PDA

View Full Version : Lifting Bridal for SportStar CB or 95-97 Prostar

VTJC
04-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I have a 99 SportStar Closed Bow. I would like to lift the boat up to clean & wax the bottom. I have access to crane used for launching sailboats at a boat club. I am curious how you make a lifting bridal for this hull. Are the lifting points the rear tow eyes on the transom and the bow eye on the top of the deck? This will not be for long term storage just for annual bottom maintenance. Working under the trailer is a pain, and the water is to cold under my lift in the spring.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 02:46 PM
My understanding is that you can temporarily lift the boat by the eyelit on the top side of the bow and the two rings (as opposed to the central tow ring) on either side of the transom. Check out the manual for the specifics on this under the "lifting" section. I seem to recall something about a separator bar for the back, but that may have concerned the use of slings to lift.

VTJC
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
East TX,

The 2000 manual from the MC site says “When the boat is hosted from the water, use the lifting eyes or a sling… An overhead hoist with 2-ton capacity(min) should be used… Cables should be rated for at least 3500 pounds each. When lifting, keep the boat slightly higher than the stern to prevent any possibility of water running into the engine exhaust manifold.” further on it mentions the separator bar for slings. Thanks for clarifying I the rear rings I meant the two on the transom, not just the center tow eye.

Does anybody know the line lengths you need?

Jamie

flipper
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
The length shouldn't matter if you have a spreader bar. Just so the bar is over the windshield.

I do mine with a floor jack and some wood, and a creeper on wheels. makes it easy.