PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a MC billet rope holder on there tower?

TPG-2000
04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
If so is it cool enough to spend the $150.00 on it. post a photo if you can. thanks

SD190EVO
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I dont have one but I want one. I saw one at the boat show and it is totally cool just hard to blow that $150 nut.

projectely4
04-21-2006, 10:00 PM
yeah they look like a cool idea but i have never seen one in person

sand2snow22
04-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I must have got a smokin' deal on mine, I'll try to post a pic later. The tower is folded down in the garage so it might not be the best picture. This Sunday will be the first time I will use it. However, now that my dumba$$ has figured out how to use the straightline tower straps I don't know if I need it. It does look cool, tho. We'll see how it works........

SKI*MC
04-21-2006, 10:25 PM
heres a pic of one.

tex
04-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Learn how to roll your ropes and you will find plenty of places to hang them without having to spend $150 or use those cheesy SL rope holders.

sand2snow22
04-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Here's mine. Where do you hang yours Tex?

PendO
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
However, now that my dumba$$ has figured out how to use the straightline tower straps I don't know if I need it.

funny .................. my brother had to teach me too.

erkoehler
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Do you guys know how to coil a rope?

tex
04-21-2006, 11:18 PM
ERK-Show ski wise-you know how to twink a rope. Where do I hang mine...I have a pylon, trick release, board racks, wife....

erkoehler
04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
ERK-Show ski wise-you know how to twink a rope. Where do I hang mine...I have a pylon, trick release, board racks, wife....

When you wrap a rope, "show ski style" you can put it ANYWHERE! Sometimes we simply pile ropes in the back of the boat. If it is wrapped properly, all you have to do is grab the handle, and it will never be a problem.

For example, tonight we had 3 barefoot longlines, a slalom rope, wakeboard rope, and a couple extra handles in the boat. Didn't have a single problem with knots or messy ropes.

PendO
04-21-2006, 11:33 PM
When you wrap a rope, "show ski style" you can put it ANYWHERE! Sometimes we simply pile ropes in the back of the boat. If it is wrapped properly, all you have to do is grab the handle, and it will never be a problem.

For example, tonight we had 3 barefoot longlines, a slalom rope, wakeboard rope, and a couple extra handles in the boat. Didn't have a single problem with knots or messy ropes.

damn you guys are good ... well, its back to the garage for more 303:)

tex
04-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Slalom skiers look lost when I roll a rope in their boat and hang it on the pylon and say, "Pick it up and pull this little loop and go ski". It's like gloves...Don't over think or equip yourself!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-22-2006, 01:15 PM
If so is it cool enough to spend the $150.00 on it. post a photo if you can. thanks
I have one, and it's worth every penny.
I took the picture with something familiar to give you an idea of the size.

skipaola
04-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, I'm a newbie, I'll bite. How do you properly coil a rope?

erkoehler
04-22-2006, 02:50 PM

Tex, my fingers are tired, you give the newbie a lesson....I skied today and am too tired.

We should stop jacking this thread though.

tex
04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
You need to see it to beleive it.

Kell
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Ok, for all of you rope coiling experts, I have a SL viper wb rope and used it for the first time yesterday. When using the slalom ski tow, I typically take the line loop and loop it twice over the slalom swivel ski tow (hope this make sense) so that it does not just slip off the ski tow. Now, with the viper line and the tower swivel ski tow, the viper line loop is not big enough to wrap twice around the tower ski tow. Thus, the end result is I have to constantly make sure the loop stays on the swivel and does not slip down on the tow mount. I must be doing something wrong or perhaps this viper line is defective. Any thoughts?

TMCNo1
07-24-2006, 12:41 PM

It's easier to learn than, than it is to explain, especially on the computer. Have you ever coiled up a garden hose without getting twists and kinks in it? Same procedure! When you coil it up it will look like the water hose you are looking at on the shelf at Home Depot.

Ric
07-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Hell I thought we were about to get a lesson from the show guys that entailed some fancy wrap like the old electricians style that looked like a chain when they were done...

You're just coiling the rope in your free hand as you lay each loop down so that there is no memory or figure eight appearance to each loop right?

LakePirate
07-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I happen to like my cheesy SL rope holder. :D

pilot02
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok, for all of you rope coiling experts, I have a SL viper wb rope and used it for the first time yesterday. When using the slalom ski tow, I typically take the line loop and loop it twice over the slalom swivel ski tow (hope this make sense) so that it does not just slip off the ski tow. Now, with the viper line and the tower swivel ski tow, the viper line loop is not big enough to wrap twice around the tower ski tow. Thus, the end result is I have to constantly make sure the loop stays on the swivel and does not slip down on the tow mount. I must be doing something wrong or perhaps this viper line is defective. Any thoughts?

Holding the loop that you want to use, pull the rope (skier side) back through the loop and then use that loop to hook to your pylon.

Kell
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Holding the loop that you want to use, pull the rope (skier side) back through the loop and then use that loop to hook to your pylon.Thanks Pilot02, now I really feel like a dumb arse! It didn't occure to me to try that. Thanks for the tip. Now I'll await the DIY instructions on how to coil the ropes:)

RobertT
07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Last weekend I learned a new knot that allows you to adjust the rope at any length without a permanent loop or knot. Its great for teaching kids, wakesurfing, etc.

