PDA

View Full Version : Tower Mirror Arm or Not?

jeffrpod
04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Looking for some advise. I have an X2 on order that should be delivered sometime around the end of May. I did not order the Tower Mirror Arm option due to past experiences on my Malibu. I currently have an 02 VLX with the mirror mounted on the walk-though window. It is very functional, but I decided to try a tower mirror arm because of the "Cool" factor. and thought it may have other benefits. Granted, I may have purchased the wrong type of arm because I could never get the angles right, and it was too far away to provide good vision, so I moved the mirror back to the windshield.

All the pictures of the MC X Series boats have the tower Mirror Arms and I was looking for opinions. Who likes each mounting style, and what are the pros and cons of each.

Thanks!
Jeff

Diesel
04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I love mine (05 tower mirror) and would not be without it.

erkoehler
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I have only driven MrCrowson's X7 with the tower mirror, but I thought it worked well.....

AirJunky
04-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Depends on your situation. I keep my boat on the lake, on a dock with about 20 other boats. So when I put the cover on it for the night, I don't want anything out that might interest someone. In 5 yrs my boats been overlooked while others have drawn more interest & the owners have lost vests, boards, skis, ropes, etc.
And in case anyone hasn't seen my dual mirrors 100 times by now.... here it is. (http://airjunky.com/temp/dual_mirrors.jpg)

twieder
04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I've got a tower mirror ordered to go along with the stock windshield mount mirror. I moved it to the far side of the frame and with the tower mirror, will give a full range of vision on a 70' slolom line.

RobertT
04-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I would not do without my tower mount. For one, its a little higher. I am pretty tall, so it makes a difference.

Mine has a single thumb screw that allows me to take the mirror and arm off in just a few seconds, another huge plus.

Because nothing is mounted to the windshield, the cover can go on and off with the mirror attached.

Lastly, because it will swivel on the tower, you can actually move it closer to your eyes for a wider field of vision. That alone makes it worth it for a lot of people.

Lastly, it just looks really cool. Just my opinion.

hleepert
04-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I love my tower mirror. It is up out of the way and has great adjustablilty. Also, benefitst the spotter on cool days as it doesn't direct the wind down the backs of their necks.

tex
04-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Why do you need a mirror?

Just kidding!

I have the tower mirror and it is the best set up that i have seen. nobody sitting in front of the mirror!

WakeSeeky
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Another vote for the tower mirror, love it and wouldn't go back to the windshield mount. The mirrors for the newer towers, at least, are very easy to remove. We always take ours off when we pull off the lake, but you can leave it on, it doesn't get in the way of the cover.

Maristar210
04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
I would not do without my tower mount. For one, its a little higher. I am pretty tall, so it makes a difference.

Mine has a single thumb screw that allows me to take the mirror and arm off in just a few seconds, another huge plus.

Because nothing is mounted to the windshield, the cover can go on and off with the mirror attached.

Lastly, because it will swivel on the tower, you can actually move it closer to your eyes for a wider field of vision. That alone makes it worth it for a lot of people.

RobertT, once again says it all. I could not agree more.

Steve

parkcityeric
04-22-2006, 02:03 AM
I would agree . . . the tower mounted mirror is better. I have a Prostar 190 with the mini Zero-Flex tower and finally broke down and paid the MC price for the factory arm which looks great. I can remove mine easily as generally do not leave it on for long drives on the trailer. I like having the mirror up higher as it is not in my line of direct site and can still easily cover the boat while out on the lake if needed without messing with the mirro mounted on the windshield.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM

I totally agree.

peason
04-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I totally agree.

Ditto! I agree.

LakeZoar32
04-22-2006, 01:59 PM
The MC tower mounted mirror is the best way to go. It takes very little to get used to. :wavey:

Jerseydave
04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Another yes on the tower mirror. I like that it doesn't get in the way of the cover. I have mine mounted high, as I like to see above the windshield frame sometimes.

projectely4
04-22-2006, 04:54 PM
the mirror mount is awesome and i love it. it comes with this thumb screw that makes taking the mirror and arm of the mounting bracket in just a few seconds and i also like it because it is high enough above the windshield where it wont block your view if your looking over the top of the windshield.

definately a must have option imo