PDA

View Full Version : My brother-in-law sucks!

BigBarney
04-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Not only does he have a Malibu, but he pulled up in the driveway today with the new toy below. I belive that brand is the only thing he holds higher than Malibu. I am happy for him, with his boat breaking down all the time, he needs to have some fun :D

The new Porsche Cayman
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/Hummer/Porsche9.jpg

My son caught in the act, a future carjacker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/Hummer/Porsche7.jpg

Moments later, he realizes the steering wheel is on the left side in the states
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/Hummer/Porsche8.jpg

BigBarney
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
My brother-in-law with 3 of my reasons that I don't have a Porsche. I still have the better end of the deal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/Hummer/Porsche1.jpg

Mag_Red
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I like it a lot better than a Boxster, but I've never been a fan of German Cars. To me, it's more of a status symbol :twocents: Upon second glance........I even like it more than the 911's

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Nice car, but I'll take a new MC over that car any day :)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-18-2006, 09:21 PM
TRU DAT!!! :D

flipper
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Have to agree with you there.

Never been a big Porsche fan. Looks like it would be fun though.

BigBarney
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Since we've known each other, he has always had a sports car. The guy loves to drive fast. He even had some things done to his boat to get the speed up around 55-60 mph. He traded in his 911 for this car. I have driven both now, and this car handles much better. It is a mid-engine and the frame is more rigid. Not as fast as a 911, but will hug a turn. I'd still take a Z06 anyday.

04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I would rather buy a new MC, but I will say one thing, If I was gonna drop the coin on a sportscar, it would be a Corvette. the C6 is one helluva car. Its quite a ride. Its just got a certain level of "mojo" to it. :steering: to me, the vette appearance is FAR more appealing than the import rides. just my opinion.

Footin
04-18-2006, 09:51 PM
He must be compinsating for something.

Mag_Red
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Since we've known each other, he has always had a sports car. The guy loves to drive fast. He even had some things done to his boat to get the speed up around 55-60 mph. He traded in his 911 for this car. I have driven both now, and this car handles much better. It is a mid-engine and the frame is more rigid. Not as fast as a 911, but will hug a turn. I'd still take a Z06 anyday.Now we're talking! :D When I had my Vette, guys in Boxsters would always wana run me........what fun I had :steering: But the new Z06 is truly a Beast! And under $70,000

04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Now we're talking! :D When I had my Vette, guys in Boxsters would always wana run me........what fun I had :steering: But the new Z06 is truly a Beast! And under $70,000
Mag, my boss got to go to the vette ride and drive in Vegas and drive the Z06 AND all its competitors at the speedway. He said the Vette really excelled against the others. He was very impressed. :twocents:

stevo137
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
My mom used to say that she hoped that guy with the nice car has a wart on his a**. :rolleyes:
You need to realize that we were very poor.
Not now though, and mom's in a better place, I hope...

BigBarney
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I'll leave the wart question for others to ask. He's my brother-in-law, but that's as far as it goes :) We were coming back from Nashville last year in his 911 and a Corvette pulled alongside, Bill floored it and then the Corvette got mad. No contest.

Davo
04-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Nice ride...love the silver!

My brother has a boxster and it's fun as heck to drive! Not super fast, but still a fun little car.

...and my brother in-law likes his sports cars as well. He has some little two seater Chrysler right now, but I'm pretty sure one day he'll be zippin' around in something like that. :D

bcampbe7
04-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Very nice car but...I would have bought the Z06 as well. :cool:

Hoosier Bob
04-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Next time he tools over flip one of those diapers behind his seat! Why not two? Save up, kids are funnner! Porsche cool but reverse pedals drive me insane! Z06 for the money is unmatchable unless we are including the Accord EX06! No money here in autos, all in toys. :D

rodltg2
04-18-2006, 10:43 PM
the corvette is too joe dirt for me, i much rather have the cayman. i heard that car could actually go head to head with the 911 but had to be tuned down.

