PDA

View Full Version : sundresses and short skirts

rodltg2
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
the weather finally improved and so did the way the girls are dressing!

rodltg2
04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
sorry no pics... i know the thread title may have mislead...

Footin
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
You had Erkle all excited.

kalanic
04-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes the weather is lookin great finally! Maybe able to finish my install this week end..I hope!

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
You had Erkle all excited.

Why'd you have to bring me into this thread?

jrcarte78
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
This is the most disappointed I've ever been.

:D

Danimal
04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
You had me goin... I'm a sucker for a nice sundress!!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
This is the most disappointed I've ever been.

:D
Seriously!!!!!! I 2nd that!! If I wasn't already on post probation, I might have used some Slang!!!

Danimal
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Someone has to save this doomed thread!!!

krich
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I re-created theswimsuitthread do we now need a sundressthread ;-)

TonyB
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Deleted image. It was copyrighted. My bad. Apologies to all.

east tx skier
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Let's not forget what we talked about with regard to posting copyrighted material.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Let's not forget what we talked about with regard to posting copyrighted material.
yes sir, bossman!!!!! ;)

sanddragon2004
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
You had me goin... I'm a sucker for a nice sundress!!

ya come on man whats with teasin us????

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Seriously!!!!!! I 2nd that!! If I wasn't already on post probation, I might have used some Slang!!!

Whatchoo on post probation for WFT?? :confused:

tommcat
04-19-2006, 07:37 AM
sorry no pics... i know the thread title may have mislead...
good thing, you know how offended some people here would get if they saw a girl in a sundress.

PendO
04-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I re-created theswimsuitthread do we now need a sundressthread ;-)

hey man, I checked out your new swimsuit (http://wugga.com/theswimsuitthread) thread ... I think you need to define nudity ... American standards or European?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Whatchoo on post probation for WFT?? :confused:
Self explanatory........:(

PendO
04-19-2006, 09:01 AM

Why is there only concern for copyright when there is a girl in the picture ... this whole damn thing is more about pictures of women than it ever was about copyright law!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-19-2006, 09:20 AM
COPYRIGHT OR NOT---THANKS FOR THE PIC! :o

#47of100TeamMC
04-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Speaking of Sundresses and short skirts... what happened to the Swimsuit thread? Always a good thread to review on Hump Day!

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Why is there only concern for copyright when there is a girl in the picture ... this whole damn thing is more about pictures of women than it ever was about copyright law!

Pendo, let's call it playing the odds. Lots of companies pay big bucks to these women so they can photograph them and use their likeness to make more money peddling whatever it is they're peddling. Were I a betting man, I'd say they are far more likely to get ticked off and cause trouble about seeing pictures that they paid good money to own than somebody that owns a picture of an engine, a boat, or some fat guy riding a bicycle.

While MC can likely avoid real trouble be just agree to take the stuff down when a complaint does role in, do you really want them to take a hard look at all of the pictures and just establish a blanket rule. Without some of the ski boat related pictures, the site becomes less useful. The same cannot be said for slightly fewer pictures of pretty girls.

If anyone thinks this policy is unfair, do not hesitate to complain to MC and mention me in the process. Maybe you'll luck out and they'll give you the job.

sizzler
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
doug..just PM'd ya

threadjack over

SD190EVO
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Gotta love spring...

Only thing nicer than getting the M/C out of storage is seeing the skin reappear after a long hibernation.

tommcat
04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Gotta love spring...

Only thing nicer than getting the M/C out of storage is seeing the skin reappear after a long hibernation.
i agree, apparently though there are a bunch of people here that are offended by women showing any skin :rolleyes:

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
i agree, apparently though there are a bunch of people here that are offended by women showing any skin :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bcampbe7
04-19-2006, 04:58 PM

It wasn't "showing any skin" that was the problem, it was showing all skin.

tommcat
04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:wasnt talking about you eastie, or the copyright issue.
i was referring to the people who complained about the swimsuits not being "family oriented" and i'm sure there have been or would be people with the same complaints if pics of women in sundresses were posted.

