PDA

View Full Version : Footin!

erkoehler
04-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, today I wrapped up the third day of barefooting in a row. Finally starting to get back into the swing of things for summer :)

Unfortunately, I only got one picture......

tex
04-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Erk,
Is that your head?

erkoehler
04-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Erk,
Is that your head?

That is a guy named Eric, but it isn't me, I was driving. :D

rodltg2
04-22-2006, 11:43 PM
why the line so long?

Leroy
04-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Looks like you could hit your head if you caught a toe?

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Looks like you could hit your head if you caught a toe?

Wasn't my idea, but he was about a foot off the platform....I would assume the boat would be gone by the time you fell, but I wouldn't want to test it.

rodltg2
04-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Why did henwant to do that? How did get up deep water?

SKI*MC
04-23-2006, 12:18 AM
i have seen it done with a kneeboard between the legs...

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Why did henwant to do that? How did get up deep water?

You start with both feet on the platform, them drop them off and stand up...easy as pie :eek:

atlfootr
04-23-2006, 12:47 AM
You start with both feet on the platform, them drop them off and stand up...easy as pie :eek:Stupid as s**t :rolleyes:
Until, you lose a leg or foot.

Leroy
04-23-2006, 12:51 AM
That sounds worse than the picture looked!

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Stupid as s**t :rolleyes:
Until, you lose a leg or foot.

You've never done it?

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 01:00 AM
I should add that I have been footin with John (Rockman) for just about a year now, and I have never seen him take a fall longline, or shortline. Other than when we were working on back deeps.

I don't think it was as dangerous as it looks.

Footin
04-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Looks like fun....I guess, but this would never happen on my boat.

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Looks like fun....I guess, but this would never happen on my boat.

I told him, "I am not liable for any injuries during this stunt" :D I had 5 witnesses :)

SkiDog
04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey ERK, I used to step off my platform on my 88 platinum Prostar. It was cool. Get going about 32 MPH, sit down ON the water, ride on your a$$ for a minute, then just simply stand up. Prostars are great to do this trick with. As far as hitting your head if you fell forward, it's impossible. I had a driver once that let OFF the throttle and I didn't hit the platform. Course it scared the crap out of me and he got the cussing of a lifetime, but that showed me that I couldn't hit the platform. I haven't tried it on my X30 yet as now I am a little older and a LOT more fragile!

6ballsisall
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Sporty does this too. I don't think you need to be worried about hitting the boat, it will be long gone before you your body can get forward enough to hit the boat or platform. It's no different than riding the boom. YOu could go face forward into the boom and by the time your face would have made contact the boom and boat are long gone.

I am curious what the water felt like on his feet that close to the propwash.

SkiDog
04-23-2006, 11:18 AM
After a while, it started to itch the bottom of my feet. May have been the heat from the exhaust, but I could'nt ride very long. It really didn't matter though, once you were stepping off that platform, you were the coolest MOFO around! :worthy:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I dont know....Ive never footed before, but that sure looks dangerous to me..... :(

That sort of thing isnt my bag, baby. :noface:

atlfootr
04-23-2006, 12:04 PM
You've never done it?"Stupid is as Stupid does" Forest Gump ...

Cloaked
04-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Sporty does this too. I don't think you need to be worried about hitting the boat, it will be long gone before you your body can get forward enough to hit the boat or platform. It's no different than riding the boom. YOu could go face forward into the boom and by the time your face would have made contact the boom and boat are long gone.

I am curious what the water felt like on his feet that close to the propwash.Tru dat. The boat is gone in plenty of time. I step back onto the water and back up onto the platform. Done deal.

Cloaked
04-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I dont know....Ive never footed before, but that sure looks dangerous to me..... :(

That sort of thing isnt my bag, baby. :noface:You'd love it. It's another entire different thrill and very easy to learn to step off of a slalom ski. You can learn in one day with a few tries.

Barefooting is relaxing after a frustrating day on the course.

88 PS190
04-23-2006, 03:51 PM
i wonder if he was kidding...

erkoehler
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
i wonder if he was kidding...

Kidding about what?

Rockman
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
"Stupid is as Stupid does" Forest Gump ...

Sorry, Altfootr, only STUPID if YOU tried it off YOUR boat.

I've done it many of times and have ski'd with a few people that can do it as well. Not something you do all the time but once a season is enough.

If you're not a good barefooter and don't know what to do and then try this, then you're stupid. Otherwise, it's not a problem and can be very safe.