I could never explain it with typing, but basically its a truckers hitch with an extra twist.

3event
07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Holding the loop that you want to use, pull the rope (skier side) back through the loop and then use that loop to hook to your pylon.

OK, I'll bite - maybe even more of a dumbarse here...

I need that solution for wake ropes too, but I don't quite get the instructions above, not sure if it can be clarified further but would welcome comments. Hard to describe rope tricks in writing.....thanks!

Ric
07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
let me try
take the open loop at the end of the rope and hold it open in your left hand.
with your right hand, push the mainline of the rope thru this loop making a larger loop like a lasso
put the lasso over the pylon swivel and pull the mainline til the loop tightens around the swivel

make sense?

Kell
07-24-2006, 05:24 PM
OK, I'll bite - maybe even more of a dumbarse here...

I need that solution for wake ropes too, but I don't quite get the instructions above, not sure if it can be clarified further but would welcome comments. Hard to describe rope tricks in writing.....thanks!Ok, for all the dumb arses out their like myself, this is what I interpreted Pilot02 to say.... and one pic of it coiled.

3event
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
That makes sense.... The wife was saying she thought of a solution since the takeoff loop really has 2loops joined together but I still can not :confused: figure out what she was talking about. She can try it when we get back on the water.

The solutions described above would work just fine....

It does seem odd that brand new wake lines would make takeoff loops that small though, running the whole line thru is not so quick if you need to change lengths for various riders.....

Kell
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
It does seem odd that brand new wake lines would make takeoff loops that small though, running the whole line thru is not so quick if you need to change lengths for various riders.....3event, I don't believe that you have to thread the entire rope through the loop. Here are some pics of creating the loop to go over the tower swivel tow using the mid-line take off loop. I just held the existing takeoff loop and then thread the ski line through the existing loop creating a new loop which would go over the tower swivel tow. Hope this helps.

TMCNo1
07-24-2006, 06:31 PM
You're just coiling the rope in your free hand as you lay each loop down so that there is no memory or figure eight appearance to each loop right?

Ric, that was a beautiful explanation. I've spent 2 hours trying to word it like it would make some sense and you did it so simply!

SoCalBrew
08-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey Rex... can you (or anyone else) tell me where they got the MC billet rope holder for $150... I just had my dealer quote me on it - and they said it listed for $300... and the best they could do was $250... I can't seem to find anyone else that has anything like it.

While my rope skills are good - I'm the only one in the boat with em... this should make it easy for anyone to set up the skier/boarder at any length.

Thanks,

Tom

I have one, and it's worth every penny.
I took the picture with something familiar to give you an idea of the size.

TX.X-30 fan
08-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey Rex... can you (or anyone else) tell me where they got the MC billet rope holder for $150... I just had my dealer quote me on it - and they said it listed for $300... and the best they could do was $250... I can't seem to find anyone else that has anything like it.

While my rope skills are good - I'm the only one in the boat with em... this should make it easy for anyone to set up the skier/boarder at any length.

Thanks,

Tom

MYMC at Charlotte MC can fix you up.

SoCalBrew
08-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks TX.X-30 Fan. I'll call them... couldn't find it in their online catalog.

Tom

ProTour X9
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
This is baby stuff.....I was impressed when you said show ski style, but this, way simple. Sorry if I'm a smart arse.

TX.X-30 fan
08-26-2007, 05:57 PM
This is baby stuff.....I was impressed when you said show ski style, but this, way simple. Sorry if I'm a smart arse.

What???? You sure its not cream soda butt chicken and a 12 pack for you. :D :D

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I can think of PLENTY of better ways to spend $150 other than that thing. What a rip off. And I also like my "cheesy" straighline rope wraps.

ProTour X9
08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
What???? You sure its not cream soda butt chicken and a 12 pack for you. :D :D

God, I can't remember what this threads about... WTH?????:friday: :uglyhamme

SoCalBrew
08-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Found out that the MC Billet Rope Holder (according to my mastercraft) was intended for the mini-towers only... you would have to drill thru the tower to attach it (on a full tower) which would void the warranty.

endl
08-29-2007, 11:03 PM
whats wrong with hanging the rope on the tower rack handles.......?

SoCalBrew
08-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Other then the fact that the kids run into it... nothing... was just looking for a cool piece with functionality. Will probably go with the velcro rope wraps... and see what I can make work there.

Thanks! Tom

whats wrong with hanging the rope on the tower rack handles.......?

ttu
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Other then the fact that the kids run into it... nothing... was just looking for a cool piece with functionality. Will probably go with the velcro rope wraps... and see what I can make work there.

Thanks! Tom

i just coil the rope in "correctly" and hang it off the tow pylon on the top of the tower. it has worked great for 4 years and didn't cost me anything.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Capt Quint- "the rabbit comes out of the cave around the tree...."

rgardjr1
06-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I picked up one of these off Ebay last week for $35 and had a chance to install today. I had to buy a couple of stainless 1 1/2" 5/16" button head bolts because it didn't come with any. Install required two holes to be drilled through the tower, but it took more time to vacuum up the metal shavings than drilling/bolting it to the tower. This is a substantial piece of billet and I was surprised by how nice this was. I will post a picture the next time I have a camera in the boat. The guy on Ebay was selling two-I posted a link in the Craigslist/Ebay thread last week hopefully someone from around here got the other one for $38.