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 05:01 PM
wasnt talking about you eastie, or the copyright issue.
i was referring to the people who complained about the swimsuits not being "family oriented" and i'm sure there have been or would be people with the same complaints if pics of women in sundresses were posted.

Well, there was that.

By the way, there is still a swimsuit thread last I checked.

tommcat
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, there was that.

By the way, there is still a swimsuit thread last I checked.seems like nobody wants to post on it though. i'd be worried about MC banning me or the whole site, and it seems that if someone does post a pic they get half this place jumping all over them for doing so. :confused:

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, there's always www.theswimsuitthread.com

Workin' 4 Toys
04-19-2006, 08:00 PM
I hear that.........;)

PendO
04-19-2006, 08:22 PM
wasnt talking about you eastie, or the copyright issue.

just found out Beer is not family friendly ... what now?

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
You guys are breaking my heart.

Davo
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Not meaning to stir the pot, butt I don't see how a lawsuit for posting copyrighted pics on a discussion forum full of random peope talking about anything and everything could "hold" water. Then again, I'm not an attorney...(although I deal with them often, being in construction :rolleyes: )

So, that being said, I'd have to say PendO's statement seems like a pretty fair assessment. It's not like my observations change anything and for all I know someone could be sued for farting in public.

BTW, nothing at all directed at you Eastie; I understand rules are rules.

Happy Friday Eve. :toast:

rodltg2
04-20-2006, 11:47 AM
just found out Beer is not family friendly ... what now?

you right about that, at my local public lake they have big signs the read

" for a family enjoyable experience, alcohol is not allowed in all day use areas of the lake"

bcampbe7
04-20-2006, 11:50 AM
As far as I can tell, ETS is doing what is right. I don't think he has gotten much direction from TMC, so erroring on the side of caution is the best route to take, IMHO.

Your doing a fine job ETS!

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Not meaning to stir the pot, butt I don't see how a lawsuit for posting copyrighted pics on a discussion forum full of random peope talking about anything and everything could "hold" water. Then again, I'm not an attorney...(although I deal with them often, being in construction :rolleyes: )

So, that being said, I'd have to say PendO's statement seems like a pretty fair assessment. It's not like my observations change anything and for all I know someone could be sued for farting in public.

BTW, nothing at all directed at you Eastie; I understand rules are rules.

Happy Friday Eve. :toast:

Happy Friday Eve to you, too.

It's not just about whether or not it could hold water. And Pendo isn't necessarily wrong in his assessment. But the reasoning behind the policy is not so cut and dry as all that. And as Pendo can probably attest from the PMs he and I have exchanged discussing the subject, my reasoning is as longwinded as most of my posts. But it's not solely grounded in the concern of lawsuits, nor is it solely grounded in the fact that they are pictures of purdy girlies.

In the end, yes, rules are still rules. And even still, the stuff gets posted on here.

/Thanks Beau.

jmyers
04-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Who the hell really cares! Aren't we suppposed to be having fun on here? Casey I am with you, when the rules become the most important thing we talk about then they aren't really important! To much red tape here, and Doug remember you are a lawyer playing by the rules(I hope) everyday this should be your release lossen up a bit have some fun! :dance:

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 12:31 PM
It should be. But when I have to enforce the rules because they aren't followed, it is like babysitting. And it is a bit less fun. Yeah, discussing the rules is boring. But so is discussing that discussing the rules is boring. Man, it's just neverending. Moreover, it's pointless. Because this is the way it is until they have enough of me and fire my a$$.

You guys can have this job whenever you want. Please email TMC and ask if you can be the mod. I'll go back to posting and having 100% fun. I volunteered to do this only because I care about having this site a year from now. The last thing I'm going to do is a half-a$$ed job.

PendO
04-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I like fully clothed women, and the CSX is the best boat ever made ... if only my wake were as small as Rod's

As I told Eastie he has a thankless job, a few more helpers would make it less stressfull ... help the guy out MC.

And don't bust Eastie too bad about being an attorney, my wife is one, and I am waiting for my bar results ... always good to wait 4.5 years after graduating from law school to take your first bar exam.

