PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ski in Atlanta

xseriesman
09-30-2004, 11:10 PM
Does anyone ski or wakeboad in atlanta on Lake Lanier or any of the other lakes around that area. :D

h20_skidog
10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I have never spent the time and effort required to find a descent place to ski on Lake Lanier! Have skied up there during the week (only hour from the house) a couple a times and it's Ok...but the w/e's are insane!!!! :eek:

I have a friend who has a 'mansion' :rolleyes: by Allatoona and I ski there (only 1 hour from the house) in the early spring and late fall when most of the 'summer' boaters are gone.

So...most of the time I take the extra time to drive up to Carters Lake (http://www.carterslake.com) during the summer (only 1 hours from the house). Since the lake is still owned by the Corps. of Engineers there is not any houses 'on' the lake which equates to less traffic and smoother water.

Camping around the lake is also great! So, even though it's longer drive...it's totally worth it! :headbang:

Let me know if you plan to go up there and I'll then tell you about my experience with JOA...too many and too long to post on the board.

H20skeefreek
10-01-2004, 04:19 PM
my boss hits lanier pretty often. he's got a '91 American Skier DD, but he's usually on the company's Elan Eagle Air. he's up on the North end near Gainsville.

I have never spent the time and effort required to find a descent place to ski on Lake Lanier! Have skied up there during the week (only hour from the house) a couple a times and it's Ok...but the w/e's are insane!!!! :eek:

I have a friend who has a 'mansion' :rolleyes: by Allatoona and I ski there (only 1 hour from the house) in the early spring and late fall when most of the 'summer' boaters are gone.

So...most of the time I take the extra time to drive up to Carters Lake (http://www.carterslake.com) during the summer (only 1 hours from the house). Since the lake is still owned by the Corps. of Engineers there is not any houses 'on' the lake which equates to less traffic and smoother water.

Camping around the lake is also great! So, even though it's longer drive...it's totally worth it! :headbang:

Let me know if you plan to go up there and I'll then tell you about my experience with JOA...too many and too long to post on the board.

xseriesman
10-02-2004, 01:44 AM
We usually go on the north end of the lake but by 2 or 3 it is a zoo so we usually get out early and then tour or do other stuff that doesnt require nice water. Do u know where Alpharetta is?? I live there and do you no how far carters lake is from there?? It sounds like a great place..

crdickey
10-04-2004, 11:24 AM
http://www.waterskiatlanta.com/mainpage.html

atlps190
10-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey Neighbors!

I've got a weekend place up on Lake Arrowhead. It's just to the northwest of Canton. The community seems to be a pretty well kept secret...and it's only accessible to residents. We just bought a small cottage up there a couple years ago...

Not a huge lake, but plenty big for slalom runs (I get tired before we need to turn).

I'm in the process of working with the association to put up a course, so I'm looking forward to that.

While I can't invite you to bring your boats (no guest boats allowed), if you would like to, we could try to arrange just coming by for a pull...

-T.

Kummer
10-05-2004, 03:01 PM
I live in Marietta and have been skiing for a few years now. I would eb interested in meetin up if anyone is one Alatoona (near block house) :D