PDA

View Full Version : Was it JRandol or Mag Red???

bcampbe7
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/19/mega.millions.ap/index.html

6ballsisall
04-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I wish!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

BriEOD
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Actually, most people who win the lottery say after a few years that it ruined their life.

erkoehler
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Actually, most people who win the lottery say after a few years that it ruined their life.

Yeah, it would just suck...new boat, new car, new house, and a huge savings. :D

I might even buy a gas station :headbang:

jsonova99
04-19-2006, 04:38 PM

True, but I'd be willing to take my chances

LakePirate
04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Hadn't checked my numbers yet, but since I didn't buy my tkts there I won't rush to do it.

I would be willing to take my chances as well.

The guy who won the first lottery in GA one a million, bought a trailer and moved to Alabama. He was back in less than 10 years running the auto repair shop he closed when he won.

JEREMY79
04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
You live with however much money you have.

Most of the time people with the most money are the most unhappy.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I would rather say I spent it all, than never to have had it at all..:D
I would have alot of dreams fulfilled, but I am sure I would have a whole new list.
I would like to make a few of my family members dreams come true too.

Mag_Red
04-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Wasn't me...........did they find the winner yet?? Too lazy to click the link. That store is in the University area though.........probably some college kid

LakePirate
04-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Wasn't me...........did they find the winner yet?? Too lazy to click the link. That store is in the University area though.........probably some college kid

If it's a college kid, I want to go to the party. :toast:

ntidsl
04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Neither of those guys would venture into that area...at least I don't think so...let me know if I wrong and if your guys frequent the short vine area...yikes!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Ya know, I saw some thing on TV about that, that lottery winners often end up massivley in debt or in the gutter financially after they win the lottery. Alot of them also end up being unhappier than they were before. I will say another funny thing, people that I personally know that have money or are "well to do", are generally noticeably unhappier than people I know that live a modest lifestyle. Its quite strange.... I dont get it. Is there is a relation between stress/unhappiness and money?? This is interesting...... :confused:

starman205
04-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Solomon, the richest man in history writes in Ecclesiastes, "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This to is vanity."

Granite_33
04-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Ya know, I saw some thing on TV about that, that lottery winners often end up massivley in debt or in the gutter financially after they win the lottery. Alot of them also end up being unhappier than they were before. I will say another funny thing, people that I personally know that have money or are "well to do", are generally noticeably unhappier than people I know that live a modest lifestyle. Its quite strange.... I dont get it. Is there is a relation between stress/unhappiness and money?? This is interesting...... :confused:

Hate to say it but it seems like the ones who win are the ones who have no money to begin with, and don't know how to manage what they have. Whether its the $100 in their pocket that will be misspent on cigs, beer, etc......, or $100 million in the bank that will be misspent on material things, bad investments, Moombas, etc, etc.......the money will be pi$$ed away due to lack of knowledge about how to manage it.

As for the "well to do" who are miserable.........one of two options as I see it. #1 Sr Level manager / owner of an organization that is under a lot of stress due to sales, budgets, quotas, payroll you name it. High position is high pay but also high stress. #2The other "well to do" are the ones with all the material things.....nice house, boat, car, but can barely afford groceries. We all have friends / relatives that are there. Everything they own is new / expensive. But they are making monthly payments out the a$$ and have stretched their expenses beyond their income, just to look "well to do"

The modest.......I would say they #1 live within their means or #2 They make good money but choose to spend it wisely, or #3 they exist at the low level of maslows hierarchy of needs. Food, clothing, shelter, is all they need to make them happy.

bcampbe7
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Hate to say it but it seems like the ones who win are the ones who have no money to begin with, and don't know how to manage what they have. Whether its the $100 in their pocket that will be misspent on cigs, beer, etc......, or $100 million in the bank that will be misspent on material things, bad investments, Moombas, etc, etc.......the money will be pi$$ed away due to lack of knowledge about how to manage it.

As for the "well to do" who are miserable.........one of two options as I see it. #1 Sr Level manager / owner of an organization that is under a lot of stress due to sales, budgets, quotas, payroll you name it. High position is high pay but also high stress. #2The other "well to do" are the ones with all the material things.....nice house, boat, car, but can barely afford groceries. We all have friends / relatives that are there. Everything they own is new / expensive. But they are making monthly payments out the a$$ and have stretched their expenses beyond their income, just to look "well to do"

The modest.......I would say they #1 live within their means or #2 They make good money but choose to spend it wisely, or #3 they exist at the low level of maslows hierarchy of needs. Food, clothing, shelter, is all they need to make them happy.

Well said Granite!

04-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I guess it goes back to the old phrase "money cant buy happiness"

But if you have a decent amount of money, you can get some Fine HO's with it! ;)

Granite_33
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM

But if you have a decent amount of money, you can get some Fine HO's with it! ;)

No shortage of Honeys who are attracted to the green.........

04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
No shortage of Honeys who are attracted to the green.........
Actually I was referring to waterskis...... :uglyhamme or was I ;) :D

Leroy
04-20-2006, 01:36 PM
THere you go UMP, live it up!! Do you know what today is? What is the date?

04-20-2006, 02:42 PM
HA! I never realized the date today..... :rolleyes:

LakePirate
04-20-2006, 03:03 PM
HA! I never realized the date today..... :rolleyes:

A likely story...you have had this day circled on the calendar for months.

Leroy
04-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Dude! Bob and Tom were having a 4/20 special radio show this morning on the topic!

04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
A likely story...you have had this day circled on the calendar for months.

Sure I have, Im just waiting for you to get here with the "ice cream truck" :uglyhamme DId you get lost or what?? :confused:

Leroy
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Besides it happens twice a day.....