Regardless, the copyright issue is just a means to an end ... Doug, I took about a month off b/c it wasn't fun to be here ... and then I picked up my boat full of water, and found myself back online ... funny how it all works.

jmyers
04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Doug, I feel for you on this I would'nt be a mod for anything! I like to BS and have fun on here and I can't see how it would work to do both! Casey I am not saying anything about the lawyer thing :rolleyes: It is a great profession I just think Doug was having more fun on here before he had to worry about all this other BS on here! MC and this forum has always been fun, but lately like you said it has lost something! Just my thoughts!

PendO
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
It is a great profession

That may be taking it too far, which is why I have been waiting so long ... :) I've got a few good friends from school, but there are others I wouldn't trust to mow my lawn.

jmyers
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
That may be taking it too far, which is why I have been waiting so long ... :) I've got a few good friends from school, but there are others I wouldn't trust to mow my lawn.
Well the lawm mowing law's have changed alot lately you may need a lawyer to explain the law's on which way to mow, what direction, what speed to mow, and what rights you have while mowing! :uglyhamme

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Client: "What's 2+2?"

Lawyer: "Whataya want it to be?" 8p

It's a fine profession if you can find the right nitch. I'm fortunate to have done so, and I don't have to file lawsuits against people.

Sure, I had a bit more fun on here before having to be the cop. But it's still fun for me. When Pendo found the water in his boat, I'll bet he was happy to have a place to come to talk about it and get the volume of responses that he's gotten.

While the CR thing may seem like an arbitrary means to an end, I'll assure you that while perhaps the former, it is not arbitrary. There is method to it, the goal being fewer restrictions ultimately by restricting some things on the front end (yes, that's intentionally vague).

I don't like having to spoil anyone's fun. And I hate to be so vague about everything. But the explanation is enough to put you to sleep. Just ask Pendo. ;)

I don't know of another boating site on the net that would let you post half of the stuff that people have posted on here (and none of the sites I'm thinking of are corporate owned). If you'd like to try an experiment, go try to start a swimsuit thread on one of the other forums posting stuff you don't own. Betcha it doesn't last too long. But ICBW.

ski36short
04-20-2006, 11:57 PM
This is sad. A great topic has descended into lawyer talk.

PendO
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Sure, I had a bit more fun on here before having to be the cop. But it's still fun for me. When Pendo found the water in his boat, I'll bet he was happy to have a place to come to talk about it and get the volume of responses that he's gotten.

yeah, I came here b/c you guys are my friends, but imagine if I had just gone to wakeworld or wakesidrides ... and I am a paying member on themalibucrew (and they would love the story) ... I just wish there was a font I could write in so that people knew I was sarcastic 99% of the time ... and Dave loooved the water story, it was like hitting a watermellon with an aluminum baseball bat:)

PendO
04-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a funny true lawyer story ... two of my classmates were up on a bridge, drunk/wasted ... one of them is an X navy seal ... they have wetsuits on and are all ready to repel into the spokane river off the maple street bridge (tied into the walkway fencing) ... cops roll by and arrest them (long story short)... next moring they realize that the ropes the were set to repel with were 50' too short :)

Workin' 4 Toys
04-21-2006, 10:16 AM
This is sad. A great topic has descended into lawyer talk.
That's because you can't post a pic unless it is your significant other, I suppose.....:rolleyes: Otherwise, we could make it fun...;)

east tx skier
04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.tssk.co.uk/funny_pictures/animated_gifs/04/thumbs/sad_violin.jpg

Leroy
04-21-2006, 10:53 AM
We should respect MasterCraft's message and not waste time of our modurator trying to figure out what is ok or not.

Stick to boating stuff, we do not need a Sundresses and Short Skirts thread on here now. Let this thread and the lawyer talk die! PLEASE!!
:twocents:

sand2snow22
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I like fully clothed women, and the CSX is the best boat ever made ...

I agree with that, and Shaq is the greatest basketball player of all time!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Stick to boating stuff, we do not need a Sundresses and Short Skirts thread on here now. Let this thread and the lawyer talk die! PLEASE!!
:twocents:
Ok, but its a good thing this thread came up, since we have our 4th day in a row over 70degrees, I might just take my wife shopping for some.... And NO pictures for YOU....8p