6ballsisall
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Sporty!!!! Dang glad to see you hanging around!! Come back and play more often!!

Rockman
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
In order to pull this off, you need to be a good footer and understand your own strengths and limits, as well as your driver.

This is not a trick for someone who doubts their own abilities or just learned to foot.

I have NEVER let nor encouraged anyone to do this other than myself or a few other guys that I foot with that actually have taught me to do this.

The ride behind the boat given the exhaust comes out right where your feet want to be is a little squirrelly since you have to have a wider stance. You need to really concentrate as the water your are standing on is constantly changing. That is probably the hardest part.

Footin
04-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Exhaust???? does it make you feel kinda loopey?

Cloaked
04-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Sporty!!!! Dang glad to see you hanging around!! Come back and play more often!!I have been busier than I care to be.

As well, I have been lurking more than posting waiting on Jeremy to post another pic of his sippin' habits... LOL.. He looked hammered... :friday: :D

I'm around, just not quite as much now that winter has passed for a few more months.

6ballsisall
04-23-2006, 11:10 PM
I have been busier than I care to be.

As well, I have been lurking more than posting waiting on Jeremy to post another pic of his sippin' habits... LOL.. He looked hammered... :friday: :D

I'm around, just not quite as much now that winter has passed for a few more months.

Darn glad to have you around Sporty! You going to Mag Mania?

Cloaked
04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
i wonder if he was kidding...I wasn't. :) :)

Rockman
04-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Exhaust???? does it make you feel kinda loopey?

I don't know, I only was out there for a couple minutes then the water got bad. I think it would be ok since you are going 40 mph when footing and the exhaust goes by you very quickly vs. only 20 mph when wake surfing, etc. behind the boat. Mosre of a chance then to breathe in the exhaust at lower speeds.

Maybe it was carbon manoxide or just maybe Erk's driving that made me feel sick! (Weaving all over the place, etc!)

Sorry Erk...Just kidding. You drove it well. :toast:

Cloaked
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Darn glad to have you around Sporty! You going to Mag Mania?Mag Mania is up in air for me with work. I may be traveling in May and June with my job. It will be a last minute thing when I know for sure. I'm trying to make it both weekends, if indeed I am not out of state with work.

6ballsisall
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Mag Mania is up in air for me with work. I may be traveling in May and June with my job. It will be a last minute thing when I know for sure. I'm trying to make it both weekends, if indeed I am not out of state with work.

Werd!! :guitar:

panshovel68
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Just got my first footing in of the summer, only four pulls, but there were four kids with us. I did two pulls on five foot line and two on the 90 foot line. I cant believe it was 90 degs on sunday. There was a little too much chop, but I couldnt resist.

Barefooter92
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I find this is the best place to foot at the end of the morning session. We call it Hot Tubbin'. The lake can be rough and you will still find calm water this close to the boat. As the exhaust exits you will get some warm water on your feet. I have not tried off the tower we always use the stern eye.

Keep footin'

panshovel68
04-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Im goin to try that this year!

atlfootr
05-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Heading here this am, FUN filled day of foot'n foot'n and more foot'n !
Dry land clinic's w/ KSO and other PRO's ...

Jerseydave
05-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Not to argue the safety issue, but what if you're footin' along and the engine starts to cut out? I think you would faceplant right on the transom. (or end up in the back of the boat)

Not for me, I'll stay back 80 feet.

JohnE
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I love when these old threads get dragged up and I've missed them the first time around.

Footing looks so hard....But if I ever make it to a MM, someone needs to lemme try it a few times.

I'd be more confident if Ump could do it.

Rockman
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I love when these old threads get dragged up and I've missed them the first time around.

Footing looks so hard....But if I ever make it to a MM, someone needs to lemme try it a few times.

I'd be more confident if Ump could do it.

JohnE,

I'd more than happy to teach you...I'll even let Ump drive! :eek:

Hang on!!!!

Rockman
05-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Not to argue the safety issue, but what if you're footin' along and the engine starts to cut out? I think you would faceplant right on the transom. (or end up in the back of the boat)

More or less, the boat would be gone or at least ahead of you by that time. Otherwise, just let go if soemthing should happen. The speed of the boat will not decrease by that much that fast.

