PDA

View Full Version : Too cold for four year old

hleepert
04-23-2006, 06:12 PM
My four and half year old who just started talking in December has learned much by being on the boat last year. His first words were daddy ski which of course melted my heart. He found a ski handle and started to mimic his brother and sister skiing, wakeboardign and kneeboarding. We started skiing a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to get into the act so I took some pictures of his style of warm weather water sports.

The first is the ski start. He can now say "GO BOAT!

hleepert
04-23-2006, 06:13 PM
This is his ski position

hleepert
04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Knee board

hleepert
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
This is the most impressive to me. He spoke almost entirely in sign language last summer but he absorbed everything we were doing behind the boat. No one every taught him the 360 terminology but he grabs the handle jumps and does a spin saying 360! Can't wait to get him on the water when it warms up.

JLeuck64
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I used to pull my kids up and down the hallway on those oversize kids books they sell. The book covers are slick as ice on a shag carpet. The kids would kneel down on a book and hang onto the handle while Dad ran up and down the hall. They would giggle for as long as my legs would hold up ( =

As they got older I put them on a knee board and ran up and down the shore line. Once again they had the time of their lives until I started sucking wind ( =

Looking back it all started on a cold and rainy winter day, but I can't help but notice how quickly they progressed once they were old enough to get behind the boat.

Must have been good cross training for em!

ski_king
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
That is great!
Keep us informed with his progress!

bcampbe7
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
That's awesome!
Keep up the good work!

Leroy
04-23-2006, 09:38 PM
That's great Hleepert! Everyone blooms at different rates! I know my kids could not focus on any water sports at that age, but they all learned to snow ski between 3-4.I think we are going to see some great pic later this summer!

jimmer2880
04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
That is just awesome! It's amazing how much they absorb when you don't think they are paying attention.

hleepert
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I hope to have many pics to post this summer. I need to get my spotters trained with the digital camera as it is hard to drive and shoot at the same time.