PDA

View Full Version : Right side speakers not as loud???

garyh
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I have an 02 x30 that I just purchased and my right side speakers are not near as loud as the left. The boat has a factory clarion sound system. Is it possible that the right side of the amp is not working? I looked all around. checked connections, equalizer; but still am left wondering why such a difference in loudness; quality seems ok; doesnt sound like any speakers are busted; just like the tweeter's and speakers do not have as much power? any suggestions?

Footin
04-18-2006, 06:04 PM
OK, I have to ask if you checked the "balance" control.

By the way, Welcome to the board! We need more Ohio people around here!

Tom023
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I had a similar problem with mine (Clarion APX400.4M amp) and when installing a second amp to drive the sub only, I discovered the speakers (4) and sub had been incorrectly wired. It's been too many years for me to recall exactly what had been done, but that amp was set in 3-channel mode and the sub and both right side speakers were wired on the sub channel; one of the left speakers on the second channel; and the other left speaker on the third channel. This resulted in the right side having no treble and just a muffled sound.

I was only able to discover this by pulling the kick panel and getting access to all the speaker wires underneath, where they were combined, and tracing them to the correct speakers.

garyh
04-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I checked all the balance controls; The boat has an after market amp driving the tower speakers but they are working just fine. The sub is working fine just the Right front bow speaker and the rear right speaker are just weak in comparison; you cant even tell that there playing if the stereo is turned up.
I followed the wires, everything seems to match up. Any ideas? Can the right side of an amp go bad???

Leroy
04-19-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure of the connector, but you can you swap the wires at the radio to see if it is the speakers or amps?

Can you get rid of the problem with the balance? How bad is it? Do the speakers put out any sound?

garyh
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
No, the balance L/R is normal; I tried even putting more sound on the right and you can still tell that the speakers are not as loud;
Yes, you can hear sound just no where near the loudness of the left side; There is no muffled or scratchy sounds like a busted spkr..???