Like any other footing (boom, long line, etc.), you always need to know your capabilities and also the driver, especially for such types of tricks.

trickskier
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
JohnE,

I'd more than happy to teach you...I'll even let Ump drive! :eek:

Hang on!!!!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

SkiDog
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM

I've been footing right off the platform and the driver LET OFF the gas. I fell forward, but didn't come close to the platform. He DID, however, hear from me!:mad:

trickskier
05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I've been footing right off the platform and the driver LET OFF the gas. I fell forward, but didn't come close to the platform. He DID, however, hear from me!:mad:

Was UMP driving??? :rolleyes:

SkiDog
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Was UMP driving??? :rolleyes:

Nah, this was waaaaaaaay before UMP'S time.

tex
12-16-2010, 12:13 AM
You got to be doing at least 60!~

milkmania
12-16-2010, 02:02 AM

tru dat!!!

atlfootr
12-18-2010, 09:37 AM
NO foot'n today, at least not now!
RAIN RAIN RAIN, something we desperately need to fill the lakes back up again ... haven't had any in months

ahhudgins
12-18-2010, 10:22 AM
If I had seen someone do that when I was in my 20s I would have been the first one in the boat to try it (and not give up until I did it). At my age now, my brain just tells me it's not worth all the glory because people at my lake are impressed just to see me foot on the long line. But mostly I don't want to hear my wife tell me what a stupid I idea it is and that if I get hurt trying it she won't take me to the hospital.:rolleyes:

I've posted this before but I think it's cool......the guy steps off the platform backwards.
Anyone know how fast KSO foots? Water looks VERY solid when he's doing the surface turns, awsome.

http://www.eaglewetsuits.com/videos/therundown.wmv

atlfootr
12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I'll ask Keith what his speed was, when I talk to him again and let you know.

atlfootr
12-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Rain stopped , time to HIT the lake!

03 35th Anniversary
12-19-2010, 07:37 PM
If I had seen someone do that when I was in my 20s I would have been the first one in the boat to try it (and not give up until I did it). At my age now, my brain just tells me it's not worth all the glory because people at my lake are impressed just to see me foot on the long line. But mostly I don't want to hear my wife tell me what a stupid I idea it is and that if I get hurt trying it she won't take me to the hospital.:rolleyes:

I've posted this before but I think it's cool......the guy steps off the platform backwards.
Anyone know how fast KSO foots? Water looks VERY solid when he's doing the surface turns, awsome.

http://www.eaglewetsuits.com/videos/therundown.wmv

When I was in the boat with him when he was footing he was running 42-43 most of the time.

TX.X-30 fan
12-19-2010, 07:56 PM
When I was in the boat with him when he was footing he was running 42-43 most of the time.

STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhudgins
12-19-2010, 09:00 PM

I would have thought he was going a minimum of 45 because he has so little spray going out the front. Good body position makes all the difference. My goal next summer is to do less wakeboarding and more barefooting.

DemolitionMan
12-19-2010, 09:11 PM
This is a great video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PebkrcONWg

atlfootr
12-19-2010, 10:02 PM
That's a good one, I know a lot of folks foot'n in that one !

DemolitionMan
12-19-2010, 10:05 PM
That's a good one, I know a lot of folks foot'n in that one !

I thought you were in that video.:D

atlfootr
12-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I would have been glad to of assisted in the makings, given notice.

DemolitionMan
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I would have been glad to of assisted in the makings, given notice.

I am sure you would have.:D

ahhudgins
12-20-2010, 06:31 PM
This is a great video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PebkrcONWg

Nothing like hot chicks barefooting backward, wearing nothing but a bikini.

aquaman
12-20-2010, 07:59 PM
great video, thanks for sharing. that's it, i am ready for summer now.

DJ 50
12-20-2010, 08:29 PM
This was brought up in the thread before but is barefooting difficult to learn as compared to say skiing? If nothing else it seems like it wold hurt more. Anyone recommend any videos to learn?

atlfootr
12-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd recommend as any other barefoot skier would, that taking barefoot lessons
from a "Professional Barefoot School" is highly advisable :D

In fact, I would NOT WATCH from video's on YouTube or elsewhere and try to duplicate :mad:
Especially , if your a beginner

The first (3) are located here in Winter Haven, Florida known as the
"Barefoot Capital of the World"!

:) PREFECT WEATHER YEAR ROUND! :)

http://www.worldbarefootcenter.com/
http://www.ksobarefoot.com/ski_school.html
http://www.ronscarpa.com/
http://www.barefoot-etc.com/
http://www.walkinonwaterski.com/home.htm

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...567#post703567 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=703567#post703567)
Call me, if you go to one of these in WH, Fl.
I may join ya ... __________________