PDA

View Full Version : womens ski recomendation

rodltg2
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
i want to teach my girlfriend to slalom ski before she gets to attached to the wakeboard. last summer she tried a few times on a ho shaped wide ski but didnt succeed. of course she decided to try the wakeboard and she can get up for a little while. before she takes to it i want to give the slalom ski another chance.. the ho wide ski i have think is too big. any ideas ? she is about 5'7" 110lbs. i was thinking maybe a junior ski..

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 03:15 PM
What about starting her on the boom? Sorry, I don't have any ski recommendations.

rodltg2
04-23-2006, 03:19 PM
i should do that , actually she barefooted last summer off the boom! i still need to get her a ski because the bindings are way to big on the HO and it's my dads ski so i cant change out the binding..

bcampbe7
04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
I bought my wife a HO Odyssey with double Venoms a couple years ago and she loves it. She is not too agressive of a skier, so this ski fits her well.

Here is one from Redline WaterSports!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7234544378&category=71174

rodltg2
04-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I bought my wife a HO Odyssey with double Venoms a couple years ago and she loves it. She is not too agressive of a skier, so this ski fits her well.

Here is one from Redline WaterSports!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7234544378&category=71174

that one looks perfect, off to the store..

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I am re-learning slalom after many years off, and taking that first boom run on the slalom really helped get back in the swing of things:)

BeavenX5
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
My wife has now been skiing for 12 years. She is about the same size as yours. She used to ski on a wide shaped ski and I upgraded her to a KD evolution ski last year 65inch (2004 model). This is a perfect ski for her as it is only slightly shaped. It improved her skiing glreatly. The kid's Obrien Mapple 63" is too small for her. She also tried double bindings but did not like it: Maybe she will try this year or next year again.

Her ski is in the middle in the picture, the kids on the right.

jlf
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I am around the same size, I weigh about 20 lbs more but I just bought a HO Triamph ski with double boot venom bindings. I love it. I have a 65" and it is a shaped ski. This is my first slalom ski, it took me a time or two to get up on it, it was different especially with the double boot bindings, but now I love it.

VTJC
04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
What skis do you guys recommend for a woman who is 5' 0" and 100lbs? She is able to regularly get up and crosses the wake well. Two years ago I bought her a Connelly shaped ski, which the bindings fell apart on.

Thanks, Jamie