PDA

View Full Version : Parts Source

Wakeboy
04-21-2006, 12:09 AM
I’m shopping for spring tune-up parts, electronic ignition conversion etc… and ran across these guys who seem to have cheaper prices than skidim (whom I’ve purchased successfully from before). Anybody purchase parts from them?? Opinions?? Are they good guys?
http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=eBasicPower

erkoehler
04-21-2006, 12:37 AM
How big of a price difference are you talking? Personally, I would rather pay slightly more at www.skidim.com and get the great expertise that they have regaurding our boats and trouble shooting them in a time of need. Just my opinion though....

PendO
04-21-2006, 12:42 AM
How big of a price difference are you talking? Personally, I would rather pay slightly more at www.skidim.com and get the great expertise that they have regaurding our boats and trouble shooting them in a time of need. Just my opinion though....

hey erk, you can get a new tranny with gear reduction there ...http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=eBasicPower&Category_Code=ALL3 ... man, I am working on my post count tonight.

erkoehler
04-21-2006, 12:44 AM
hey erk, you can get a new tranny with gear reduction there ...http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=eBasicPower&Category_Code=ALL3 ... man, I am working on my post count tonight.

Dude, I don't have a boat to put that in :(

PendO
04-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Dude, I don't have a boat to put that in :(

well then, put it in your car!

Wakeboy
04-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Guys… I feel like you blew me off ?? The price difference on a pointless conversion kit between skidim and ebasicpower is $112 vs. $84, that’s 25%!! To me that’s a significant difference and worth the question—are these guys worth doing business with? So, anybody purchase from them? How’d it go??

erkoehler
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Sorry to jack the thread....I looked at both sites, and can't seem to see a difference in the products.

Have you called skidim to see if they would match the price, or if the price has changed recently?

PendO
04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Guys… I feel like you blew me off ?? The price difference on a pointless conversion kit between skidim and ebasicpower is $112 vs. $84, that’s 25%!! To me that’s a significant difference and worth the question—are these guys worth doing business with? So, anybody purchase from them? How’d it go??

I liked there site, especially for ease of finding parts ... but I have no information on dealings with them.

I suppose they are worth doing business with if you can get some feedback from others ...

Wakeboy
04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I did check current prices, but did not ask for a match. If ebasicpower is offering a substantially lower price and good service I think they deserve the business. I'm just trying find out if any serious MC folks have used them?

pilot02
04-22-2006, 01:20 AM
I did check current prices, but did not ask for a match. If ebasicpower is offering a substantially lower price and good service I think they deserve the business. I'm just trying find out if any serious MC folks have used them?

I have not used them but for the price, I'd be tempted. I like others here have had good service from skidiim and their expertise (specifically Vince) in boats is second to none without a doubt. I do notice they've gotten a bit more expensive in the past 2 years and (I've watched the GT 40 heads in particular). Some things they have are still cheaper than I can find elsewhere so I think it's like any other retailer where you have some good deals and some bad. I say take a chance and try the new guy. Competition's good for us all!!

Tom023
04-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I couldn't easily find Indmar parts but they are buried with other makes, so for the few parts that I do buy I'll stick with Skiddim...I like those guys and want to give them my business. This may be a good back-up source for me.

JimN
04-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Wakeboy- did you know that there are two different conversion kits? If it's for the same part #, it is a substantial $ difference but since nobody commented on them, it's more likely that they're an unknown, not that anyone was blowing you off.

TMCNo1
04-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Living here in NC, I lead a sheltered life! I shop SKIDIM!

Wakeboy
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Competition's good for us all!!

Well that's my thought too. I like skidim and agree they deserve our support, but on the other hand business is business. Thanks for the thoughtful responses. I’m going to go ahead a place an order for a laundry list of spring stuff with ebasicpower. I’ll post my experience and price difference.

JDK
04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
These people unlike SKIDIM, being dedicated to inboard ski-boats, have parts for I/O's and inboards and are located near the coast, what does that tell you? :twocents:

I don't know what your point is, you're going to have to spell it out.

Wakeboy
04-22-2006, 11:29 PM
it's more likely that they're an unknown, not that anyone was blowing you off.
Thanks Jim.

TMCNo1
04-23-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't know what your point is, you're going to have to spell it out.

EDIT, see post #13

JohnnyB
04-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Skidim's customer service is second to none. They really know ski boats and are willing to offer advice and phone support on your ski boat issues. I have learned too many times over in the past that, in the end, customer service/support is more important than price. I'm willing to pay a few dollars more to get the expert advice from DIM when/if I need it. I don't need advice often, but they are there for me when it counts......sometimes it'll make the difference between having a good weekend on the water and spending it in the garage. They also are good for advising you as to what parts you should be buying for your specific make/model/engine.

My most memorable conversation with DIM was the 1st year I did my winterization. I told them what I was doing and asked them about parts. They walked me through all the belts, filters, tune-up parts, etc and suggested what intervals I replace each.....they were EXTREMELY helpful.

OK, I think I've gotten on a soap box here......

All that being said, 25% is pretty significant, but I'll bet they'd match it.

JDK
04-23-2006, 03:42 PM
where these practically unknown people,

LMAO.
This is like saying Yamaha is a practically unknown outboard engine manufacturer.
Look where I'm from....and I've known about them for years (like 15+).
Having said this, I have always received excellent service from SkiDim.

TMCNo1
04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
LMAO.
This is like saying Yamaha is a practically unknown outboard engine manufacturer.
Look where I'm from....and I've known about them for years (like 15+).
Having said this, I have always received excellent service from SkiDim.

Sorry, but there must be a misunderstanding here. Outside of MasterCraft, Skidim is the only people I trust for my maintenance replacement parts needs!

JDK
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Sorry, but there must be a misunderstanding here.

I know you were referring to eBasic Power as unknown. My point was they are not unknown ---do a search, they've been mentioned on this board before.