressure or low voltage (alternator spinning slowly)

bsimpson
04-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I have the same problem... mine is the low voltage alarm... if you look on the display in the center of the billet guage on my X-Star it reads "LOW VOLTAGE". I also have two batteries (actually added a third). When I have the perko switch set to "Battery 1" and I start running the boat it will surely make the alarm go on... when switched to "Battery 2" or "Both" I have no problem. I had both batteries checked out and they were fine... it probably has something to do with the grounding (which the mechanics also checked). Now I just run the boat on "Both" and don't worry about it. When I stop I switch to one battery or the other.

rabooze
05-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I talked to my local MC dealer about this and they felt it was the low voltage warning as there is no check engine light on and the gauges all check out when it comes on. I charged both batteries to full before going out yesterday and had no problem for the first hour or so. Then it came on about 4 times in a row. I then had a hard run for 30-40 minutes getting away from a storm and every time I backed down on the throttle, it did not come on. I am guessing something is wrong with the alternator. Frustrating to say the least.