PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Maintenance 02-x30

garyh
04-19-2006, 06:18 PM
I have an 02 X30; I'm wandering what if any maintenance needs to be done to a trailer year to year? I noticed what seems to be a grease fitting on each axel..if this is a grease fitting is there any spec. type?Brake pads and tire tread look normal.
Any ideas on year to year maintenance; I'm certain the previous owner didnt do much if any???

erkoehler
04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Obviously tire pressure, brake check, check fluid levels. Also, I usually crawl under the trailer and visually inspect connections to the lights. Usually do that when I hook up the fake a lake.

INFLATE YOUR SPARE TIRE :)

Tom023
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Might be overkill but I flush the brake lines every other year and am amazed at how dirty the fluid gets. I also bleed just a bit off each year to keep the bleed screws from becoming frozen, because they are a PITA to get out if they get corroded. I also check all the bolts holding the bunks in place because they tend to losen up even though they have lock washers. Finally, I losen the lug nuts and hit them with an anticorrosion spray and retorque. Nothing worse than being on the side of the road with a frozen lug nut.

Footin
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Are they oil bath hubs? I would change the oil in them every year, it is very easy to do.

BrianS
04-20-2006, 08:20 AM
If you have a grease fitting then you don't have oil-bath hubs. I like to pull the hubs and check the grease and bearings every other year. I usually just end up repacking them while I have them apart.

The last thing you want on a road trip is a burned bearing.

h20winn
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
What grade of oil do you all use in the oil bath hubs? Or does it really matter as long as it has oil in it, right?????

garyh
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
In the center of the hubs; it looks as if there is a see threw piece to see if it needs any grease. does this piece come off or do you have to take the entire wheel off to get to it? It looks like there might be a grease fitting behind this dark see threw plastic piece, but it doesnt really want to come off..any suggestions;