PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't turn off!

rlwiley
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
OK installed the new ignition switch and the engine would not turn off again. Does anyone on here know how to get a wiring schemetic for a 2006 X-30. There must be a relay that the ignition switch controls that is going bad. Anybody have any other ideas.
Thanks

JimN
04-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Why are you not having the dealer fix this under warranty?

rlwiley
04-20-2006, 10:16 PM
The dealer is a good friend of mine and the dealership is about 2 hours away. Sometimes it is easier and less downtime if you can find the problem and fix it yourself.

roddydog
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Get a battery shut-off switch.

rlwiley
04-20-2006, 10:43 PM
There is a battery switch under the rear seat that controls both batteries. That is how we have to kill the motor noa. Just a little bit of a pain to have to cut the engine off like that every time.

JimN
04-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Keep in mind that most warranties explicitly forbid consumers from working on in-warranty products. I'm not telling you this because I want to be a stickler on the details but MC tends to like having their dealers do the repairs and document everything. I understand not wanting to make the trip but there are certain problems that you may want your buddy to take care of.

When I hear that something doesn't turn off, I usually look for an unconnected ground wire. Once a ground lifts, you'll see 12Vdc on wires where you normally wouldn't. Something attached to the ignition wire is sending 12V and I would be looking at the stereo, battery switch (especially if it has a ground post) and anything added after it arrived at the dealer, no offense to your friend.

Having to turn the batteries off is NOT the way it was designed. Let your friend fix it and tell MC what caused it.

MYMC
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
This a common problem with ALL MasterCraft boats that have dual batteries installed but do not have the ground strap connecting the two batteries together in place. Install the common ground strap and that should sure the problem.

This can occur when new or after 25 hours with no problems at all...the last I heard no one understood why it would "just occur" but it does.

rlwiley
04-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Could that also cause the low volts alarm to go off. The LED display was displaying 11.5 volts. That was with the ballast pumps running. Aftyer I cut the pumps off the alarm also went off but the gauge was reading a little under 13 amps. I am going to check and see if it has a common ground and see if that does the trick.
Thanks