Ryan
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
My brother-in-law with 3 of my reasons that I don't have a Porsche. I still have the better end of the deal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/Hummer/Porsche1.jpg

Nice neighborhood!

Leroy
04-18-2006, 10:49 PM
tHe z06 is not joe dirt, my dream car. Would take over any porsche any day.BigBarney, I'm confused, that doesn't look like the family of 5 car or did the wife (your sister?) drive everyone over in the mini-van?

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 10:50 PM
tHe z06 is not joe dirt, my dream car. Would take over any porsche any day.BigBarney, I'm confused, that doesn't look like the family of 5 car or did the wife (your sister?) drive everyone over in the mini-van?

Those are BigBarney's kids with the uncle.

Leroy
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
See in post 2 also now! Thanks.

Those are BigBarney's kids with the uncle.

Mag_Red
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
the corvette is too joe dirt for me, i much rather have the cayman. i heard that car could actually go head to head with the 911 but had to be tuned down. :rolleyes: I expected a comment like that for a guy with a Mercedes. If I want a car that screams "Look at me! Look at me!" I'd buy the Porsche too Rod. But this Joe Dirt would rather have an American made, world class, Le Man's dominating, push rod V8 powered piece of AMERICAN muscle that will clean the clock of almost anything you can throw at it. I could give a damned if it impresses anyone :headbang:

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-19-2006, 08:08 AM
:rolleyes: I expected a comment like that for a guy with a Mercedes. If I want a car that screams "Look at me! Look at me!" I'd buy the Porsche too Rod. But this Joe Dirt would rather have an American made, world class, Le Man's dominating, push rod V8 powered piece of AMERICAN muscle that will clean the clock of almost anything you can throw at it. I could give a damned if it impresses anyone :headbang:
A-men
I've got a triple black (joe_dirt) 6 speed.
put the porche and the vette side by side and see where the crowd is going to gather. Porches are great cars. But for the money,looks, and pure american muscle you can't beat the vette.
p.s.--drove the zo6--absolutley sick!!! wait till the modifiers have a little time to tune this thing. They will have it at 575h.p. with bolt-ons--or close to bolt-ons in no time. Some day i'll actually put some pics up and you all can judge for yourself!!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
p.s.--
your brother in law has a VERY NICE CAR!!

BigBarney
04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
bcampbe7,

You'll probably see him around Winchester this summer. He lives in Hopkin's Point. He went to some Porshe driving school and got a chance to drive a Cayman. That's when he made the decision to trade his 911 for it. Tried to sell me the 911 - it is purple like my boat. He said the handling is what did it for him. I took it for a spin and pushed it to 100 mph in 4th gear. Fast enough for me.

BigBarney
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Bill's a little guy - so the car fits him good. I need a little more leg room. A Z06 or M5/M6 is more up my alley. When I had my 540, I got 3 tickets in 3 years. Made a financially sound move to get rid of it:).

My boss was given a Z06 to drive for a year through work and he let me keep it for a couple of days. Those couple of days went by very FAST. But I'm 4wd guy. I like big tires and dual exhaust. Can't haul a deer very well in a 2 seater!

04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I dont think The Z06 is "joe dirt" far from it. Thats far out of the joe dirt league fo cars. joe dirt is more like a camaro iroc T top, or an old smokey and the bandit pontiac.....you get the point. :rolleyes:
The Z06, as Mag indicated, is a world class sports car. Its just got more brute power, and thats what sports cars should deliver in spades!!! POWER!!!

04-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Can't haul a deer very well in a 2 seater!
WEll sure you can Barney, you just have to be well aquainted with the deer. :banana: :uglyhamme

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-19-2006, 09:24 AM
I dont think The Z06 is "joe dirt" far from it. Thats far out of the joe dirt league fo cars. joe dirt is more like a camaro iroc T top, or an old smokey and the bandit pontiac.....you get the point. :rolleyes:
The Z06, as Mag indicated, is a world class sports car. Its just got more brute power, and thats what sports cars should deliver in spades!!! POWER!!!
HAD AN IROC -Z WITH A 350 '87. t-TOPS ONLY
225 hp tuned-port. ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days 19 years old and not a care in the world.
and yup--thats JOE DIRT-- but at 19 you really don't care

3event
04-19-2006, 09:28 AM
If I were buying a sports car, I would be buying what I would enjoy driving, not what I want to be seen in > who cares?

