PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to good watersport related vendors

6ballsisall
04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Lets use this thread as a "plug" or "hats off" to great vendors for our sport! Share your story!

I have 2 today:

Thanks goes out to Mastercraft of Charlotte & Mike McKenzie! I am trying out a new Monza and Mike has been very responsive via email and phone to answer all my questions about a new ski as well as shipped the ski so I can have it by this weekend! Great customer service!! Thanks!!

Thanks goes out to Skidim for taking the time to help me figure out what parts I needed (I didn't have part #'s) and answering all my questions related to my boat issues. Great company!!

Cary K.
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I have to second Mike & MCoC. He has gone WAY above and beyond to help me out on more than one occasion. And Maeghan at Trinity Board Shop was very helpful when I ordered a new heater shirt last year.

jsonova99
04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll give Skidim another plug, for always being willing to help you and providing quality parts at good prices. I wouldn't buy parts from anybody else without checking with them first. :toast:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-19-2006, 04:59 PM
SKIDIM.com RULES!!! They just rule! Talk about a place designed for inboard boat enthusiasts...... Did I mention they Rule? :dance: :headbang: :steering:

Lex at Rambo marine helped me out too, he has sold me numerous marker lamps for my trailer cuz I ride the short bus to trailer backing school and keep hitting my garage. I couldnt find those older style marker lamps anywhere, and someone here recommended calling Lex at Rambo. He knew the ones and sold me some.(more than I care to mention)

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 05:07 PM
To add to the list and not to slight anyone already mentioned ...

Hat's off to Lex at Rambo.

Tip of the hat to Wiley's who have always taken the time to talk to me about skis.

Tip of the hat to Jim@BAWS for taking the time to talk to me twice about a boat he wasn't even selling. :)

Huge thumbs up to my local dealer.

jsonova99
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I forgot Rambo marine, Lex helped me out with a new fuel guage sending unit and hinges for my motor box. One of the nicest guys I've ever talked to over the phone, very helpful. :smile:

kalanic
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
My hat goes off to Cope & McPheters Ultimate Watersports/Boarders Paradise. These guys helped with the purchase of my boat & all my watersport needs.

erkoehler
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Jim@BAWS was awesome when I went down to FL!

LakePirate
04-19-2006, 05:35 PM
My hat is off to TMC. I ordered my membership kit and a couple of other t-shirts and towels on last thursday night and got it today :banana: . Just as a comparison, I ordered some stuff from skidim at the same time and it beat that stuff here. Everybody loves skidim. :steering:

bcampbe7
04-19-2006, 05:44 PM
I forgot Rambo marine, Lex helped me out with a new fuel guage sending unit and hinges for my motor box. One of the nicest guys I've ever talked to over the phone, very helpful. :smile:

Lex is just as nice in person. Great guy to deal with.

I'll throw another plug for MCoC. Great bunch of people. Very helpful!

jimmer2880
04-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Here's to Dolphin Wetsuits....

I purchased a "custom" barefoot suit for my wife a couple years ago as a birthday present. It didn't fit. They allowed me to return it for the next size bigger - no questions asked. Did I mention it was a Custom suit?

Plus - I still have my original Dolphin barefoot suit from 1986. It still looks brand-new & would still be in use except for it ~cough~ "shrunk" ;)

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Can't forget Perfect Pass. Superb customer service.

3event
04-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I had a small tear from a guest's ski fin on my LH sunpad, took it off and over to FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR BOATS in North Prairie WI for repair (others here recommended). Charlie is a real nice guy and he did a great job on a quick turnaround. Repair is undetectable. Seemed to be a reasonable price. They do everything from upholstery big & small jobs to glass work, boat repair, refurb etc.

Thumbs up !

BrianM
04-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Many of those that have helped me out have already been mentioned, SkiDim, Lex at Rambo, Wileys, Jim@BAWS (love my boat).

Want to give a big shout out to Max at Skier to Skier www.skiertoskier.com . Hands down the best customer service I have had from any company large or small. If you need Perfect Pass or course supplies he has excellent prices and the absolute best customer service.

Footin
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I have to give two thumbs up to my favorites:

Lex at Rambo: you will not find better customer service or a friendlier person to deal with. (thanks for the t-shirt Lex)

SkiDim: Knowledgeable, friendly, great customer service and the right part the first time.

Chris at Mid Ohio Water Sports: I have known him for 20 years and he has given me more free advice than he probably should, this is why my next boat will probably come from him.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks to Dustin at Marco Island In Florida.

flipper
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Babes Boat Care, due to a small shipping problem (one of the bottles broke), they sent me a new one, plus one free for the inconvenience. Not to mention that their stuff works killer.