A smokey & bandit TA is a classic if it's in good shape. Call it what you want. Although a 68-69 firebird/camaro would be better. Would anyone call a 71 hemi cuda Joe Dirt? Go ahead. Maybe the IROC Z is a little less exciting, but probably a blast for the young kid who just wants something he can wrench on and cruise in.

Got to admit I like Porsches, though. Was looking around for a '85ish 930 turbo but wisely decided not to pursue, and year later bought the PS197. RIGHT CHOICE! A toy that the whole family (and friends) can enjoy - doesn't get any better than that! I guess at this point I would rather put future playtime money in boats not cars.

BigBarney
04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I can tell you that Bill could care less who sees him. He just loves driving "aggressive" and the Porsche does it for him. A 'vette would do it for me!

Now the husband/wife here in Chattanooga who have lime green and banana yellow Lamborghini's - you could only want those cars in those colors to flash. If I needed a "show" piece, then I would drive straight down to the Ashton Martin dealership in Atlanta and buy a Vanquish.

BriEOD
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM

I couldn't agree with you more!!

bcampbe7
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM
bcampbe7,

You'll probably see him around Winchester this summer. He lives in Hopkin's Point. He went to some Porshe driving school and got a chance to drive a Cayman. That's when he made the decision to trade his 911 for it. Tried to sell me the 911 - it is purple like my boat. He said the handling is what did it for him. I took it for a spin and pushed it to 100 mph in 4th gear. Fast enough for me.

Nice neighborhood! My boss lives there, as I think you know...

I was not saying I would turn down a ride in the Caymen! ;)

M-Funf
04-19-2006, 12:44 PM
A Z06 or M5/M6 is more up my alley.

Somebody say M5??? :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p39a2489969762bf4674f6419e58c0002/f32768fd.jpg

I'm all for buying American...but after I looked at Corvette, Pontiac, Dodge, Porsche, and this M5, I decided that 400hp with a back seat and some "stealth" factor was too hard to pass up. I don't need the added attention of a P-car or F-car. A few bolt on's later, and this M5 does pretty well...

04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
well I have to say I wouldnt pass any of those cars up(especially in my F150 :uglyhamme ) they are all fine sports cars. I just like the vette, its got some mojo to it. But in the end, If I was gonna drop any major coin on something other than a house, it wouldnt have any wheels, it would have a propeller, and it would say Mastercraft on the side of it. I still cant stomach the idea of forking out $40K for a new boat, the thought of it just makes me quiver..... :eek:

erkoehler
04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
You work at a chevy dealership and drive a FORD :confused:

rodltg2
04-19-2006, 10:50 PM
i guess ill take it back from my previous post... i saw a blue zo6 on the road today. that thing is sweet. had some big a$$ wheels tires on it... i kind of want one now!

Mag_Red
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
i guess ill take it back from my previous post... i saw a blue zo6 on the road today. that thing is sweet. had some big a$$ wheels tires on it... i kind of want one now!
Nah....stick with your Benz...........wouldn't want any one thinkin you were "Joe Dirt" 8p

rodltg2
04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
i love the benz, but after seeing a brand new z06 , if i ever want a sports car i may have grow the mullet and get the vette..

i guess i never have seen the z06 till today , only regular vettes..

shepherd
04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
If I can't fit a slalom ski, ski vest, and cooler in it, I wouldn't buy it... That Porsche looks iffy... :cool:

04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
If I can't fit a slalom ski, ski vest, and cooler in it, I wouldn't buy it... That Porsche looks iffy... :cool:
Now theres a concept!!.....crusing in a big $$$ sports car with a slalom ski, ski vest, and cooler ;) Are we cool yet? :cool: